D&D 5E EB's Curse of Strahd IC (Year One)

EarlyBird

Explorer
*Ba-boom*

Tilly covers her ears as Josiah's shot misses firing blindly through the still settling dust and dirt. Digger moves quickly for a man of his size and cuts the spawn hard, but its dense skin and muscle act almost like hardened steel. Ireena gives Ismark and shove yelling "Come on we need to help!"

The siblings move over to the growing melee, slowed by the debris and clutter but manage to make it. Ismark helps Irena with the old priest taking some of the weight off of her and freeing her to help Digger and Ireena. The vampire spawn goes crazy as he sees the man lifing his father's body and he burst through the two warriors in font of him and lashes out at the Barovian.

Ismark is lucky and barely avoids the long nails of the beast's clawed hands.

[sblock=Combat]
Digger gets AoO.
spawn attacks vs Ismark
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
DC 13 escape hold

AoO
[roll3]
[roll4][/sblock]

OOC:
spawn AC 15, dmg taken = 9
Irena and Halo to finish the round.

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
Moradin, be with me, Halo whispers as she calls down a column of radiant light upon the creature.

OOC: Sacred flame, Dex DC 12 or take [roll]1d8[/roll] radiant damage. Man, I really need to boost my Wisdom. That save DC is terrible.

Also, Halo will invoke Blessing of the Forge on her battleaxe, essentially making it a +1 weapon until after a long rest.

EarlyBird

Explorer
OOC: DEX save [roll0]

Halo's light seems feeble but it scares the undead spawn as if it were dragonfire. It howls and knocks Irena's rapier aside and tries to catch the nimble rogue to no avail. Growling as Digger again slams the Silver Spade into the side of the creature he turns his attention on the biggest threat, in the room.

The big man watches in horror as the cut and burn marks from his attack start to fade away. The awe and revelation give the spawn an opening into the gravedigger's defense and it lashes out madly. Luckily he deflects one of the clawed hands and is only scratched a bit.

OOC: atk Digger [roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
spawn AC 15 damage taken 7
Digger knows that it can't regenerate from radiant damage or holy water.
Digger HP 12/18

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
"Bah.." Halo grunts as the vampire dodges her spell. Understanding the big man's word, she tries again.

OOC: Sacred flame again, Dex DC 12 or [roll0] radiant damage.

EarlyBird

Explorer
"What do you think you know of me! You dirty vagabond!" the spawn spits out as he and Digger stalk each other.

OOC: Thought this was the OOC thread. Opps

OOC: DEX save [roll0], please roll a d20 anytime you cast Sacred Flame or a spell that requires a save it will save some time, and allow me to write up the post before hand. I'll add in the modifiers to your roll.

@tglassy and @Charwoman Gene going to try and move this round forward tomorrow night, please post an action if you have a free sec.

Last edited:

Remove ads