• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Eberron] The War-Torn novel proposal thingie

SurfMonkey01

First Post
I did this over at RPG.Net too, but I figure the more help the merrier...

So anyone else around here thinking of entering this, just for fun? There are days I think I'm a good writer, and days where I don't -- my fiance says I am, and what the hell, if it's just for fun, I may as well try it. I've got a problem, though. She's not objective, and my friends are all pains in the ass about giving opinions on writing (we have two other friends who are convinced that they're going to be the next great American novelists, and everyone's pretty sick of listening to them, and it kinda gets carried over to everyone else now too)... is there anyone who isn't planning on entering it, but would mind giving me some critiques and comments on my ideas? If there is, I would GREATLY appreciate the help... I've got my basic outline, but something feels like it's missing and I dunno who I can ask for help... Let me know if you'd like to give me a hand, and I'll send you what I've got. And just think, if you help me out and I DO win, I'll make sure you get some sort of credit in the finished product :)

Last edited:

reanjr

First Post
SurfMonkey01 said:
I did this over at RPG.Net too, but I figure the more help the merrier...

So anyone else around here thinking of entering this, just for fun? There are days I think I'm a good writer, and days where I don't -- my fiance says I am, and what the hell, if it's just for fun, I may as well try it. I've got a problem, though. She's not objective, and my friends are all pains in the ass about giving opinions on writing (we have two other friends who are convinced that they're going to be the next great American novelists, and everyone's pretty sick of listening to them, and it kinda gets carried over to everyone else now too)... is there anyone who isn't planning on entering it, but would mind giving me some critiques and comments on my ideas? If there is, I would GREATLY appreciate the help... I've got my basic outline, but something feels like it's missing and I dunno who I can ask for help... Let me know if you'd like to give me a hand, and I'll send you what I've got. And just think, if you help me out and I DO win, I'll make sure you get some sort of credit in the finished product :)

I was thinking about entering but I came to the conclusion that I am way too unmotivated to do so. If you'd like, you can contact me [reanjr at wwnet dot net]

mythago

Hero
If your friends think they're great writers, why not form a workshop group?

You might also try critters.org for critiquing by non-girlfriends. :)

Shadowdancer

First Post
I'm also thinking of submitting something. I've almost got everything worked out. I have the dinosaurs and pirates in place; now if I can just fit the ninjas in somewhere. ;)

Seriously, I do have an idea I plan to submit. Good luck to anyone else who is submitting something. If my idea doesn't get accepted, I may write it up anyway as a story hour or something.

Paragon Kobold

First Post
Shadowdancer said:
I'm also thinking of submitting something. I've almost got everything worked out. I have the dinosaurs and pirates in place; now if I can just fit the ninjas in somewhere. ;)

Just have them ride the dinosaurs.

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
I will be entering it. I just need to finish my 10 page scene writing sample (I have 8 pages of one scene and 4 pages of another and 1 page of another, so I just need to flesh out the 8 pages into 10 and delete the other 5 and I'll be golden).

I really don't think they'll take something from a first-timer from me, but I really like the characters I've created and hopefully the story will evolve into something decent, so we'll see.

JediSoth

Remove ads