EB's Adventuring in the Days of Yore - Tyranny of Dragons - IC

EarlyBird

Explorer
OOC: Keep up the grand RP, I just want to mention something small.

While moving the bodies the group uncovers two large sacks filled with looted items and loose coins. This is the second time the group encounter cultist with stolen treasure from the homes of Greenest.

OOC: Total of 110gp (already figured into XP) of plates, silverware, picture frames, candlesticks, snuff boxes, and other odds and ends.

Leif

Adventurer
Sebastian Tenpennies, Gnome Ill 1 / Ass 1

"Greetings Tina and Filmark. I am called Sebastian Tenpennies, but you can call me Sebbi or Basher if you prefer. All I ask is that you do not call me 'sea bass.' I'm an ugly gnome and I'm already really p*ssed about it. I haven't always looked this way, but I was scarred and deformed when the Cult of the Dragon attacked my family, and I alone survived. Ugly and alive beats cute and dead any day. I mean to have my vengeance for the attack at the proper time when circumstances are favorable, but in the meantime it would seem to be mutually profitable for us to combine our efforts, provided that we can come to an understanding about the sharing of any spoils that we find. I'm not overly fond of most churches, they usually leave me feeling like I don't measure up somehow, and I don't care for that. Still, a job is a job and I have no more pressing business at the moment."

[sblock=Sebastian's Character Sheet]
Name: Sebastian TenPennies
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Race: Gnome
Effective Class: Illusionist/Assassin-1/1
Former Profession: no skill
Height: 3'-7"
Weight: 48#
Eyes: Golden
Hair: White
Surprise: 1 in 6
Movement: 12"
Initiative: +1
AC: 5 (8 base from Leather, -2 from DEX, -1 from Shield)
Hit Points: 05/05
Strength:
Intelligence:
Wisdom:
Dexterity:
Constitution:
Charisma:
Comeliness:
Weight Allowed: +200 Open Door: 1-2 BB/LG: 4%
Additional Languages: special due to race
Magic Saves Adj: none
Reaction/Missile Adj: +1 AC Bonus: -2
HP Adj: +1 System Shock Survival: 91% Resurrection Survival: 94%
Max # Henchmen: 4 Loyalty Adj: normal Reaction Adj: normal
SAVING
THROWS

Illusionist-1
Paralyzation, Poison
& Death Magic

Petrification
& Polymorph

Rod, Staff
& Wand

Breath
Weapon

Spells

Armor Class
Assassin-1

Weapon

Scimitar
Dagger
Lasso
To Hit
Bonus

+0
+0
+1
Damage Vs
Small/Medium

1d8
1d4
none
Damage
Vs Large

1d8
1d3
none
Range
S/M/L

none
1/2/3
1/2/3
Attacks
per Round

1/1
1/1
1/2
Features
Languages Spoken: Common, Gnome, Goblin, Dwarf, Kobold, Halfling, Hobgoblin, Elf, may speak with small burrowing mammals
Illusionist/Assassin
Level: 1/1 XP Earned: (I)330/2,250-(A)250/1,500 XP Bonus: +10% (Illusionist only)
# of Weapon Proficiencies: 3; Non-Proficiency Penalty: -2; Next Proficiency: Assassin Level 5
Weapon Proficiencies: scimitar, dagger, lasso​

Equipment
Leather
Shield, small wooden
Scimitar
Dagger w/scabbard
Lasso (x2)
Gloves of Magic Missiles
boots, low hard
pouch, belt small
2 doses Assassin's Blood (Type A poison)
backpack
traveling spellbook (belonged to Sebastian's brother)
1st: read illusionist magic, phantasmal force, audible glamer, detect illusion
2nd: invisibility, alter self, detect magic
3rd: paralyzation, suggestion, fear
candles, wax (x5)
flint&steel
rations, iron (1 week)
waterskin
bedroll

Treasure:
GP: 13
SP: 00
CP: 00

History
Sebastian Tenpennies and his family were members of the Cult of the Dragon, until our rivals in the cult arranged to wipe all of us out. Attacked during a magical experiment, all of my family was slaughtered and I alone survived, but the Cult of the Dragon believes me to be dead also. Although I survived, I was changed and scarred by the magical backlash, and I want revenge! My hit list consists of three names: a human cultist named Frulam Mondath, a half-orc named Bog Luck, and a half-dragon named Rezmir. I have now infiltrated a small group of cultists, who linked up with the main assault force set to attack Greenest.

View attachment 97224
[/sblock]

Last edited:

"Techincally we are working for the lord of the keep," Tina replies. "I doubt he will be happy with us keeping loot taken from his people." She picks up the sacks. "We will return these to the keep. I'm thinking an honest showing will get us a handsome reward in the end."

"Those attacking are Cult of the Dragon so you vengeance will continue if you fight the invaders," she heads downstream, "Less standing around, let's keep moving."

TallIan

Explorer
William

William frowns at Tina's words, "We are working for the Lord of the keep, but the law gives the spoils of war and loot stolen to bandits to those who take them." As he stashes the sacks close to the secret tunnel entrance. "You're right though, Lord Nighthall might appreciate the gesture and reward us with something more useful. I doubt we'll be able to sell any of this close by and I don't really want to carry someone else's just halfway across the country."

"I'd also be worried about finding out the necklace I'm selling belong to the man's aunt who died in the invasion," Tina jokes. "My luck seems to run that way."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Rumdum tells Sebastian, "Glad to have you aboard." Sticking a thumb towards himself, he says, "I'm the group's scout, Rumdum. Things are pretty hairy out here, so I would definitely be happy to have you join us."

Leif

Adventurer
Sebastian Tenpennies, Gnome Ill 1 / Ass 1

"Pleased to meet you, Rumdum!"

[sblock=Sebastian's Character Sheet]
Name: Sebastian TenPennies
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Race: Gnome
Effective Class: Illusionist/Assassin-1/1
Former Profession: no skill
Height: 3'-7"
Weight: 48#
Eyes: Golden
Hair: White
Surprise: 1 in 6
Movement: 12"
Initiative: +1
AC: 5 (8 base from Leather, -2 from DEX, -1 from Shield)
Hit Points: 05/05
Strength:
Intelligence:
Wisdom:
Dexterity:
Constitution:
Charisma:
Comeliness:
Weight Allowed: +200 Open Door: 1-2 BB/LG: 4%
Additional Languages: special due to race
Magic Saves Adj: none
Reaction/Missile Adj: +1 AC Bonus: -2
HP Adj: +1 System Shock Survival: 91% Resurrection Survival: 94%
Max # Henchmen: 4 Loyalty Adj: normal Reaction Adj: normal
SAVING
THROWS

Illusionist-1
Paralyzation, Poison
& Death Magic

Petrification
& Polymorph

Rod, Staff
& Wand

Breath
Weapon

Spells

Armor Class
Assassin-1

Weapon

Scimitar
Dagger
Lasso
To Hit
Bonus

+0
+0
+1
Damage Vs
Small/Medium

1d8
1d4
none
Damage
Vs Large

1d8
1d3
none
Range
S/M/L

none
1/2/3
1/2/3
Attacks
per Round

1/1
1/1
1/2
Features
Languages Spoken: Common, Gnome, Goblin, Dwarf, Kobold, Halfling, Hobgoblin, Elf, may speak with small burrowing mammals
Illusionist/Assassin
Level: 1/1 XP Earned: (I)330/2,250-(A)250/1,500 XP Bonus: +10% (Illusionist only)
# of Weapon Proficiencies: 3; Non-Proficiency Penalty: -2; Next Proficiency: Assassin Level 5
Weapon Proficiencies: scimitar, dagger, lasso​

Equipment
Leather
Shield, small wooden
Scimitar
Dagger w/scabbard
Lasso (x2)
Gloves of Magic Missiles
boots, low hard
pouch, belt small
2 doses Assassin's Blood (Type A poison)
backpack
traveling spellbook (belonged to Sebastian's brother)
1st: read illusionist magic, phantasmal force, audible glamer, detect illusion
2nd: invisibility, alter self, detect magic
3rd: paralyzation, suggestion, fear
candles, wax (x5)
flint&steel
rations, iron (1 week)
waterskin
bedroll

Treasure:
GP: 13
SP: 00
CP: 00

History
Sebastian Tenpennies and his family were members of the Cult of the Dragon, until our rivals in the cult arranged to wipe all of us out. Attacked during a magical experiment, all of my family was slaughtered and I alone survived, but the Cult of the Dragon believes me to be dead also. Although I survived, I was changed and scarred by the magical backlash, and I want revenge! My hit list consists of three names: a human cultist named Frulam Mondath, a half-orc named Bog Luck, and a half-dragon named Rezmir. I have now infiltrated a small group of cultists, who linked up with the main assault force set to attack Greenest.

View attachment 97224
[/sblock]

Khraos

First Post
Filmark chimes in as they discuss loot. "Lord Nighthill is a very reasonable man. You may be right about a reward. Specially if we complete this quest succesfully. Perhaps we should head toward the church before more enemies arrive."

Remove ads