EB's Adventuring in the Days of Yore - Tyranny of Dragons - IC

EarlyBird

Explorer
OOC: Approaching the church.

As a group they follow the creek to the back of the church. They can hear over two dozen men and kobolds near the front working on a battling ram, while smoke rises from all around the inner compound.

A low wall (only 4-1/2 feet) encircles the building.

[sblock=Map]
MAP_3.jpg[/sblock]

"Let's give this back fence a quick look to see if there are already any openings in it, loose planks. The plan is to get in and convince whoever is still inside that we need to lead them into the keep." Tina says. "Perhaps we help someone nimble over the wall directly behind the church to rally them to the fence ahead of time. Also, we should check that house over there. Make sure we don't get surprised from behind."

Leif

Adventurer
Sebastian Tenpennies, Gnome Illusionist 1 /Assassin 1

Sebastian is not comfortable expressing an opinion about the group's next course of action at this point, so he figures he'll go along to get along. He is ready to move out with the party, and does his best to stake out a position right smack in the middle of the group.

[sblock=Sebastian's Character Sheet]
Name: Sebastian TenPennies
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Race: Gnome
Effective Class: Illusionist/Assassin-1/1
Former Profession: no skill
Height: 3'-7"
Weight: 48#
Eyes: Golden
Hair: White
Surprise: 1 in 6
Movement: 12"
Initiative: +1
AC: 5 (8 base from Leather, -2 from DEX, -1 from Shield)
Hit Points: 05/05
Strength:
Intelligence:
Wisdom:
Dexterity:
Constitution:
Charisma:
Comeliness:
Weight Allowed: +200 Open Door: 1-2 BB/LG: 4%
Additional Languages: special due to race
Magic Saves Adj: none
Reaction/Missile Adj: +1 AC Bonus: -2
HP Adj: +1 System Shock Survival: 91% Resurrection Survival: 94%
Max # Henchmen: 4 Loyalty Adj: normal Reaction Adj: normal
SAVING
THROWS

Illusionist-1
Paralyzation, Poison
& Death Magic

Petrification
& Polymorph

Rod, Staff
& Wand

Breath
Weapon

Spells

Armor Class
Assassin-1

Weapon

Scimitar
Dagger
Lasso
To Hit
Bonus

+0
+0
+1
Damage Vs
Small/Medium

1d8
1d4
none
Damage
Vs Large

1d8
1d3
none
Range
S/M/L

none
1/2/3
1/2/3
Attacks
per Round

1/1
1/1
1/2
Features
Languages Spoken: Common, Gnome, Goblin, Dwarf, Kobold, Halfling, Hobgoblin, Elf, may speak with small burrowing mammals
Illusionist/Assassin
Level: 1/1 XP Earned: (I)330/2,250-(A)250/1,500 XP Bonus: +10% (Illusionist only)
# of Weapon Proficiencies: 3; Non-Proficiency Penalty: -2; Next Proficiency: Assassin Level 5
Weapon Proficiencies: scimitar, dagger, lasso​

Spells Prepared
Level One: Phantasmal Force

Equipment
Leather
Shield, small wooden
Scimitar
Dagger w/scabbard
Lasso (x2)
Gloves of Magic Missiles
boots, low hard
pouch, belt small
2 doses Assassin's Blood (Type A poison)
backpack
traveling spellbook (belonged to Sebastian's brother)
1st: read illusionist magic, phantasmal force, audible glamer, detect illusion
2nd: invisibility, alter self, detect magic
3rd: paralyzation, suggestion, fear
candles, wax (x5)
flint&steel
rations, iron (1 week)
waterskin
bedroll

Treasure:
GP: 13
SP: 00
CP: 00

History
Sebastian Tenpennies and his family were members of the Cult of the Dragon, until our rivals in the cult arranged to wipe all of us out. Attacked during a magical experiment, all of my family was slaughtered and I alone survived, but the Cult of the Dragon believes me to be dead also. Although I survived, I was changed and scarred by the magical backlash, and I want revenge! My hit list consists of three names: a human cultist named Frulam Mondath, a half-orc named Bog Luck, and a half-dragon named Rezmir. I have now infiltrated a small group of cultists, who linked up with the main assault force set to attack Greenest.

View attachment 97224
[/sblock]

TallIan

Explorer
William

This shirt wall shouldn't prove to be a huge problem, What might be an issue is any archers on the the side waiting to skewer anyone who sticks their head over the top. Filmark, do you have anything that easily identifies us as from Lord Nightal?

"I don't know if we have anything identifiable beyond the livery of Filmark's uniform," Tina says. "Someone go over the wall and tell the people in the church we are here to rescue them. I am sure they will gladly follow as there are 50 brigands attempting to destroy their gate. I'm going to start removing these fence slats so the civilians don't have to climb the wall."

OOC: Assuming the fence is made up of posts every 8-10 feet with horizontal boards between posts and then vertical boards nailed to the horizontal boards, Tina will start removing two+ vertical boards (directly opposite the gate to church grounds so the church building hides it) as many needed for an adult to crawl out easily. She's trying to peel them away from the lower horizontal while leaving them attached (if loosely) at the top so that when finished they can be swung back in place. She will explain this to anyone who asks why she doesn't just remove the board completely.

Khraos

First Post
"Absolutelu. I will scale the wall myself and greet them. It's quite possible I will find folk I know, and if not, my regalia will persuade them."

Filmark stows his weapons and moves down the wall a little ways from Tina so as to not draw all attention to one place. He then attempts to scale the wall.

OOC: I don't know the 1E rules for climb. Do I just roll a d20?

hero4hire

Explorer
Tyrial keeps an eye out while the others focus on the fence. He was unaccustomed to working with such a variety of people and it seemed support was a good position to take...for now.

EarlyBird

Explorer
The low (only 4'- 4-1/2' high) wooden wall is made well, but Tina finds a spot she can work at to make an escape hole. Peering over the edge the group sees the church engulfed in smoke as a half dozen tiny brush fires burn in the once green garden. The building itself looks intact, but the cultist near the front are busy at work to correct that, as they work on a large battering ram.

At the rear a small group of mauraders can be seen in the din of the smoky fog, by their size they mostly seemed comprised of kobolds, but you see one or two human cultist.

Finally a large group of kobolds patrol the building leading a strange creature on an iron chain. Watching it seems they are moving slowly, on their curcuit, as the large creature drags its two handlers whereever it wishes to go and they have to pull and tug to get it to move along when it finds something interesting.

ambush-drake.png

OOC:
HP update
Rumdum 2/4 hp
William 6/7 hp
Tina 7/9 hp
Tyrial 9/9 hp
Sebastian 6/6 hp
Filmark 7/7 hp

OOC: Sorry for the slow update. Rain seems to slow down the wood treatment process, but not the customer ordering process. Catching up on threads today, I hope.

Remove ads