log in or register to remove this ad

 

5E EB's One Shot - Irongrad (IC)

KahlessNestor

Adventurer


Eastern Cormyr/Irongard
Afternoon
Round 0

“Bah! What a waste!” Zuleyka spat with annoyance. “It isn’t even enchanted.” Still, it was ready for enchantment, so that might be worth something. She stowed it on her pack and followed the others toward the amber glowing door. It led to a hallway and into a wizard’s sanctum.

“Think we caught him out?” Zuleyka whispered, looking around the cluttered room, empty of inhabitants. She eyed the curtain skeptically, however, and then eyed the scrolls greedily.

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Bonus Action:
Reaction: Shield, if needed
Free Object Interaction:
Concentration:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 7/7
AC: 13

Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Fire Bolt, Green Flame Blade, Shocking Grasp
L1 (2/2): Absorb Elements, Burning Hands*, Disguise Self*, Magic Missile, Shield*, Sleep
Arcane Recover (1/LR)*
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
Ornate staff
[/sblock]
 

log in or register to remove this ad

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Ssz'irac shrugs in reply to Zuleyka, staying silent, his eyes scanning the small room. The drow holds his rapier ready to defend himself, should any threat emerge.

That locked chest seems interesting, but he needs to focus on opening it without being surprised.

Ssz'irac points to the iron chest and then to himself, letting his allies know he claims it. Then he steps over to the curtain, using the point of his weapon to gently move the edge to the side. If nothing dangerous happens, he steadily moves more of the cloth aside.
 

Greenmtn

Explorer
Bilkar Gnome Druid

"Notes. Book." Bilkar says, pointing to the book as he moves over to the alchemy lab. Not wanting to waste time he starts grabbing papers, the sage can read them later, if the Wizard is gone, it's best to get what they came for and get out, if not, hopefully others in the pack will alert Bilkar.

If he gets all of the papers without interruption he conjures up an illusion of the setup he is looking at. Looking it over to make sure that the colors match before getting ready to leave.
 

EarlyBird

First Post
Zuleyka reaches over the head of the gnome and snatches the two scrolls from the table. Bilkar looks hurt, but continues to grab all the loose notes from the larger of the two tables, eyeing the drow warily. The book sits on the smaller table with the iron lock box and boots.

Alberich guards the door still nursing his wounded arm (finally getting the bleeding to stop).

Ssz'irac whistles softly in surprise as he peers through the heavy curtains in the corner. The small room is unlit, but his darkvision shows the small dusty area, with old cobwebs in the corners and a sarcophagus sitting directly in the room's center.

[sblock=Map]
Irongrad_Main.jpg[/sblock]
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer


Eastern Cormyr/Irongard
Afternoon
Round 0

Zuleyka unrolls the two scrolls to see what they are. Then she looks over the alchemy table that Bilkar is looting to see if there were any finished potions. Then she picks up the boots, turning them over to see if there were any markings indicating it was magical.

[sblock=Actions]
Investigation: 1D20+2 = [18]+2 = 20
Arcana: 1D20+4 = [12]+4 = 16
Action:
Move:
Bonus Action:
Reaction: Shield, if needed
Free Object Interaction:
Concentration:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 7/7
AC: 13

Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Fire Bolt, Green Flame Blade, Shocking Grasp
L1 (2/2): Absorb Elements, Burning Hands*, Disguise Self*, Magic Missile, Shield*, Sleep
Arcane Recover (1/LR)*
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
Ornate staff
[/sblock]
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Coffin," Ssz'irac whispers to his allies. Clearly the drow does not trust it to remain still while the party loots this room.

Scanning the small room quickly, he then looks more closely to detect the presence of any spiders in the old dusty cobwebs, not trusting those little spies.

OOC: Investigation: [roll0]
 

EarlyBird

First Post
OOC: No spiders it looks like they have moved on.


Zuleyka finds that the old worn boots do indeed have small runes etched near the seams indicating they are somehow enchanted. The two scrolls held the spells longstrider and cure wounds both at the lowest of levels, and not something the mad wizard was likely to use.

Bilkar notices odd formula's among the sheets and lists of ingredients, but no spell of bestow remembrance, and no potions just empty vials and some filled with water. His illusion is almost picturesque in its copy of the table.

Ssz'irac notices the top of the sarcophagus has a warrior carved into it (much like the statue from outside), and is every so slightly tilted ajar.

Alberich notices no one has looked at the chest of drawers near the doorway, and finds it to just be a four foot high wooden piece of furniture, at first glance. There are three drawers and each is etched in pearl and has two silver nobs to help open them.
 
Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
Al casts detect Magic as a ritual, then searches the room, and particularly the chest of drawers, for magic.


Sent from my iPad using EN World
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer


Eastern Cormyr/Irongard
Afternoon
Round 0

“Nice. Magic boots,” Zuleyka murmured. She put them into her bag. She would have to spend some time with them and see just what they did.

Only one of the scrolls proved worthwhile, something she could copy into her spellbook, a longstrider spell. The other one she couldn’t use.

“This is more your line of work,” Zuleyka said, tossing Bilkar the scroll of cure wounds.

Zuleyka glanced over at the other drow. He’d found a sarcophagus? That might be profitable...or dangerous. Keeping one eye on the corner and the other drow, Zuleyka kept the other on the dwarf as he pulled open drawers.

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Bonus Action:
Reaction: Shield, if needed
Free Object Interaction:
Concentration:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 7/7
AC: 13

Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Fire Bolt, Green Flame Blade, Shocking Grasp
L1 (2/2): Absorb Elements, Burning Hands*, Disguise Self*, Magic Missile, Shield*, Sleep
Arcane Recover (1/LR)*
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
Ornate staff
Magical boots - needs short rest
Scroll: Longstrider
Scroll: Cure Wounds (Bilkar)
[/sblock]
 

Greenmtn

Explorer
Bilkar Gnome Druid

Bilkar clumsily juggles the scroll before finally catching it and stuffing it in a bag without really paying any attention to what it is while rushing to get the other notes safely tucked away.

"Boots not stop Bilkar from Glowing, or pack from forgetting. Hurry. Bilkar has seen what happens when caught in a bears cave."

Bilkar then scurries over to the book reaching out, hesitating for a moment, then flipping it open quickly like he half expects something to explode when he touches it. He flips to the last few pages that seem to have any writing on them, expecting those to be the most recent, and skims to see if the book seems to contain what they are looking for. He seems to grow more and more nervous the longer they stay here.
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
OOC: Is the iron chest small enough to put in my backpack? In that case Ssz'irac will take it with him before moving on to the sarcophagus.
 

EarlyBird

First Post
OOC: No the chest is to deep to fit into a back pack, unless the pack were totally empty. About 2'wide x 3'high, so that when it is on the table the top is right about shoulder level.
 

EarlyBird

First Post
Bilkar finds that the most recent entry in the journal is about his new pack.

"Those magic thieves at the fountain will pay. Oh yes pay they will. If I can't find them then the curse will take them, just as it has taken me. Damn Iyarim, he's notes said that the bestow remembrance spell was here, buried close to him they said. Well he wasn't even buried just sitting in an old throne like some long ago king. HA! He was never a wizard-king, and even in my condition I am more powerful than he ever was.

I must rest, rest and get the power to teleport back to Arabel. Then those thieve will pay. I'll find them and they'll pay."

Ssz'irac's attention is torn between both areas that could hold a great treasure and he doesn't know which to explore first.

Meanwhile Alberich finishes is song and stands gazing around the room. He notices a faint dweomer coming from inside the iron lock box on the table. And from inside one of the drawers of the dresser beside him. He cautiously opens the drawer to find it full of blank papers, quills, ink pots, and two potion vials.

Zuleyka had to repack the boots into her bag, and was just finishing with that chore when Al started rummaging through one of the drawers.
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer


Eastern Cormyr/Irongard
Afternoon
Round 0

“Got something, dwarf?” Zuleyka asked as she noted the bard had stopped singing and was currently opening one of the drawers of the closet.

The drow turned her attention to the iron chest, investigating it carefully to see if it was safe.

“Male!” Zuleyka barked, reaching a hand out, snapping her long, delicate fingers to get Ssz’irac’s attention. “Whatever your name is. Commoner. Open this chest,” she demanded of him. “Let’s see what is inside.”

[sblock=Actions]
Action: Investigation: 1D20+2 = [10]+2 = 12
Move:
Bonus Action:
Reaction: Shield, if needed
Free Object Interaction:
Concentration:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 7/7
AC: 13

Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Fire Bolt, Green Flame Blade, Shocking Grasp
L1 (2/2): Absorb Elements, Burning Hands*, Disguise Self*, Magic Missile, Shield*, Sleep
Arcane Recover (1/LR)*
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
Ornate staff
Magical boots - needs short rest
Scroll: Longstrider
Scroll: Cure Wounds (Bilkar)
[/sblock]
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
His decision about what to examine first made for him, Ssz’irac moves back to Zuleyka. Motioning to the sarcophagus, he says, ”The lid has been moved recently. Best to check inside.”

Not waiting to see if the other drow goes to the side chamber, Ssz’irac focuses his attention on the chest. Pulling out several exotic-looking tools from his pack, the rogue first holds each iron implement before the lock, and upon deciding, takes two such tools and starts wiggling them in.

OOC: Roll for Thieves’ Tools: [roll0]
 

EarlyBird

First Post
Oddly the lock of the iron chest clicks open, with Ssz'irac hardly fiddling with it at all.

OOC: DM rolls behind screen


Ssz'irac looks over the chest and notes its age and wonders if the lock wasn't already busted open once before.
 

Greenmtn

Explorer
"Bilkar is not thief!" Bilkar says with an offended look on his face.

Bilkar reads the journal entry out loud word for word.

"This not wizard Den. Spell could be here still."
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Too easy," Ssz'irac mutters to himself as he opens the chest with ease. Raising the lid, the drow quickly examines the contents, seizing any expensive looking items and holding them up for inspection in the air before stuffing them in his pack.
 

EarlyBird

First Post
*pop*

As the lid lifts a magical glow catches Ssz'irac's eye and the greed wells up in the form of a smirk. Which quickly turns to horror as three bat like creatures come fluttering out of the box...

Stirge.jpg

Two head for the ceiling circling around and around as if looking for a way out. The third pokes its needle-like nose in the male drow's direction. The sharp point pierces the his forearm and the creature seems to attach itself there.

OOC: 15 min break so not much time to post
Atk Ssz'irac [roll0], dmg: [roll1]

Creatures are AC 14, HP 2
Two of which are 15' away from the party towards the ceiling and the last is stuck on Ssz'irac
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
As the strange creature pierces his skin with its pointy beak, Ssz'irac feels the blood flowing out of him and into the winged monstrosity. He stands for a second, then starts to spin as the blood loss robs him of his consciousness. The drow drops to the floor unceremoniously, the stirge still clinging to his arm.

OOC: That drops me to 0 hp...
 

Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top