D&D 5E EB's Curse of Strahd IC (Year One)

industrygothica

Adventurer
Halo purposefully ignores the three women to the point of being blatantly obvious about it while standing from the bar. "I'll join ye, if it's all the same. Halorafin Hallowforge, at yer service." Halo offers a thick, muscled, yet still feminine hand before she takes a seat.

"We're indeed travellers," she continues. "Albeit not of our own volition. Seems this land is... different." While the last was a statement, her inflection implies a question, hoping to lead the man into a conversation about just what in the Nine Hells is going on here.

hero4hire

Explorer
Digger eyed the trio of women dangerously. "You answer questions with questions...Questions that you seem to already know the answers to. This time answer plainly. Why have we been brought here by your kin?"

Sent from my [device_name] using EN World mobile app

EarlyBird

Explorer
Ismark stands and takes Halo's offered hand.

Cos_Ismark.jpg"Ismark Kolyanvich, at your service." he says before waiting for the dwarf to take her seat, before sitting back down. Noticing Irena has no drink he waves the barkeep to bring her a glass of wine. "You must mean the Mist that surrounds these lands. If not for them this land would be like any other sleepy valley found everywhere else."

He nods a thank you as the barkeep sits a clean glass of dark wine in front of Irena, the man ignores the gesture and heads back to cleaning glasses. "Anyone who attempts to leave the land of Barovia begins to choke on the fog. Those who don't turn back perish. It allows plenty of people in, but no one is allowed out. That is no one except the Vistani," he adds with a look to the three women talking to Digger.

The women all gwaff and try to hold in their laughter, to little effect, at the Blood Hunter's words. Finally the eldest wipes a tear from her eye and tries to answer. "Mistress Eva did not bring you here. You and your friends are all invited guest of 'The Devil Strahd'."

"Guest for dinner," one of the other women says through laughter and tears of her own.

"What did Eva say to you? Did she read for you? Surely she has let you in on how to escape your fate." The third asked a bit puzzled. "The game would not be much fun otherwise."

EarlyBird

Explorer
HAHAHAHA,

It was Ismarks' turn to laugh. "Surely you don't mean Barovia?" he says with mirth. "I am sure you have seen grander pigsties on the poorest of farms where you are from." His shoulders shake a bit at the supposed jest.

The three women all turn to look at Ismark, their mouths tight, and their eyes disproving.

EarlyBird

Explorer
Ismark looks over at Digger and Joisah. "So the four of you are traveling together? And with a child also, that is dangerous." he says while toying with his half empty glass. "As it so happens I am looking to travel myself. It is no longer save her for me and my sister, but I worried that the two of us alone would not fair well. If you and your friends are willing I would like for you all to travel with us to Vallaki. It would make for a safer journey for all."

EarlyBird

Explorer
"Well for one it is walled and gated," Ismark remarks truthfully. "And that helps to keep monsters from your doorstep. And two it is in the heart of the valley and beyond the view of The Castle."

OOC:
Insight DC 0 - telling the truth
And everyone can "hear" the capitals in the title of The Castle

Remove ads