• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Eberron] The Forgotten Forge

Krug

Newshound
Plonk takes out the booty,his eyes glistening. He looks at the schema, fascinated by it. "Now... to get outta here!"

Ashy

First Post
Rawhide looks confused. "Wot? Dat plate is gonna git us outta here, Plonk? Can it make up some food? Mes hungry..." The shifter's stomach rumbles, as if on que...

MadMaxim

First Post
Gannon examines the four vials before Plonk puts them away. Then he turns to face Rawhide in attempt to explain the situation. "No, Rawhide. The plate cannot get us out of here or make food for you. It is the object that the pretty lady in the city hired us to find. When we bring it to her she will give us gold and then you can buy a lot of food. But we first have to get out of here." He looks straight at the shifter, hoping that he explained it plainly enough for him to understand. "Lead the way, Rawhide. I'll be right behind you."

OOC: Gannon takes 4 minutes to identify the potions using his Spellcraft skill (if they are potions, of course).

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
Plonk: [Appraise check on the ingots] You think they're all worth around 50 gp. [Artificer Knowledge check, roll of 3 on d20, +3 skilled, total 6] You cannot find any discernable aura on the potions.

MadMaxim: [Spellcraft against DC 25, rolls of 15, 12, 4, 11 on d20, +6 skilled, totals 21, 18, 10, 17, failure] You cannot identify any of the potions in this way.

Everyone: Having achieved your goal, you start to head back up to the city. The journey back is far more straightforward than the journey down was, although you do find something interesting back at the junction where you had the battle with the giant spider — a disabled warforged, its body covered with dents and missing its head, lies in the center of the floor. In its left hand is a sword and its right a scroll-case. To either side of the body lie the corspes of two shifters, both of them smelling of sewer water and stripped of anything valuable.

Plonk: Inspection of the sword reveals that it is, in fact, magical [Artificer knowledge, roll of 18 on d20, +3 skilled, total 21].

Everyone: The scroll case yields a tightly wound piece of brown paper, sealed with a drop of wax.

Whoever Reads the Scroll: [sblock]I see you've found the schema. For a group of bumbling whelps, you actually do rather well in a fight when you get your bearings — I was a little concerned that the gnome wouldn't make it for a while. I'm still surprised that you managed that encounter with the harpoon spider, although I suppose that trouble had more to do with the fact that your shifter friend's a complete loose cannon than with the difficulty of the ambush we had planned. Well, in any case, watch out for agents of the Lord of Blades. They're everywhere and they're rather agressive. I'm sure you don't want him to get the schema. We don't want you to have the schema, but we'd rather it was in your hands than his. For now, at least. — V —[/sblock]

OOC: If there's anything you want to do here, you can mention it. I've assumed the most logical things (searching and such) in my descriptions above. If there's anything else I haven't covered, let me know, and we'll plug it in. Otherwise, read on for the second meeting with Lady Elaydren...

Everyone: When you emerge from the depths of the city, you find that it's day. A bright, sunny day in Sharn, for once, although a bit cool. The light is nearly blinding after so much time spent delving through the sewers and old city by torchlight, but it's also a bit comforting. You return to the Broken Anvil, slightly worse for the wear, but on the whole quite healthy and, thankfully, possessing the schema. The barkeep mentions that Lady Elaydren's staying in some private rooms off the main hall and dispatches one of his staff to fetch her. After a short wait, she comes arrives, dressed in a radiant blue glamerweave gown and flanked by a powerfully-built man — her bodyguard, most likely.

When you explain the situation, she smiles. "You have my thanks, and the thanks of my House. If you periodically check in with the House Sivis message station in Barmin Tower, you might find that my House and I often have need for contract employees. Now, I believe I owe you 900 gold," she pulls out a purse, "and you owe me the schema."

OOC: You can wrap this up any way you like, although, naturally, you'll have to give the schema to her if you want this money from her. ;) Whatever way you resolve this, you'll find that this is the end of the first section of the campaign and will likely want to check the OOC thread for some important information...

Krug

Newshound
Plonk hands over the schema, grabbing the gold as she hands it over and trying to ensure that it is 900 gold in there. "Here you go my lady. It was an... interesting quest."

Plonk will seek to identify the sword and see if it's of any use to the companions. As for the rest of the haul, those stuff that the party does not want he'll sell off.

MadMaxim

First Post
"As Plonk just mentioned, it was an extremely interesting journey through the city's sewers. I hope you find some use for the schema, because I can honestly not see what it's good for... I suppose you contact us again if you ever need some artifact-gathering done?"

Knight Otu

First Post
In the talks with Lady Elaidren, Flawed once again tries to keep a low profile. While it knows by now that she is not here to punish it, it cannot shake the nagging doubts that have risen the first time.

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
She laughs at the description of the adventure as "interesting." She pauses for a second after and then addresses Gannon. "Yes, we'll certainly consider you for anything of the sort. Check the message station in Barmin Tower every so often. If that'll be all, then I'll be leaving. All my best, gentlemen." She stands and leaves the table.

OOC: Remember, I need to know what the party plans on doing from here. There are a couple of different plot hooks floating out there (some more obscure than others — the two obvious choices are going to Xen'drik to help the dark-skinned elves or waiting in Sharn until you hear from Lady Elaydren — I'll leave the others to you to decide on...). Once I have an idea of what's going on, I'll post the new thread.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads