log in or register to remove this ad

 

5E EB's One Shot - Irongrad (IC)

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Careful," Ssz'irac says to his bruised companions. "This seems like a trap."

The drow rogue stands perfectly still, only his head moving from side to side as he allows all of his senses to study every little detail in the room. His eyes scan the walls, ceiling, floor and the throne, skeleton, and pegs. His ears, sensitive to the strangely echoing noises in caves within the Underdark, attempt to catch any sound. His nose, never his best sense, nevertheless sniffs the cool air. And his gut, which tells him something dangerous is close.

OOC: Not sure if this makes a Perception check or Investigation. I'll roll for Perception (+3); if it's Investigation (+4), instead add 1 to my roll. [roll0]
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Greenmtn

Explorer
Bilkar Gnome Druid

Bilkar steps down onto a step that suddenly isn't there slipping and scraping the back of his leg on the rough stone. He covers his mouth with both hands stiffing a squeak of pain before glaring down at the step and seemingly threatening to hit it with his staff.

"Maggot food or mad wizard hiding?" Bilkar whispers staring intently at the throne from behind the Drow in front of him.

OOC: Investigation [roll0] Bilkar is worried that this is an illusion.


"Leave bones alone. Bones old, anything needed gone."
 

EarlyBird

First Post
OOC: Perception if you are standing still and looking around. But if you want to search the room, then roll Investigation. So really it could be both, if you wish. Everyone can try either.


Ssz'irac notices nothing strange about the room from where he stands, and Bilkar has trouble seeing around the elf to notice anything out of the ordinary.

Accept for the breathing of the party the area is quieter than a tomb.
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
”Seems like you’re right,” Ssz’irac says to the strange gnome. ”I can’t see any traps, although I’m sure something dangerous lurks.”

Taking a few careful steps further into the room, the draw moves before the skeleton on the throne and studies it carefully, his rapier in hand in case danger suddenly emerges.

However, being so focused on threats, Ssz’irac has a hard time concentrating on the skeleton. After a few moments, he realizes that he missed some very obvious things like the fact that it is a dead person in front of him.

OOC: Okay, so last post Perception, this time Investigation: [roll0]
 
Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer


Eastern Cormyr
Afternoon
Round 0

Zuleyka sighed. “Then what good are you, male,” she muttered under her breath as she carefully stepped over the trapped step. She pulled out her dagger and scratched a mark in the wall to remind them when they came back out.

But that wouldn’t help, as it seemed the entire staircase was trapped. It was all Zuleyka could do to make it down the stairs upright and on her feet and not land in a tumbling heap. She was bruised, and not in a pleasant mood to deal with Ssz’irac’s smirking face at the bottom. She slid her dagger under his chin. “Be warned, male,” she said, huffing with her full, kissable lips to blow silky white hair out of her silver eyes, her full breasts pressed against his muscled chest. “Pull your weight, or we’ll cull the herd.”

Sheathing her dagger and turned to take in the room, with its throne-ensconced skeleton and cloak pegs. Her eye immediately went to the staff held by the skeleton, scanning the room for danger. Seeing nothing from the entry, she proceeded to poke around the room, but didn’t find anything. Finally, she stood next to Ssz’irac at the throne.

“Is this trapped?” she asked. She reached out, but stopped just before grabbing the staff. When he said no, she snatched it up to study it for runic carvings that might indicate it was magical.

[sblock=Actions]
Action: Perception: 1D20+2 = [4]+2 = 6
Investigation: 1D20+2 = [1]+2 = 3
Arcana: 1D20+4 = [14]+4 = 18
Move:
Bonus Action:
Reaction: Shield, if needed
Free Object Interaction:
Concentration:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 6/7
AC: 13

Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Fire Bolt, Green Flame Blade, Shocking Grasp
L1 (2/2): Absorb Elements, Burning Hands*, Disguise Self*, Magic Missile, Shield*, Sleep
Arcane Recover (1/LR)*
[/sblock]

 

EarlyBird

First Post
The female drow stands still for a moment, watching the skeleton. Nothing happens.

Studying the look of the staff it does appear that it could possibly be magical.

[sblock=Staff]
staff.jpg[/sblock]

But holding it tells her nothing. Then suddenly there is a sting across her right shoulder and she cries out in pain. Turning she sees a dagger floating in the air, the blade dripping red with fresh blood.

Bilkar and Al saw the dagger come floating down from the shadows near the ceiling, and were caught unaware as it turned sharply towards the drow matron and attacked.

OOC: Surprise round over. I rolled the attack only here
1d20+4=22
In case it was in shield range and you decided to use the spell. But it was over so here is the damage 1d4+2=5 and everyone roll INIT I wish to see if my dagger will get another turn before it is destroyed. lol Dagger INIT [roll0]

Flying Dagger AC: 15, HP: 12

[sblock=Map]
Irongrad_Main_02.jpg[/sblock]
 

Greenmtn

Explorer
OOC: Initiative: [roll0]
Just for point of reference. Does this dagger seem to be acting on it's own like it's animated, wielded by something we can't see or in the hand of an invisible attacker?


"Down! Female Elf have bad ears. Bilkar said leave alone." Bilkar's shout of warning is to late to get Zuleyka's attention in time but his tardiness doesn't stop him from scolding her in a chattering tone. He squints seemingly trying to figure out what is going on with the metal floating claw.
 


KahlessNestor

Adventurer


Eastern Cormyr/Irongard
Afternoon
Round 0

Zuleyka grinned a bit greedily as she studied the staff. Possibly magical. She would have to sit with it for a while to be sure. She was slipping it onto her back when pain flashed through her shoulder and she cried out, more in surprise than anything, though the wound was grievous, bleed profusely.

“Lolth’s :):):):)!” Zuleyka cursed

Initiative: 1D20+3 = [5]+3 = 8

OOC: Damn. Didn’t beat the dagger. I’m going down…


[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Bonus Action:
Reaction: Shield, if needed
Free Object Interaction:
Concentration:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 1/7
AC: 13

Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Fire Bolt, Green Flame Blade, Shocking Grasp
L1 (2/2): Absorb Elements, Burning Hands*, Disguise Self*, Magic Missile, Shield*, Sleep
Arcane Recover (1/LR)*
[/sblock]
 


JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Startled by Zuleyka's outcry of pain as the dagger pierced her shoulder, Ssz'irac reacts by taking a swing at the floating blade with his readied rapier. It is not, however, a very accurate strike against the small dagger, and the drow misses as he tries awkwardly to reach around the female drow, so close to him...

OOC: Don't worry, I'll save you! ;)

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Sneak Attack (because an ally is within 5 feet of target): [roll2]

Err... Nevermind.
 


EarlyBird

First Post
The dagger swings back at the male drow. [roll0], [roll1]

Ssz'irac successfully pairs a couple of swipes, but is unprepared for the dagger to float above his head and strike downward from right above him. This was not a part of his training, fighting something that could come at you from any direction without an arm or body to give you a hint to wear it might strike from next. And now the blade was behind him.

OOC: Round 1:
In INIT Order:
Ssz'irac- melee attack, miss
Floating Dagger - Attack Ssz'irac, hit
Bilkar - is up
Zuleyka - is up
Alberich - is up

Do not forget you have two potions of healing KahlessNestor ;)


[sblock=Combat]
Ssz'irac HP:1/9
Bilkar HP 6/9
Zuleyka HP:1/7
Alberich HP: 08/11

Floating Dagger: AC 15, HP 12/12[/sblock]
[sblock=Map]
Irongrad_Main_03.jpg[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer


Eastern Cormyr/Irongard
Afternoon
Round 2

Zuleyka reached down into the pouch at her belt and pulled out a small vial. She popped the seal off and drank down the overly sweet, syrupy liquid. Warm heat ran through her and her wounds closed as she tossed the vial aside and parried the magical dagger with her rapier.

[sblock=Actions]
Action: Drink healing potion
Healing potion: 2D4+2 = [3, 3]+2 = 8
Move:
Bonus Action:
Reaction: Shield, if needed
Free Object Interaction:
Concentration:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 7/7
AC: 13

Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Fire Bolt, Green Flame Blade, Shocking Grasp
L1 (2/2): Absorb Elements, Burning Hands*, Disguise Self*, Magic Missile, Shield*, Sleep
Arcane Recover (1/LR)*
[/sblock]
 

Greenmtn

Explorer
Bilkar Gnome Druid

Bilkar lifts his palm, a small ball of fire materializes above his hand, he seems mesmorized by the flame for a moment before his expression turns to one of frustration as his eyes focus on his glowing hand under the flame and he hurls it at the dagger. The dagger swings to the side as it's attack is parried away and the ball of flame misses it's mark.

 


tglassy

Adventurer
"Come on, ye dolt, Drow! I thought yer black skinned bastards could hit better than that!"

His words fill Ssz'irac with self conscious loathing, which pushes him to show the dwarf what he can do.

At the same time, Al takes a swing at the thing to show them how it's done.

OOC: Action: Attack
Bonus Action: give the male drow inspiration. It's a little unorthodox, but very in character.


[roll0] [roll]1d8+3[roll]


Sent from my iPhone using EN World
 


EarlyBird

First Post
The gnome's flame blasts the ceiling as he misses and looks about for the flying nuisance. The clang of steel biting steel draws his attention to the dwarf just as Zuleyka gains an amber glow just like the one surrounding Bilkar. Although this glow is much brighter and the female drow does seem to mind that (very much) she is now a glow bug.

OOC: Round 2:
In INIT Order:
Ssz'irac- is up, condition: inspired(1d6)
Floating Dagger -
Bilkar -
Zuleyka - ,condition: faerie fire
Alberich -


[sblock=Combat]
Ssz'irac HP:1/9
Bilkar HP 6/9
Zuleyka HP:7/7
Alberich HP: 08/11

Floating Dagger: AC 15, HP 06/12[/sblock]
[sblock=Map]
View attachment 90869[/sblock]
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Ssz'irac feels the insult from dwarf in his very bones. How dare he!

With fire in his red eyes, the drow assumes a dueling pose, left hand on his hip and the other thrusting the rapier at the floating dagger that has just been hit by Al.

OOC: Attack: [roll0]
Plus inspiration: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Sneak Attack damage: [roll3]
 

Presents for Goblins

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top