D&D 5E Eberron: Rising from the Last War Previews

Fantasy Grounds has posted a preview of the official virtual tabletop package for the upcoming Eberron setting book. It gives a great sense of the content and art style to be found in the hardcover.

Fantasy Grounds has posted a preview of the official virtual tabletop package for the upcoming Eberron setting book. It gives a great sense of the content and art style to be found in the hardcover.

Screenshot 2019-09-26 at 19.51.58.png

Screenshot 2019-09-26 at 19.53.00.png

Screenshot 2019-09-26 at 19.52.31.png

D&D Eberron: Rising From The Last War
Explore the lands of Eberron in this campaign sourcebook for the world's greatest roleplaying game.

This book provides everything players and Dungeon Masters need to play Dungeons & Dragons in Eberron--a war-torn world filled with magic-fueled technology, airships and lightning trains, where noir-inspired mystery meets swashbuckling adventure. Will Eberron enter a prosperous new age, or will the shadow of war descend once again?

• Meld magic and invention to craft objects of wonder as an artificer--the first official class to be released for fifth edition D&D since the Player's Handbook.
  • Enter the world of Eberron in a 1st-level adventure set in Sharn, the City of Towers
  • Dive straight into your pulp adventures with easy-to-use locations, complete with maps of train cars, battle-scarred fortresses, and fallen warforged colossi.
  • Explore Sharn, a city of skyscrapers, airships, and intrigue and a crossroads for the world's war-ravaged peoples.
  • Flesh out your characters with a new D&D game element called a group patron--a background for your whole party.
  • Explore 16 new race/subrace options including dragonmarks, which magically transform certain members of the races in the Player's Handbook.
  • Confront horrific monsters born from the world's devastating wars.
  • Prepare to venture into the Mournland, a mist-cloaked, corpse-littered land twisted by magic.
Click through for more screenshots.

Bolares

Hero
I wonder if some of the "no firearms in Eberron" policy has been relaxed a little, as the Goblin in the picture has a pistol and the Artillerist's Turrets have been renamed to "Eldritch Cannons".

I also see that they're reusing a lot of the Wayne Reynolds art from 3.x era.
I'm fine with the eldritch cannons because they skin the guns as arcane artillery... the art of the goblin with a pistol baffles me

Bitbrain

Lost in Dark Sun
While I dislike the pistol, I did enjoy that picture of the goblinoids arguing with each other.
The hobgoblin is all “let me at him!”, and the bugbear is like “dude, relax.”

Love the design of the Eldritch cannons. Reminds me of Batman: the Brave and the Bold a little bit.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
I also see that they're reusing a lot of the Wayne Reynolds art from 3.x era.

Not only are they reusing art, it appears they are reusing maps of continents and the cosmology, which is adding to the disappointment.

The new art I find very good, especially that goblin piece. Looks more like something that could come to life, beyond that very distinct Reynolds' style.

Remove ads

Remove ads