D&D 5E Eberron: Rising from the Last War Coming For D&D In November

A new D&D campaign setting has appeared on Amazon -- Eberron: Rising from the Last War. It's slated for November 19th, at $49.99.

A new D&D campaign setting has appeared on Amazon -- Eberron: Rising from the Last War. It's slated for November 19th, at $49.99.

Screenshot 2019-08-19 at 10.28.34.png

Explore the lands of Eberron in this campaign sourcebook for the world’s greatest roleplaying game.

This book provides everything players and Dungeon Masters need to play Dungeons & Dragons in Eberron—a war-torn world filled with magic-fueled technology, airships and lightning trains, where noir-inspired mystery meets swashbuckling adventure. Will Eberron enter a prosperous new age or will the shadow of war descend once again?

• Dive straight into your pulp adventures with easy-to-use locations, complete with maps of floating castles, skyscrapers, and more.

• Explore Sharn, a city of skyscrapers, airships, and noirish intrigue and a crossroads for the world’s war-ravaged peoples.

• Include a campaign for characters venturing into the Mournland, a mist-cloaked, corpse-littered land twisted by magic.

• Meld magic and invention to craft objects of wonder as an artificer—the first official class to be released for fifth edition D&D since the Player’s Handbook.

• Flesh out your characters with a new D&D game element called a group patron—a background for your whole party.

• Explore 16 new race/subrace options including dragonmarks, which magically transform certain members of the races in the Player’s Handbook.

• Confront horrific monsters born from the world’s devastating wars.

There is an alternate cover for game stores:

ECWHqFcU4AAvUYP.jpg

WotC's Jeremy Crawford confirmed that "The book incorporates the material in "Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron" and adds a whole lot more."

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
I completely rewrote that adventure and scaled up the difficulty. The main antagonists in my version was House Tharashk scavengers, the insane constructs within the underground lab, and a morkoth lurking in an arcanioactive cooling tank. The big climax at the end was a Mad Max style vehicles battle on the way back to Darguun with Lord of Blades zealots on robocycles and a grav tank versus the PCs in a House Orien armored semi. I only used living fireballs in this one and they would spawn whenever a PC would throw a fireball. It was a tough choice - do you use a fireball to take out all these House Tharashk orcs closing in, thus creating a living fireball, or do they swarm over your lines?

The players do NOT want to go back to the Mournland. It was rough.
My game includes a House Cannith member whose parents were involved in the construction of the warforged, a Gatekeeper who is following up on a daelkyr that is trapped beneath Cyre/Valenar/the Talenta Plains/Darguun, a warforged juggernaut whose fellow warband members have all gone to the Mournlands in service to LoB, and a quad of PCs that were at the final battle in Cyre at what became the Fields of Ruin when the Day of Mourning cataclysm occurred-- one of whom acquired an aberrant dragonmark when the explosion went off and they discovered they could now manipulate time.

Putting all these different character backgrounds together resulted in my decisions on the reason for the Day of Mourning, who the Lord of Blades is, what the daelkyr is doing, and why all the bodies of the warriors at the Fields of Ruin have not decayed. It's all going to result in the possibility of a campaign ending that will seem derivative of Avengers: Endgame (if the aberrant chronomancer decides to try and use his abilities to send the parties back in time to stop House Cannith patriarch Sterrin d'Cannith from becoming the LoB and causing the DoM), but truth be told I had this plotline on the docket earlier in the winter before the movie got released. So if my players complain about me ripping off Marvel, I'll just tell them to bite me. ;)

Parmandur

Book-Friend
The Mystic "failed?" When was that decided? I know it got a lot of changes and ended up at version #3 but I haven't seen any official statement saying it was scrapped outright.

Yeah, the third version was a bust. Mearls went into that in the numerous episodes on his Happy Fun Hour where he spitballed a replacement Psionic Class in the early concept stages. But the Mystic is dead.

MarkB

Legend
I hate it because I think the setting is named Oberon, and then I think it's all about a Midsummer Night's Dream, and I am reasonably sure that the setting is really about that time when I was playing Bottom, and my pants fell down, but then maybe that was a dream, and then someone says that it isn't really what the setting is about, and I'm being all irrational and hysterical, and I'm all like SHUT UP you aren't the boss of me and also why are you in my head?

So, there's that, too.
That's rough, buddy.

Remove ads

Remove ads