log in or register to remove this ad

 

5E EB's One Shot - Irongrad (IC)

KahlessNestor

Adventurer


Eastern Cormyr/Irongard
Afternoon
Round 0

”The lid has been moved recently. Best to check inside,” Ssz’irac said, gesturing to the sarcophogus.

Zuleyka glanced over at the coffin and nodded. She looked back to see Ssz’irac fumbling with the lock on the chest and rolled her eyes. Incompetent males! What were they good for? Her silver eyes ran over Ssz’irac’s posterior. Okay, there was one thing they were good for…

Lolth! It really had been too long!

Remarkably, Ssz’irac got the chest open. There was a pop of magic and three bat-like creatures with sharp proboscises fluttered out. One stabbed Ssz’irac in the arm and held on, while the other two went for the ceiling.

“Lolth damn it!” Zuleyka cried out as Ssz’irac went down. “Now what is that?” Such strange creatures they had on the surface!

It didn’t matter what it was. Fire killed most things. Zuleyka extended her hand toward the two on the ceiling, shooting out a sheet of flames as she wiggled her fingers.

[sblock=Actions]
Nature: 1D20+2 = [5]+2 = 7
Action: Cast Burning Hands. Dex saving throw DC
Burning Hands fire damage: 3D6 = [5, 1, 6] = 12
Move:
Bonus Action:
Reaction: Shield, if needed
Free Object Interaction:
Concentration:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 7/7
AC: 13

Spells: +4, DC 12
Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Fire Bolt, Green Flame Blade, Shocking Grasp
L1 (1/2): Absorb Elements, Burning Hands*, Disguise Self*, Magic Missile, Shield*, Sleep
Arcane Recover (1/LR)*
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
Ornate staff
Magical boots - needs short rest
Scroll: Longstrider
Scroll: Cure Wounds (Bilkar)
[/sblock]
 

log in or register to remove this ad


Greenmtn

Explorer
Bilkar Gnome Druid

Bilkar sees the creatures fly about, the Drow male falling to the ground with this giant mosquito attached to it and at first starts to summon fire... Then decides it's best to not take a chance of cooking the Drow and angering the female.

He instead turns his staff upside down and gets a running start before swinging low trying to knock the creature off. The surprise is obvious on his face when the creatures head pops like a blood filled sack leaving it's straw-like mouth in the Drow, no only attached to it's now lifeless body by what is left of it's crushed head.

Wide eyed at first and then puffing up his chest, with a quick nod "Bilkar did that"

 
Last edited:


tglassy

Adventurer
“Get up, ye dolt,” Al said to the drow laying on the ground. “‘‘Tis only a bug.”

His words compelled the drow to open his eyes and push on.

OOC: Al hadn’t gone to yet. Using a spell Slot to cast Healing Word on the drow. I don’t believe I’ve used them, yet. Heals for [roll0]



Sent from my iPad using EN World
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer


Eastern Cormyr/Irongard
Afternoon
Round 0

Zuleyka watched the crispy fried bloodsuckers fall to the stone floor with a crunch. She took a step toward Ssz’irac, but the dwarf seemed to have it under control.

“Good job, mole man,” the drow told Bilkar before she turned toward the curtained alcove with the partially open sarcophagus. With her sword drawn and one hand crackling with lightning, she carefully approached to peer inside.

[sblock=Actions]
Action: Ready Shocking Grasp for if anything hostile pops out
Move:
Bonus Action:
Reaction: Shield, if needed
Free Object Interaction:
Concentration:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 7/7
AC: 13

Spells: +4, DC 12
Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Fire Bolt, Green Flame Blade, Shocking Grasp
L1 (1/2): Absorb Elements, Burning Hands*, Disguise Self*, Magic Missile, Shield*, Sleep
Arcane Recover (1/LR)*
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
Ornate staff
Magical boots - needs short rest
Scroll: Longstrider
Scroll: Cure Wounds (Bilkar)
[/sblock]
 

EarlyBird

First Post
OOC: The death save was mainly to see if he would roll a 20 and thus get up on his own, but Al's way worked much better.


The room with the great stone sarcophagus looks like it hasn't been used in a while. The lid is slightly askew but not cracked enough to see inside. It would take Zuleyka and someone else to move the heavy stone, to reveal what is inside.

[sblock=HP Update]
Ssz'irac HP:5/9
Bilkar HP 6/9
Zuleyka HP:7/7
Alberich HP: 3/11[/sblock]
 

Greenmtn

Explorer
Bilkar Gnome Druid

Beaming with pride Bilkar watches Al come up, talk to the unconscious Drow who then starts to stir before hearing the words...

“Good job, mole man,”

He first looks confused, then looks back to Al and his face turns to one of understanding as he nods, as he realizes that Zuleyka is thanking the Dwarf, and she obviously understands that both Dwarves and moles spend time underground.

"If you tell Skeleton 'Get up ye dolt' will it rise and answer where spell of remembering is or dead to long?" Bilkar asks as he turns and watches the female Drow examine the sarcophagus. Fully expecting something horrible to jump out when she opens it.
 

tglassy

Adventurer
Al smirks. “Dead at all and it don’t work. Me voice has always had a way of gettin people to do what I want, but they have to be alive.”


Sent from my iPad using EN World
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Feeling embarrassed at passing out after a mosquito bite - albeit a very large mosquito - Ssz'irac gets to his feet, nodding his thanks to the dwarf and avoiding the gaze of Zuleyka.

One could say a lot of things about dwarves, but they got your back when they've accepted you as an ally, the drow thinks to himself. That's a lot more than can be said about drow, even so-called reformed ones.

Cautiously Ssz'irac checks the chest to see if nothing else was inside, then moves to the curtain where the drow female is studying the sarcophagus. For the moment, Ssz'irac lets the others lead as he himself hangs back, his rapier and dagger at the ready.

OOC: Besides the annoying bugs, did the chest contain anything else?
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer


Eastern Cormyr/Irongard
Afternoon
Round 0

Zuleyka huffed in annoyance. The sarcophagus lid was askew, but not enough so she could see inside. That meant it still might be occupied. But by what? She let her spell fade away with a few flickers of electricity before she glanced at the others.

“Welcome back,” she told Ssz’irac. “Have a good nap?” She couldn’t resist twisting the screw a bit. “Help me with this lid,” she ordered, as if he was one of the males of her House. “Did you check it for traps?”

Turning back to the coffin, she circled it warily, checking it herself.

[sblock=Actions]
Action: Investigation: 1D20+2 = [10]+2 = 12
Move:
Bonus Action:
Reaction: Shield, if needed
Free Object Interaction:
Concentration:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 7/7
AC: 13

Spells: +4, DC 12
Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Fire Bolt, Green Flame Blade, Shocking Grasp
L1 (1/2): Absorb Elements, Burning Hands*, Disguise Self*, Magic Missile, Shield*, Sleep
Arcane Recover (1/LR)*
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
Ornate staff
Magical boots - needs short rest
Scroll: Longstrider
Scroll: Cure Wounds (Bilkar)
[/sblock]
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Ssz'irac glares at Zuleyka, holding his tongue. Purposefully moving at a very slow pace, the drow male walks forward towards the sarcophagus, studying it, moving around it.

"The lid's partially open," he notes, as if very obvious. "So either there was no trap, or it already triggered."

Despite his confidence, Ssz'irac investigates the whole thing.

OOC: Investigation check: [roll0]
 

EarlyBird

First Post
During your investigations the mouth of the carved warrior atop the lid starts to move...

"Thieves and despoilers! You have made an enemy who will bring doom upon you all! Know - and fear - Merrin! I will find you all - soon!"

The sound echoes throughout the crypt and the silence that follows is eerie, but nothing else happens for long minutes.

OOC: no traps detected
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Merrin?" Ssz'irac laughs to himself.

The drow grins towards Al and Bilkar. "Scary Mad Merrin did this, not the one supposedly entombed here. And he's already after us."

When the crypt is silent again, Ssz'irac moves to one end of the sarcophagus, moving his hands to lid, ready to move it aside if someone helps him.
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer


Eastern Cormyr/Irongard
Afternoon
Round 0

Zuleyka froze as the voice boomed out. “Merrin!” she hissed. She put her hands on the lid as well, nodding to Ssz’irac and then started pushing. Oh, what she wouldn’t give for a decent drow warrior to do this pedestrian manual labor!

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Bonus Action:
Reaction: Shield, if needed
Free Object Interaction:
Concentration:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 7/7
AC: 13

Spells: +4, DC 12
Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Fire Bolt, Green Flame Blade, Shocking Grasp
L1 (1/2): Absorb Elements, Burning Hands*, Disguise Self*, Magic Missile, Shield*, Sleep
Arcane Recover (1/LR)*
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
Ornate staff
Magical boots - needs short rest
Scroll: Longstrider
Scroll: Cure Wounds (Bilkar)
[/sblock]
 

EarlyBird

First Post
The lid slides across the sarcophagus with a grinding crunch and reveals a hoard of treasure no one has seen before in their lifetime.

Two old cloaks, a hat, two daggers, a very small carved ivory box (1gp) inside which is a ruby, a long cedar box with one steel vial marked with a red stripe and room to hold three more vials, plus two scrolls, and a pile of loose gold and silver lying under everything lay about the otherwise empty coffin.

Alberich with his detection spell still affecting him looks inside as the others join him. Besides the obvious potion and scrolls the only other magical item in the pile is the small red ruby.

OOC: No body or signs there ever was a body inside. Also no bestow remembrance spell
The cloaks, hat, daggers all look to be preped (like the staff from the other room) so they could be enchanted later

Group Insight challenge as you loot this room.
DC 12 need two success before 2 failures
 

Greenmtn

Explorer


Bilkar flinches at the sound of the voice, hissing angrily and looking for Merrin before realizing that it wasn't him it was just a spell with his voice.

When the sarcophogus is opened he goes over and squeezes in between the two already there, up on his tip toes he peers in.

"No Spell! Find Spell!"

He hurriedly begins scurrying from place to place seemingly at random stopping to look and sniff occasionally.
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer


Eastern Cormyr/Irongard
Afternoon
Round 0

Zuleyka rifled through the items in the coffin. “Hardly worth it,” she murmured. She did pull out the scrolls, however, and unrolled them. “Not the spell we are looking for.” She glanced over the magical texts to see what she had. “Someone check that potion? Anything else magical?”

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Bonus Action:
Reaction: Shield, if needed
Free Object Interaction:
Concentration:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 7/7
AC: 13

Spells: +4, DC 12
Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Fire Bolt, Green Flame Blade, Shocking Grasp
L1 (1/2): Absorb Elements, Burning Hands*, Disguise Self*, Magic Missile, Shield*, Sleep
Arcane Recover (1/LR)*
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
Ornate staff
Magical boots - needs short rest
Scroll: Longstrider
Scroll: Cure Wounds (Bilkar)
[/sblock]
 



Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top