D&D 5E EB's One Shot - Irongrad (IC)

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
OOC: Insight: [roll0]

Ssz'irac hesitates, then tries to cast his innate magic to light a room. When it fails, once, twice, the drow's smile falters.

"He's right. My magic's gone," he says quietly.

Turning to the magistrate, Ssz'irac states plainly, "I will help if there is a chance my magic can be restored."

EarlyBird

Explorer
db9905540f28ab96132a808ed193c2df--character-portraits-fictional-characters.jpg "Yes, yes. Restore your art, that is what I believe Ghilarite can help you all with."

He shakes his head as he thinks things through. "But you and the gnome may not be enough, I fear." He says to Ssz'irac. "And the Lady Rilla," he says nodding to the dragonborn who has kept her distance from the party, "seems intent on waiting for her retainers to bail her out of this. I implore you both, talk to the others get them to agree if possible. I will wait over there." he says pointing to where his horse was being held by a groom. "And please hurry."

OOC: Insight challenge failed. So you still
have a gut feeling like their is more, just not sure,
he does seem rushed.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
w0idjp.jpg

Arabel/Gaol
Afternoon
Round 0

“It isn’t like we have much of a choice,” Zuleyka muttered. “If this curse is going to eat away at our magic like he says, we need to get rid of it as quickly as possible. If this Ghilarite can help, then we must go see him.”

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Bonus Action:
Free Object Interaction:
Concentration:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 7/7
AC: 13

Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Fire Bolt, Green Flame Blade, Shocking Grasp
L1 (1/2): Absorb Elements, Burning Hands*, Disguise Self*, Magic Missile, Shield*, Sleep
[/sblock]

Greenmtn

Explorer
Bilkar Gnome Druid

Bilkars gaze moves to the Dwarf that threw him in the fountain. He owes that one for that... but just the same looks at him with a bit of pity in his eyes. "If sage can stop Bilkar from turning into a lightening bug. Sage must be smart enough to make a Dwarf beard grow back."

He then looks the Dragonborn up and down as if completely willing to speak for her but trying to make sure he doesn't say anything that will turn him into an evening snack, still unsure if her kind is more human or dragon and convinced that this "magistrate" person, in fancy words, said something about people being there soon to feed her. Finally he looks away, back to the magistrate with a bit of a nod and shrug.

"Dragon lady come too once belly is full of this 'bail out'."

Seeming tostand up straighter and puff up his chest as if it will make him bigger and imposing. "Now. You will give us things and tell Bilkar where the Sage beds down."

tglassy

Adventurer
"Yer not fer worrying about me beard, ye little...um...guy." Horror dawned on Al as he realized he'd always used a little magic to give his insults more umph. Without the magic,he felt...naked.

"We've got to get to this durned sage, 'afore I start goin' mad."

Sent from my iPad using EN World

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Too late," Ssz'irac whispers quietly in response to the dwarf, and with a smile he turns to the others.

"I do believe we have not been properly introduced," the drow says smoothly. "My name is Ssz'irac, and I come from the Promenade of the Dark Maiden where my twin sister is a high ranking priestess of good Eilistraee. You need not fear me, I do not follow the evil ways of most of my kin. So, shall we aid this good fellow here, hopefully regaining our magic along the way?"

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
w0idjp.jpg

Arabel/Gaol
Afternoon
Round 0

Zuleyka rolled her eyes as Ssz’irac’s words. She was still new to the Promenade and Eilistraee. The hold of Lolth was strong on a drow female. But it wasn’t like she could return to Menzoberranzan after rejecting her proper place in the priesthood to study bladesong. Eilistraee had naked dancing. That was a plus.

“I’m not his twin sister,” Zuleyka clarified. “I’m no priestess.”

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Bonus Action:
Free Object Interaction:
Concentration:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 7/7
AC: 13

Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Fire Bolt, Green Flame Blade, Shocking Grasp
L1 (1/2): Absorb Elements, Burning Hands*, Disguise Self*, Magic Missile, Shield*, Sleep
[/sblock]

Greenmtn

Explorer
Bilkkar Gnome Druid

Bilkar listens to the dark skinned Elves biker about titles... curious as to what this evil the male mentioned was and why it was mentioned if only to be denied. And that same mentioning and denial of being of the same pack. Maybe they were mates? Either way strange creatures they were.

Nodding quickly and deciding to follow their example "Bilkar is Bilkar. Bilkar is animal. Bilkar is not lightening bug." He states matter-of-factually.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Rilla stands up to her full height. "These are not the courts I am used to, but I submit to your justice. Magic is life to me, I will see this sage and listen to his piece. I cannot risk the loss of my magic."

OOC: Sorry for my absence, I kept thinking I checked these threads when I hadn't.

EarlyBird

Explorer
The relief on the magistrate's face is plain, as everyone agrees to the parole terms. He mounts quickly and has a watchman bring a prisoner wagon around to use as a quicker way of getting to the sages home. He apologizes as you are unshackled and loaded into the vehicle.

The ride is truly a bumpy one as you travel along the cobblestones of the city. At the odd speed there is no time for conversation, just a lot of swearing and hanging on for dear life. When the wide ride is finally over, you are a bit sore and more than a little frazzled.

The stone two story dwelling is unremarkable and slightly run down. The grounds before the home hold a short garden, choked with weeds, but still growing a variety of herbs and wildflowers. Inside the house has the feel of an old home that hasn't been lived in for half a century. Everything has a small layer of dust except the stairs leading to the second level. It is these steps that the magistrate climbs and beckons you all to follow. He opens a well oiled door at the top of the steps into a grand chamber...

785276646085089940.jpg

The room is a cornucopia of magical treasure. Items adore the walls, floor and ceiling. An old human man sits behind a huge table waving his hands over something that glows to bright to tell what it is. A large almost plain chest (compared to the items in the room), sits open in the middle of the floor. "Your weapons and other gear are there." the magistrate tells you as you fan out in front of the table. And everything is there, except for Zaleyka's rapier.

Before she can demand it, the sage speaks up. "Your weapon had his blood on it. Blood I could use to learn more about him, even perhaps find him." The glowing dies down and the drow's rapier sits upon the table looking brand new.

"I have learned so much about Mad Merrim from the blood magic. But you aren't here for that you wish to know about the spell, the one that steals away your magic. Or failing that turns you into a walking candle stick. Ha ha. Yes, yes I know the spell, I have found out all about the Curse of Forgetfulness."

OOC: So here is the spell, which of the course of the next half hour or so he will tell you about. Figured you could read this and then ask your questions about it from there.

[sblock=New Spell]
Curse of Forgetfulness
8th-level enchantment

Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 60 feet or touch
Components: V, S
Duration: delayed 1d4 rounds, then cursed until removed

By means of this spell, the wizard bestows a special curse on another creature that destroys their innate magical ability to cast spells. Lost cantrips cannot be relearned and lost spell slots may not be regained, although new slots through leveling may be obtained.

When this spell is cast all creatures in a 30' radius from the target must make a CON save or become infected as follows:
- Starting round 1 the target is affected as if faerie fire were cast upon them.
- Then 1d4 rounds later they lose a random cantrip they know. (Use the d4 as the way to randomly determine which) And the faerie fire ends.
- Every 5 days afterward they roll another save or lose an additional random cantrip or a spell slot of the lowest level they can cast. This continues until they lose all magical ability. Leveling up is a way to gain spell levels and new cantrips, but they will be vunlerable to the curse when it comes around once more.
-A creature touched by the caster has disavantage on their CON save. Normal melee attack.

A creature that succeeds on their save or has no innate spellcasting ability is lightly faerie fire (equivalent of a candle), until the curse is removed. This has no mechanical effect on the character like the spell does, they simple glow as bright as a candle. And since the curse is not feeding off the targets magical energy a remove curse or greater restoration spell works as normal.

A remove curse cannot remove this affliction as it feeds and gains strength, only a greater restoration spell cast with a lvl 8 slot, or a wish spell may remove the curse. And does so one target at a time. The reverse of this spell Bestow Remembrance will remove the curse from every person in a 30' radius under the effects of a Curse of Forgetfulness spell. All knowledge of lost cantrips or innate magical ability is restored to the target.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases