log in or register to remove this ad

 

5E EB's Curse of Strahd IC (Year One)


log in or register to remove this ad

hero4hire

First Post
Digger again wounded his own hand with a clenched fist, and again the crimson blood flowing down the shaft of his spade burst into flames. This time however the wreath of fire turned a silvery white in hue.

Ooc:
Bonus action: crimson rite
Ready an attack action
 

EarlyBird

First Post
worg.jpg

The wolves howl and close in, starting to encircle the group. Then a few leap out of the trees and an explosion of gunfire echoes throughout the mountain road striking one causing it to whimper in pain. The wolves slow and you see shadows in the trees stalking you.

Growling the wolves start to close in.

[sblock=Combat]
Digger AC:16, HP: 22/22*, crimson rite (fire)
Irena AC:15, HP: 24/24
Halo AC:18, HP: 27/27
Joisah AC:14, HP 21/21
Ireena AC:15, HP: 9/9

* max HP normally 25

Wolf Pack: all are AC:13
1) 11/11
2) 11/11
3) 11/11
4) 11/11
5) 11/11
6) 02/11
7) 11/11
8) 11/11
9) 11/11
10) 11/11
11) 11/11
12) 11/11

12 wolves[/sblock]
[sblock=Map]
wolves_1.jpg[/sblock]

OOC: Wolves moved into position. Group is up.
 



EarlyBird

First Post
*boom*

The pistol cracks and Tilly covers her ears. "No girl!" Ireena screams moving over. "Get up on the rocks, stay out of reach." The woman helps the young girl scamper to the top of the large stones nearby.

Irena puts her back to Halo's and readies a dagger. The blade held high she looks over her shoulder and says to the cleric, "There are way to many, don't let them surround us, or they'll probably pull us down."

Josiah kills one of the wolves and the others lop forward quickly.

[sblock=OOC]
Going to make some rolls and add in what happens after Halo's takes her pre-turn.

[roll0] Irena Insight
[roll1] vs wolf CHA
[roll2] Irena ready attack
[roll3] Tilly Athletics
[roll4] advantage from Ireena

And @tglassy You only had time to modify one of the two pistols. It takes 24 hours to modify a weapon and you have only been a Gunsmith for about 13 hours. [/sblock]
 

industrygothica

Adventurer
Halo calls on the forge again, bringing a sacred flame down onto one of the wolves.

OOC: No movement. Action: Sacred flame vs. Wolf 11 (Dex save DC 12) or 4 radiant damage.
 

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: Right. Keep forgetting. We’ll go with snub nose, then. 5 foot knock back on a hit, and can only shoot the short range on the gun, so 60 ft.
 

EarlyBird

First Post
The wolves attack as one pack and surround the small groups of the party. Their savagery is evident in their attacks and the way they help each other sneak in a bite hear and there until they bring down their prey.

Irena launches a dagger at one of the wolves who nimbly avoids the weapon. Halo's glow lights up the area due to the gray cloud cover. [roll0] <insert effect here>

Then suddenly the wolves are everywhere and members of the group try thier best to cover themselves from the multitude of attacks.

"Aieeee!" Ireena screams and falls as wolves tear into her back as she boosts Tilly up on the rocks.

"Ergh!" A grunt from Digger calls your attention to the large man and you see him being pulled down in a sea of furry bodies, the Silver Spade glowing red and still swinging.

No one is left unbloodied by the beast as Irena, Joisah, and Halo all are bit by the long sharp fangs of the pack.

[sblock=Combat]
Digger AC:16, HP: 03/22*, crimson rite (fire)
Irena AC:15, HP: 10/24
Halo AC:18, HP: 07/27
Joisah AC:14, HP 13/21
Ireena AC:15, HP: 0/9, death saves 0/3 success; 0/3 failure

* max HP normally 25

Wolf Pack: all are AC:13
1) 11/11
2) 11/11
3) 11/11
4) 11/11
5) 11/11
6) 00/11, dead
7) 11/11
8) 11/11
9) 11/11
10) 11/11
11) 11/11
12) 11/11
[/sblock]
[sblock=Rolls]
1: vs Halo
2: vs Halo
hit
for 6
crit for 9 +5
20dmg
3: vs Irena
4: vs Irena
hit
for 6 and 8
14 dmg
5: vs Joisah
hit
for 8
8 dmg
6: dead
7: vs Ireena
8: vs Ireena
parried one, crit on second
crit for 5 +4
unconsious
9: vs Digger
10: vs Digger
11: vs Digger
Screwed up forgot the dodge sop canceled their advantage
hit
for 6
for 7
for 6
+4 NO crit
20 dmg
12: Dash[/sblock]
[sblock=Map]
wolves_2.jpg[/sblock]
 

tglassy

Adventurer
Josiah curses as the fangs bite deep, but he sends another shot their way with his snubnosed pistol, hoping to put down another wolf (#5)

[roll0]
[roll1]

Josiah stepped back once the wolf was blown back, taking cover from behind the rock.
 
Last edited:

hero4hire

First Post
Digger overwhelmed tried to fight to his last breath and took a wild swing, but the wolves proved too canny and backed away from the spade's deadly arc before jumping back in.

OOC: Missed
 



EarlyBird

First Post
*BOOM*

The snubnosed pistol gives a thunderous sound as it strikes a wolf in the flank driving it back. The beast growls and shakes its whole body to try and shrug off the pain. It notices one of its pack dragging the unconscious form of Ireena away from the fight and choices to go after the easier prey.

The remaining wolf bears down on Joisah as he brings the pistol around biting the gunslingers forearm before the man can pull it away in a bloody mess. "Papa!!" Tilly screams in fear.

As if the fight for their lives wasn't enough the wind starts to pick up and dark thunderheads start to swirl above the group. A thin bolt of lightning streaks the sky and the mass of black clouds look like they could form into a tornado at the drop of a hat.

Not distracted by the weather Halo fends off the creatures as they move to surround her and Digger. She uses her magic to try and keep the Blood Hunter in the fight, but it is weak compared to the mauling the wolves turn on the man. She watches in horror as he is dragged down by most of the pack, as if he were a large bear being hunted down.

Irena flees the fight for the safety of some trees and is pursued by a couple hungry beast. They come at her from to many sides and the even with the foliage as cover she is bitten hard on the leg and falls. The second wolf jumping on her back, the wiegh they last thing she feels before falling into blackness.

[sblock=Combat]
Digger AC:16, HP: 00/25, death saves; 0/3 success; 0/3 failure
Irena AC:15(17 w/cover), HP: 00/24, death saves; 0/3 success; 1/3 failure
Halo AC:18, HP: 07/27
Joisah AC:14, HP 04/21
Ireena AC:15, HP: 0/9, death saves 0/3 success; 1/3 failure, [roll0]

Wolf Pack: all are AC:13
1) 00/11, dead
2) 11/11
3) 11/11
4) 11/11
5) 05/11
6) 00/11, dead
7) 11/11
8) 11/11
9) 11/11
10) 11/11
11) 11/11
12) 11/11
[/sblock]
[sblock=Rolls]
1: dead
2: vs Halo
missed
3: vs Irena (has cover)
4: vs Irena (has cover)
Hit & Crit
crit dmg 8+ [roll1]
second attack did 1 death save failure
5: fighting over Ireena
6: dead
7: vs Joisah
Hit
dmg 9 NOTE: not w/advantage took first roll
8: dragging off Ireena for dinner
9: vs Digger
10: vs Digger
11: vs Digger
hit twice
dmg = 12
12: vs Halo
missed see above url
[/sblock]
[sblock=Map]
wolves_3.jpg[/sblock]
 


tglassy

Adventurer
Josiah Grits his teeth, shoves the pistol into the beasts mouth and fires.

OOC: I haven’t used my Grit today. Using it now.

[roll0]
[roll1]


The wolf’s head explodes. Josiah draws his other gun, and tosses it to Tilly. His other arm was too hurt to wield it well.

“If they get close, just point and pull the trigger.”
 
Last edited:


industrygothica

Adventurer
"No!" Halo shouts. "Yer not gettin' her without a fight!" She swings her axe hard at one of the creatures attempting to drag Ireena off into the woods.

OOC: Reaction: opportunity attack on wolf 3 hits AC 23 for 7 damage.
OA vs. Wolf 3: 1D20+6 = [17]+6 = 23; 1D8+4 = [3]+4 = 7


"Moradin!" she cries. "I'm comin' home, but I'm bringin' some wolves with me!" She swings her axe one more time with reckless abandon at one of the adjacent wolves.

OOC: Action: Melee attack vs. wolf 12 CRITS for 16 damage!
Greataxe vs. Wolf 12: 1D20+6 = [20]+6 = 26; 1D8+4 = [6]+4 = 10
crit: 1D8 = [6] = 6


As if in answer to her prayer, a soft glowing light surrounds Halo, and she feels the heat of Moradin's forge comfort her.

OOC: Bonus action: Cast sanctuary on herself.


Feeling safer within Moradin's embrace, Halo b-lines for the unconscious Ireena, determined not to let these wolves drag her off to that infernal creature of the night.

OOC: Move 20 ft. to O13





Code:
[B]AC:[/B] 18; [B]HP:[/B] [COLOR=#FF000]7[/COLOR]/27
[B]Initiative:[/B] +0
[B]Saves:[/B] WIS +4, CHA +1
[B]Passive Perception:[/B] 12
[B]Languages:[/B] Dwarf, Common, Elf
Darkvision 60 ft.
[B]Skills:[/B] History +2, Insight +4, Medicine +4, Religion +2
[B]Stats:[/B] Str 16 (+3), Dex 10 (+0) , Con 16 (+3), Int 10 (+0), Wis 15 (+2), Cha 8 (-1)

-[B]Inspiration[/B]? [ ] Yes, [[COLOR=#FF0000]X[/COLOR]] No
-[B]Channel Divinity (2 uses per short or long rest)[/B]? 1.[ ] 2.[ ]
-[B]Blessing of the Forge[/B] used? [ ] Yes, [[COLOR=#FF0000]X[/COLOR]] No

[B]Spell Slots:[/B] 3, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
[B]Slots Used:[/B]  2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
[B]Spells Prepared:[/B] (6)
[LIST]
[*][B]Cantrips:[/B] Guidance, Light, Sacred Flame
[*][B]Domain Spells:[/B] Identify (*), Searing Smite
[*][B]1st Level:[/B] Bless (*), Cure Wounds (*), Healing Word (*), Sanctuary
[*][B]2nd Level:]/B] Prayer of Healing (*)
[/LIST]
(*) can be cast at higher levels

[B]Money:[/B]67gp 0sp 0cp

[URL="http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?592543-EB-s-Curse-of-Strahd-RG-(group-2017-2018)&p=7261299&viewfull=1#post7261299"]Full character sheet[/URL]
 
Last edited:

EarlyBird

First Post
The battle rages as the wind picks up. Joisah thrusts a pistol into his daughter's hand and she takes it shaking and whimpering. Halo fills the safe embrace of her god and moves to help Irena.

As they both move they see the swirling black mass they thought were forming clouds tornadoes down to the road, but it isn't clouds, it is a swarm of bats. Thousands of bats swirl around the group for a quick moment. They move to buffer the wolves trying to drag off Ireena, and as the wolves try and get back to their dinner the form of a man emerges from the swarm. "NO!" he commands before stooping down to pick up the fallen woman.

Sorin_Strahd.jpg

Time slows down and Halo watches as the handsome well dressed man turns his gaze on her. He looks determined, and grim. She notices a slight concern for the woman he carries. "Finish them off!" he commands the wolves.

Joisah and Halo are assaulted and brought down as the strange man watches.

[sblock=Combat]
Digger AC:16, HP: 00/25, death saves; 0/3 success; 1/3 failure
Irena AC:15, HP: 00/24, death saves; 0/3 success; 2/3 failure [roll0]
Halo AC:18, HP: 00/27, death saves; 0/3 success; 0/3 failure
Joisah AC:14, HP 00/21, death saves; 0/3 success; 0/3 failure
Ireena AC:15, HP: 0/9, death saves 1/3 success; 1/3 failure, [roll1]

Wolf Pack: all are AC:13
1) 00/11, dead
2) 11/11 WIS save - success
3) 04/11 WIS save - success
4) 11/11 WIS save - success
5) 05/11 WIS save - failed
6) 00/11, dead
7) 00/11, dead
8) 11/11 WIS save - success
9) 11/11 WIS save - success
10) 11/11 WIS save - success
11) 11/11 WIS save - success
12) 11/11 WIS save - failed
WIS saves

vs Halo
Oppurtunity Attack
missed

attacks vs Joisah
Wolf attacks
hit for 9+dmg
attacks vs Halo
Wolf attacks
hit for 8+dmg
1: dead
2: vs Joisah
3: vs Halo
4: vs Halo
5: vs Joisah
6: dead
7: dead
8: trying (and failing) to get at Tilly
9: vs Halo
10: vs Joisah
11: vs Halo
12: vs Joisah[/sblock]
[sblock=Map]
wolves_4.jpg[/sblock]

OOC: Every post like we are in combat, I have a few things planned.
All you need do is roll your death save, if you roll a 20 you are up and at 1hp, so you could save the others.
 
Last edited:


Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top