log in or register to remove this ad

 

5E EB's Curse of Strahd IC (Year One)

EarlyBird

First Post
OOC: So to advance I need to know what the party wants to do now.

A few options...
- camp out for the evening (about 2-1/2 hours till dark)
- make for the village of Vallaki, it is suppose to be walled and secured
- track the man who took Ireena, try and get her back
- return to Barovia, and tell Ismark what has happened
 

log in or register to remove this ad


EarlyBird

First Post
OOC: Vallaki may be a 1/2 hour closer, but that is moving at a normal pace. You could move back the way you came at a fast pace knowing there aren't many dangers. Plus there is the short cut, the group didn't take.
 

industrygothica

Adventurer
Halo Halowforge, Daughter of the Anvil (Dwarf Forge-Cleric)

"Our reason fer goin' to this town of Vallaki is gone now," Halo says. "She was in our trust, and we failed. I'll be headin' back to Barovia to make this fiend answer for his crimes."



Code:
[B]AC:[/B] 18; [B]HP:[/B] [COLOR=#FF000]12[/COLOR]/27
[B]Initiative:[/B] +0
[B]Saves:[/B] WIS +4, CHA +1
[B]Passive Perception:[/B] 12
[B]Languages:[/B] Dwarf, Common, Elf
Darkvision 60 ft.
[B]Skills:[/B] History +2, Insight +4, Medicine +4, Religion +2
[B]Stats:[/B] Str 16 (+3), Dex 10 (+0) , Con 16 (+3), Int 10 (+0), Wis 15 (+2), Cha 8 (-1)

-[B]Inspiration[/B]? [ ] Yes, [[COLOR=#FF0000]X[/COLOR]] No
-[B]Channel Divinity (2 uses per short or long rest)[/B]? 1.[ ] 2.[ ]
-[B]Blessing of the Forge[/B] used? [ ] Yes, [[COLOR=#FF0000]X[/COLOR]] No

[B]Spell Slots:[/B] 3, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
[B]Slots Used:[/B]  2, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
[B]Spells Prepared:[/B] (6)
[LIST]
[*][B]Cantrips:[/B] Guidance, Light, Sacred Flame
[*][B]Domain Spells:[/B] Identify (*), Searing Smite
[*][B]1st Level:[/B] Bless (*), Cure Wounds (*), Healing Word (*), Sanctuary
[*][B]2nd Level:]/B] Prayer of Healing (*)
[/LIST]
(*) can be cast at higher levels

[B]Money:[/B]67gp 0sp 0cp

[URL="http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?592543-EB-s-Curse-of-Strahd-RG-(group-2017-2018)&p=7261299&viewfull=1#post7261299"]Full character sheet[/URL]
 

EarlyBird

First Post
OOC: Follow the road or take the trail/short cut?


map_1.jpg
 






EarlyBird

First Post
vistani.jpg

The path gradually widens and is replaced by a twisted, muddy path through the trees. Deep ruts in the earth are evidence of the comings and goings of wagons. The canopy of mist and branches suddenly gives way to black clouds boiling far above. There is a clearing here, next to a river that widens to form a small lake several hundred feet across. Five colorful round tents, each ten feet in diameter, are pitched outside a ring of four barrel- topped wagons. A much larger tent stands near the shore of the lake, its sagging form lit from within. Near this tent, eight unbridled horses drink from the river. The mournful strains of an accordion clash with the
singing of several brightly clad figures around bonfire.

The singing is also accompanied by the joyful high pitched whistle of a flute, played by a handsome blue-skinned tiefling. As the tired and bloodied group approaches a few of the dancing men and women smile and bring their dancing and singing to encircle you. One offers Digger a flask of wine and says, "Smile friend you are alive, and the night is young!"

OOC: All these tents and wagons seem familiar, and a good look at the larger tent tells you that it is the same one you entered during the Feast of Fools.
 

industrygothica

Adventurer
Halo stops for a moment, the lithe, wriggling form of one of the dancing gypsies catching her eye. Then she notices the largest tent, and its familiarity punches her in the gut. "That gypsy bitch!" she growls, and then stomps off toward the tent with malicious ideas swarming through her head.




Code:
[B]AC:[/B] 18; [B]HP:[/B] [COLOR=#FF000]12[/COLOR]/27
[B]Initiative:[/B] +0
[B]Saves:[/B] WIS +4, CHA +1
[B]Passive Perception:[/B] 12
[B]Languages:[/B] Dwarf, Common, Elf
Darkvision 60 ft.
[B]Skills:[/B] History +2, Insight +4, Medicine +4, Religion +2
[B]Stats:[/B] Str 16 (+3), Dex 10 (+0) , Con 16 (+3), Int 10 (+0), Wis 15 (+2), Cha 8 (-1)

-[B]Inspiration[/B]? [ ] Yes, [[COLOR=#FF0000]X[/COLOR]] No
-[B]Channel Divinity (2 uses per short or long rest)[/B]? 1.[ ] 2.[ ]
-[B]Blessing of the Forge[/B] used? [ ] Yes, [[COLOR=#FF0000]X[/COLOR]] No

[B]Spell Slots:[/B] 3, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
[B]Slots Used:[/B]  2, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
[B]Spells Prepared:[/B] (6)
[LIST]
[*][B]Cantrips:[/B] Guidance, Light, Sacred Flame
[*][B]Domain Spells:[/B] Identify (*), Searing Smite
[*][B]1st Level:[/B] Bless (*), Cure Wounds (*), Healing Word (*), Sanctuary
[*][B]2nd Level:]/B] Prayer of Healing (*)
[/LIST]
(*) can be cast at higher levels

[B]Money:[/B]67gp 0sp 0cp

[URL="http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?592543-EB-s-Curse-of-Strahd-RG-(group-2017-2018)&p=7261299&viewfull=1#post7261299"]Full character sheet[/URL]
 



EarlyBird

First Post
"How rude," the thin man says as he tsk'ed at the spilled wine. "And what a waste."

As the group approaches the tent a trio of armed men stand before them. "Stop there Mistwalkers. You must be announced before you can be granted an audience with Madam Eva."

Another (with his hand on his hilt), adds. "And you cannot be armed."

OOC: Might need your help [MENTION=5044]Charwoman Gene[/MENTION] or at least Wagner's to diffusion the upcoming situation as this is a very low CHA group.
 

tglassy

Adventurer
Josiah raised his pistol at the man, pointing between his eyes.

“Never a good idea to bring a sword to a gunfight, friend. I’d remove your hand from your weapon, before I remove your eye from your head.”
 


industrygothica

Adventurer
"The old woman already knows we're here," Halo growls. "We only want some answers. I wasn't plannin' on usin' me axe, but I won't be just handin' it over to ye either."
 


EarlyBird

First Post
The man doesn't back down from the gunslinger. Josiah believing he would die to stop anyone from harming Madam Eva.

As the tiefling speaks his hand relaxes and a crooked grin crosses his face. "I will ask Madam Eva if she will see you, but if she refuses..." he leaves the last hanging as he moves to the tent.

The others Vistani seem to also relax at the tiefling's words.

You wait a few mintues before the swordsman exits the tent in a huff, and holds the flap open. "Please enter at Madam Eva's invitation."

"You also Wagner." he adds curiously.

As you enter you notice that although the location of the tent has changed the inside is just as you remember. The middle-aged gypsy sits on a tasseled cushion just as before, and she nods for you all to be seated if you wish.

"So you have questions?" she asks already knowing the answer.
 

Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top