D&D 5E Eberron: Rising from the Last War Coming For D&D In November

A new D&D campaign setting has appeared on Amazon -- Eberron: Rising from the Last War. It's slated for November 19th, at $49.99.

A new D&D campaign setting has appeared on Amazon -- Eberron: Rising from the Last War. It's slated for November 19th, at $49.99.

Screenshot 2019-08-19 at 10.28.34.png

Explore the lands of Eberron in this campaign sourcebook for the world’s greatest roleplaying game.

This book provides everything players and Dungeon Masters need to play Dungeons & Dragons in Eberron—a war-torn world filled with magic-fueled technology, airships and lightning trains, where noir-inspired mystery meets swashbuckling adventure. Will Eberron enter a prosperous new age or will the shadow of war descend once again?

• Dive straight into your pulp adventures with easy-to-use locations, complete with maps of floating castles, skyscrapers, and more.

• Explore Sharn, a city of skyscrapers, airships, and noirish intrigue and a crossroads for the world’s war-ravaged peoples.

• Include a campaign for characters venturing into the Mournland, a mist-cloaked, corpse-littered land twisted by magic.

• Meld magic and invention to craft objects of wonder as an artificer—the first official class to be released for fifth edition D&D since the Player’s Handbook.

• Flesh out your characters with a new D&D game element called a group patron—a background for your whole party.

• Explore 16 new race/subrace options including dragonmarks, which magically transform certain members of the races in the Player’s Handbook.

• Confront horrific monsters born from the world’s devastating wars.

There is an alternate cover for game stores:

ECWHqFcU4AAvUYP.jpg

WotC's Jeremy Crawford confirmed that "The book incorporates the material in "Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron" and adds a whole lot more."

R_J_K75

Legend
Is the elf a famous Eberron NPC I should be aware of?

Not that Im aware of but its been quite some years since Ive read anything Eberron. IIRC one of the main concepts of Eberron was that all the key NPCs are lower levels and the PCs were supposed to be the heroes. This was in contrast to the Forgotten Realms where the ultra powerful NPCs could swoop in and save the day at anytime.

gyor

Legend
The only thing that intrigues me is the Party Background mechanic The Patron, I have a feeling this mechanic will find it's way into BG 3 and even into other D&D 5e books I don't think it will be an Eberron exclusive. In fact I would not be surprised if Larian Studios came up with the idea first and are having WotC use Eberron as a test drive first.

And yes I don't like the cover either.

RSIxidor

Adventurer
I must be the only person who likes the cover, though I think it's just on the wrong product. Feels like it would be more at home on the cover of some kind of novel. I want my RPG books to evoke the adventuring spirit and I don' think this does well.

jhilahd

Explorer
I'm pretty sure the cover is a mock-up or comp/placeholder. This has been done on other WotC books prior to official release. I'm sure it'll either be better or reworked OR completely different upon release.

lyle.spade

Adventurer
The cover's pretty lame...what's why Pikachu's little brother on her shoulder?

But I won't buy it for the cover - I'll get it because Eberron is the best, most original DnD setting. I didn't like the mechanical changes for 4e, and didn't keep any of those books, but I have all the 3x volumes, ready to serve as background. I'm glad that they're supporting the setting with a physical product.

Never mind the cover, the title (Rising from the Last War) is a bit meh too, isn't it? I'm not entirely sure what it means, but I can think of better titles off the top of my head: e.g. Echoes of the Last War.

Remove ads

Remove ads