EB's Adventuring in the Days of Yore - Tyranny of Dragons - IC

"I think we should take a few minutes and drag these bodies away from the backdoor here so if the bodies are found they aren't close to the backdoor," Tina says as she easily grabs the corpse at her feet and starts carrying it downstream 20-30 feet and hides it in the underbrush out of sight.

Leif

Adventurer
Sebastian Tenpennies, Gnome Ill 1 / Ass 1

"If we are going to be making use of this area, I suggest we dispose of the bodies further away, and maybe bury or burn them. They smelled bad enough when they were alive, but they'll soon be VERY ripe now that they are rotting lizards. It'd sure be easier to burn the nasty bas****s, but who knows what a fire like that might attract in this place, AND, if they stank when they were alive, can you just imagine what they'd smell like dead and on fire??"

[sblock=Sebastian's Character Sheet]
Name: Sebastian TenPennies
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Race: Gnome
Effective Class: Illusionist/Assassin-1/1
Former Profession: no skill
Height: 3'-7"
Weight: 48#
Eyes: Golden
Hair: White
Surprise: 1 in 6
Movement: 12"
Initiative: +1
AC: 5 (8 base from Leather, -2 from DEX, -1 from Shield)
Hit Points: 05/05
Strength:
Intelligence:
Wisdom:
Dexterity:
Constitution:
Charisma:
Comeliness:
Weight Allowed: +200 Open Door: 1-2 BB/LG: 4%
Additional Languages: special due to race
Magic Saves Adj: none
Reaction/Missile Adj: +1 AC Bonus: -2
HP Adj: +1 System Shock Survival: 91% Resurrection Survival: 94%
Max # Henchmen: 4 Loyalty Adj: normal Reaction Adj: normal
SAVING
THROWS

Illusionist-1
Paralyzation, Poison
& Death Magic

Petrification
& Polymorph

Rod, Staff
& Wand

Breath
Weapon

Spells

Armor Class
Assassin-1

Weapon

Scimitar
Dagger
Lasso
To Hit
Bonus

+0
+0
+1
Damage Vs
Small/Medium

1d8
1d4
none
Damage
Vs Large

1d8
1d3
none
Range
S/M/L

none
1/2/3
1/2/3
Attacks
per Round

1/1
1/1
1/2
Features
Languages Spoken: Common, Gnome, Goblin, Dwarf, Kobold, Halfling, Hobgoblin, Elf, may speak with small burrowing mammals
Illusionist/Assassin
Level: 1/1 XP Earned: (I)330/2,250-(A)250/1,500 XP Bonus: +10% (Illusionist only)
# of Weapon Proficiencies: 3; Non-Proficiency Penalty: -2; Next Proficiency: Assassin Level 5
Weapon Proficiencies: scimitar, dagger, lasso​

Equipment
Leather
Shield, small wooden
Scimitar
Dagger w/scabbard
Lasso (x2)
Gloves of Magic Missiles
boots, low hard
pouch, belt small
2 doses Assassin's Blood (Type A poison)
backpack
traveling spellbook (belonged to Sebastian's brother)
1st: read illusionist magic, phantasmal force, audible glamer, detect illusion
2nd: invisibility, alter self, detect magic
3rd: paralyzation, suggestion, fear
candles, wax (x5)
flint&steel
rations, iron (1 week)
waterskin
bedroll

Treasure:
GP: 13
SP: 00
CP: 00

History
Sebastian Tenpennies and his family were members of the Cult of the Dragon, until our rivals in the cult arranged to wipe all of us out. Attacked during a magical experiment, all of my family was slaughtered and I alone survived, but the Cult of the Dragon b elieves me to be dead also. Although I survived, I was changed and scarred by the magical backlash, and I want revenge! My hit list consists of three names: a human cultist named Frulam Mondath, a half-orc named Bog Luck, and a half-dragon named Rezmir. I have now infiltrated a small group of cultists, who linked up with the main assault force set to attack Greenest.

View attachment 97224
[/sblock]

Last edited:

TallIan

Explorer
William

Willaim helps to drag the bodies away from the gate. "We dare not stay here too long, we'll attract attention." To Sebastian he adds. "I doubt a few dead bodies will warrant much of an investigation in the middle of an attack. There must be knots of defender all over the town, capable of killing a few kobolds. So long as we don't leave them too close to the entrance we should be fine"

Once the bodies are far enough away from the gate William gestures in the direction of the church. "We'd best hurry."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Rumdum agrees. "I'm hurt, so one of you please take point. But if you seem something suspicious, just point the area out for me so I can take a closer look." The halfling retrieves his sling.

Tina carries as many bodies as needed to the area she dumped the prior body. (hopefully William is dumping bodies in a similar location.) "Okay, I think we've got the bodies far enough from the gate. Let's get to the church. Hopefully we can break into the church compound from behind."

Leif

Adventurer
Sebastian Tenpennies, Gnome Ill 1 / Ass 1

"Say, fellows, I wonder if you would mind if I, sort of, tagged along with you? I'm, ahh, a little lonesome here and think I might live longer with some company. As you may have just noticed, I can come in handy occasionally, and I HATES me some kobolds!"

[sblock=Sebastian's Character Sheet]
Name: Sebastian TenPennies
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Race: Gnome
Effective Class: Illusionist/Assassin-1/1
Former Profession: no skill
Height: 3'-7"
Weight: 48#
Eyes: Golden
Hair: White
Surprise: 1 in 6
Movement: 12"
Initiative: +1
AC: 5 (8 base from Leather, -2 from DEX, -1 from Shield)
Hit Points: 05/05
Strength:
Intelligence:
Wisdom:
Dexterity:
Constitution:
Charisma:
Comeliness:
Weight Allowed: +200 Open Door: 1-2 BB/LG: 4%
Additional Languages: special due to race
Magic Saves Adj: none
Reaction/Missile Adj: +1 AC Bonus: -2
HP Adj: +1 System Shock Survival: 91% Resurrection Survival: 94%
Max # Henchmen: 4 Loyalty Adj: normal Reaction Adj: normal
SAVING
THROWS

Illusionist-1
Paralyzation, Poison
& Death Magic

Petrification
& Polymorph

Rod, Staff
& Wand

Breath
Weapon

Spells

Armor Class
Assassin-1

Weapon

Scimitar
Dagger
Lasso
To Hit
Bonus

+0
+0
+1
Damage Vs
Small/Medium

1d8
1d4
none
Damage
Vs Large

1d8
1d3
none
Range
S/M/L

none
1/2/3
1/2/3
Attacks
per Round

1/1
1/1
1/2
Features
Languages Spoken: Common, Gnome, Goblin, Dwarf, Kobold, Halfling, Hobgoblin, Elf, may speak with small burrowing mammals
Illusionist/Assassin
Level: 1/1 XP Earned: (I)330/2,250-(A)250/1,500 XP Bonus: +10% (Illusionist only)
# of Weapon Proficiencies: 3; Non-Proficiency Penalty: -2; Next Proficiency: Assassin Level 5
Weapon Proficiencies: scimitar, dagger, lasso​

Equipment
Leather
Shield, small wooden
Scimitar
Dagger w/scabbard
Lasso (x2)
Gloves of Magic Missiles
boots, low hard
pouch, belt small
2 doses Assassin's Blood (Type A poison)
backpack
traveling spellbook (belonged to Sebastian's brother)
1st: read illusionist magic, phantasmal force, audible glamer, detect illusion
2nd: invisibility, alter self, detect magic
3rd: paralyzation, suggestion, fear
candles, wax (x5)
flint&steel
rations, iron (1 week)
waterskin
bedroll

Treasure:
GP: 13
SP: 00
CP: 00

History
Sebastian Tenpennies and his family were members of the Cult of the Dragon, until our rivals in the cult arranged to wipe all of us out. Attacked during a magical experiment, all of my family was slaughtered and I alone survived, but the Cult of the Dragon b elieves me to be dead also. Although I survived, I was changed and scarred by the magical backlash, and I want revenge! My hit list consists of three names: a human cultist named Frulam Mondath, a half-orc named Bog Luck, and a half-dragon named Rezmir. I have now infiltrated a small group of cultists, who linked up with the main assault force set to attack Greenest.

View attachment 97224
[/sblock]

Khraos

First Post
Filmark also assists in moving the bodies. He silent scolds himself for his blunder that almost cost him his life. Finished with the bodied, he addresses the gnome. "Fortunate that you arrived when you did, or I may not have faired so well. I am Filmark. What should we call you?"

"I'm Tina," the woman wiping blood off of her rather large sword says. "We're trying to find out if there are survivors at the church." She points downstream toward the church compound. "There are enemy troops at the gates to the compound so we hoping to find a way in the back."

Remove ads