• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Eberron (Warforged) Question

Droid101

First Post
Okay, I don't plan on buying Eberron, but I like the Warforged guys. They have some pretty specific rules on what effects them (curative spells, immunities, et cetera).

If I just make a base race using the incarnate (living?) construct rules from Savage Species, giving them +2 con, -2 wis -2 cha, would it be about the same? Or are the immunities and such too different? Just curious, to all those Eberron/Savage Species owners.

UltimaGabe

First Post
Droid101 said:
If I just make a base race using the incarnate (living?) construct rules from Savage Species, giving them +2 con, -2 wis -2 cha, would it be about the same? Or are the immunities and such too different? Just curious, to all those Eberron/Savage Species owners.

Warforged and Incarnate Constructs are two completely different things. Mainly, a Warforged, although living, is still a construct, and thus has many construct immunities (poison, doesn't need to sleep, light fortification, so on). An incarnate construct, however, is no longer a construct- it becomes a humanoid (if medium-sized or smaller) or a giant (if large-sized or larger). It has the same immunities as all other humanoids/giants- namely, none.

They're two completely different things, and thus aren't compatible.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Droid101 said:
Okay, I don't plan on buying Eberron, but I like the Warforged guys...If I just make a base race using the incarnate (living?) construct rules from Savage Species, giving them +2 con, -2 wis -2 cha, would it be about the same? Or are the immunities and such too different? Just curious, to all those Eberron/Savage Species owners.

You've come pretty close. The warforged however are balancing acts - they have some immunities that constructs have, but not all. If you make a sort-of 1 hit dice iron golem that's an incarnate construct, you've come pretty close, but would need a +1 level adjustmenet. I won't give specifics here, because it's protected property, but the best I can say is use your best judgment to make a critter that is worth a +0 level adjustment, using a golem as the idea for immunities, but taking away enough so that they aren't completely invulnerable.

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
Droid101 said:
Okay, I don't plan on buying Eberron, but I like the Warforged guys. They have some pretty specific rules on what effects them (curative spells, immunities, et cetera).

Warforged are also presented in MM3 in their nearly-full glory. So, if you don't want to pick up Eberron, you can get MM3 and get the Warforged as well as other nifty monsters.

Brad

Droid101

First Post
cignus_pfaccari said:
Warforged are also presented in MM3 in their nearly-full glory. So, if you don't want to pick up Eberron, you can get MM3 and get the Warforged as well as other nifty monsters.

Brad
Thanks, didn't know about this. I might just get it now. MM3, I mean.

Remove ads