log in or register to remove this ad

 

5E EB's One Shot - Irongrad (IC)

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Ssz'irac looks at Bilkar disgustedly for a moment, before regaining his friendly but somewhat aloof demeanor.

"I'm not hungry," the drow says before adding, "But bring the meat. I might need a snack later. Or a distraction..."

Realizing he has not spoken to the gnome much, Ssz'irac decides to find out more about the almost feral creature.

"Bilkar, that is your name, right? Where did you come from? Are there others like you? And have you encountered birds like this before?"
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Greenmtn

Explorer
Bilkar Gnome Druid

Bilkar smiles and returns to cutting meat from the bird and speaks quite casually while doing it. It's obvious to lost listening that he fully believes everything he is saying.

"Bilkar was squirrel. Bilkar is Gnome." He stops for a moment before continuing. "Bilkar miss tail. Birds Lumberjack beak after those that cut trees. Not see much but Bilkar knows taste like chicken. Not like much but fills belly. Eat soon or make poop too much."

He lifts his head and looks around a bit before motioning towards a forested area off in the distance and scratching his head. As he starts speaking he gets back to cutting. "That Bilkars forest. More squirrels. More Gnomes. No more Bilkars"


 
Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Ssz'irac stands with his mouth ajar, not having a clue what to say to that. He looks at Zuleyka with wide eyes, clearly at a loss for words, before returning his gaze to the squirrel-gnome.
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer


Eastern Cormyr
Afternoon
Round 0

The gnome hugged Zuleyka’s leg.

“Ugh. It touched me!” she said to Ssz’irac. “Did it hump my leg?” She pulled a face and checked her leathers for any disgusting stains besides the blood of these strange beasts.

Zuleyka pulled a face at the smell of burned feathers as Bilkar started to butcher one of the creatures, and Ssz’irac struck up a conversation.

When Ssz’irac stared at her, Zuleyka chuckled. “You were the one that tried to talk to it,” she pointed out. “This looks like it could take a while. Why don’t we have a rest?” she suggested, moving away a bit -- and upwind from the butchering -- and settling into the grass. She pulled out her waterskin. At least that blasted sun was behind the clouds!

OOC: I figure butchering and preparing for transport would take about an hour, so we might as well short rest? I don’t need HD, but Arcane Recovery gets me a spell slot back.



[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Bonus Action:
Reaction: Shield, if needed
Free Object Interaction:
Concentration:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 7/7
AC: 13

Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Fire Bolt, Green Flame Blade, Shocking Grasp
L1 (2/2): Absorb Elements, Burning Hands*, Disguise Self*, Magic Missile, Shield*, Sleep
Arcane Recover (1/LR)
[/sblock]
 


JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Ssz’rac shakes his head, then decides to gather as much of the ball bearings as possible and place them back in the pouch. He then waits for everyone to move.
 

Greenmtn

Explorer
Bilkar Gnome Druid

Bilkar removes the breast of the bird, cutting his fingers a couple times as he gets distracted by their glow before deciding that the rest of the meat is likely going to cause more pain than it is worth. He uses some grass to wipe the blood off, and puts things away.

"Bilkar not see night Elf before. Zukeyka and Ssz'irac mates? Come from far away? Make pack here?"
 

EarlyBird

First Post
OOC: I will let @tglassy roll his HD I do believe he will be spending it.
After a short rest...
Alberich HP: 09/11
Zuleyka HP:7/7
Bilkar HP 7/9
Ssz'irac HP:5/9


After the group (umm...) regroups, they head out once more for Irongrad.

7c9168911eac5a8e919b42d2d3890470--character-art-character-design.jpg

It isn't a hard place to find...

OOC: Read Aloud:
The group finds a huge statue of black stone atop a grassy knoll. Time has worn away most of the warriors face, and has also erased its origin from living memory and lore. A heavy 11 foot square of the same black stone lies in the grass at the statues feet. The slab sits askew revealing a circular staircase leading down. An amber glow (like what covers the gnome) emanates from below.


OOC: What do you do? Also marching order PLZ
 
Last edited:



KahlessNestor

Adventurer


Eastern Cormyr
Afternoon
Round 0

Zuleyka looked a bit startled at Bilkar’s question. “Mate?” She gave a scoffing laugh. “He isn’t even noble!” she said, looking at Ssz’irac. And looking him over. Okay, he wasn’t a bad-looking drow. In fact, he was quite handsome. And it wasn’t like she was swimming in eligible drow noble males here on the surface. When the itch came -- and, let’s face it, she’d had the itch for a while now -- he would be...acceptable.

“And you are lucky to have never seen a drow before, little creature,” she told Bilkar, “else you might be dead.”

***

The rest of the trip to Irongrad was rather unimpressive. Zuleyka stared up at the ancient, worn statue of obsidian stone with a bit of amazement. She noted the door with the familiar amber glow, as well.

“I suppose we have the best vision, so we should check it out,” Zuleyka said to Ssz’irac. At least they were going somewhere out of the hated sunlight, even though it was behind the clouds right now. She pulled her rapier and wand and proceeded carefully to the door to investigate. She didn’t hear or see anything, however.

Perception: 1D20+2 = [1]+2 = 3

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Bonus Action:
Reaction: Shield, if needed
Free Object Interaction:
Concentration:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 7/7
AC: 13

Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Fire Bolt, Green Flame Blade, Shocking Grasp
L1 (2/2): Absorb Elements, Burning Hands*, Disguise Self*, Magic Missile, Shield*, Sleep
Arcane Recover (1/LR)*
[/sblock]
 

Greenmtn

Explorer
Bilkar Gnome Druid

Bilkar looks at the Drow curiously when she suggests it was good that he hadn't met one. Trying to decide how to take that. Drows not hurt Bilkar yet... And smaller than bear...

Bilkar watches them a little closer the rest of the trip, more curious now than before. They are a strange breed of Elf.

On seeing the statue Bilkar is amazed. Never seeing anything quite like it before.

"Bilkar remembers. Get book from mad Wizard yes? Kill or not kill?" Bilkar looks to his hands again with a bit of a pout as he raises his head to the sky looking around at the darkness before focusing on his new pack "Bilkar really not a lightening bug."
OOC:
HD from short rest [roll0]
 


JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Ssz'irac is about to answer the gnome when Zuleyka beats him to it, voicing her displeasure at seeing him as a potential partner. The male raises one eyebrow, but decides not to reply. On the one hand he finds himself curiously insulted, but at the same time Ssz'irac is relieved to avoid the dangerous and sometimes lethal drow mating games.

She was rather pleasing to the eyes, however. Shaking his head, Ssz'irac put all such notions out of his mind as they continued towards their destination.

*

Studying the massive statue for a moment, Ssz'irac nods when Zuleyka suggest they scout ahead.

Following the other drow closely, he soon finds himself watching her shapely form instead of his surroundings. Again, he catches himself, blinking once to refocus, returning his gaze to the environment.

OOC: Perception: [roll0]
 

EarlyBird

First Post
Ssz'irac looks down at the stairwell and feels something isn't right. He changes postions, carfeully climbing atop the black stone slab and looking down from a different direction. He snaps his fingers and says, "Look there. The third step sits lower than the others, maybe a half inch or so."

Coming back around he checks the walls near the first two steps, "But I don't see grooves or any indication of what would happen if you stepped there. Could be an alarm, or a slide, or spikes shoot up through your foot." He shudders at the thought. "I don't see anyway to disarm it."

OOC: No other steps appear trapped, but you can't see the ones around the bend.
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer


Eastern Cormyr
Afternoon
Round 0

“Can you disarm it? Or should we just avoid it?” Zuleyka asked. In the crowded stairway, the well-endowed drow noblewoman in exile had to press close to the male commoner. “I would rather not have to try and remember where to step if we have to flee back this way.”

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Bonus Action:
Reaction: Shield, if needed
Free Object Interaction:
Concentration:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 7/7
AC: 13

Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Fire Bolt, Green Flame Blade, Shocking Grasp
L1 (2/2): Absorb Elements, Burning Hands*, Disguise Self*, Magic Missile, Shield*, Sleep
Arcane Recover (1/LR)*
[/sblock]
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"I don't see how," Ssz'irac answers, while looking for a way to disarm the suspected trap underneath the third step.

"Best to avoid it, although we could try to trigger it by dropping a weight unto it. But I fear that would alert the inhabitants of this structure, so I suggest stepping over it."

With that, the male drow moves carefully up the stairs, treading on the first, second and fourth step while avoiding the third.
 

Greenmtn

Explorer
Bilkar Gnome Druid

Bilkar watches the two Drow carefully, listening in to their conversation and gets ready to follow them. Doing his best with his short legs to step exactly where they do, avoiding any space that they avoid.
 

EarlyBird

First Post
OOC: Trap: Trip Steps DEX save DC 11 or take [roll0] damage
In marching order.
Ssz'irac makes all his saves. 19, 11, 15, 17
Zuleyka makes first save but fails her second. 20, 1, 13, 1
Bilkar fails first save no need for others. 7, 12, 11, 17
Alberich fails first save no need for others. 1, 4, 14, 4


Ssz'irac counts 60 steps on this very steep and sharply twisting staircase. He nibbly avoids the steps as they raise and lower at random trying to trip him as he descends. Reaching the bottom with a grin he hears behind him the sounds of the others who were not so lucky. Stubbing their feet or losing their balance and cathing themselves however they can on the walls causing a few sprained elbows, shoulders and wrists.

Ssz'irac looks back at the slightly beaten up others of the group, and his grin grows a bit weaker.

"A magical trap," he says with a short laugh.
 
Last edited:

EarlyBird

First Post
OOC: HP update:
Alberich HP: 08/11
Zuleyka HP:6/7
Bilkar HP 6/9
Ssz'irac HP:5/9


Area: Outer Chamber
Light: Dim

The room you find yourself in is floored, walled, and roofed in well dressed blocks of stone. An amber glow enters the room from a corridor in the southern wall. The ceiling is twenty feet above the floor for both the room and the corridor. In front of the opening of which sits a high backed stone chair. Sitting upon the throne is a very old skeleton in rotting robes and clutching a staff across its lap.

On the western wall of the room are four wooden pegs, about five feet high. From the pegs hang rotting wisps of cloaks, scarves, caps, and a plain metal helm.

[sblock=Map]
Irongrad_Main_01.jpg[/sblock]
 

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top