D&D 5E EB's Storm King's Thunder - IC

EarlyBird

Explorer
Storm King's Thunder
by Wizards of the Coast

bbo0aAF.jpg

A few short years ago, evil dragons stirred into action by their dark queen, Tiamat, threatened the settlements of the Savage Frontier for a time. Ultimately, they were defeated and forced to withdraw to their lairs, while Tiamat was banished back to the Nine Hells. Fear of the dragons' wrath has faded quickly with the coming of the newest threat: giants. The peoples of the North are no strangers to giant incursions. Frost giants have long claimed the Spine of the World as their demesne, and hill giants are known to scrounge for food in the untamed hills.

But in the past couple of months, giants of every kind have emerged from their strongholds in force to threaten civilization as never before and not just frost giants and hill giants, but also stone giants, fire giants, and cloud giants. All of these giants are in an uproar, but for what reason is still unknown at this time. Reports of giant attacks throughout the North have reached the coastal cities of Luskan, Neverwinter, and Waterdeep, stoking fears that the giants are waging war against the humans, dwarves, elves, and other small folk of the North.

All the talk throughout the marketplaces and tavern halls of Waterdeep is about the giants, but this is not the topic Veradda Stoor has called you to The Jade Jug for. She wants to talk about treasure, specifically the lost treasure the Cult of the Dragon amassed for the return of Tiamat. She has found the location of a stash nearby and is offering each of you a share to help her in retrieving it.

[sblock=Party]
Searinox; male half-elven wizard (bladesinger)
Fareon Wolfrider; male halfling barbarian (totem warrior), accompanied by "Wolf"
Wilhelm; male human warlock (undying)
Darian Harte; male human rogue (swashbuckler)
Buddy; male human cleric (arcane)
Therysilla; female drow paladin (oath of the crown)[/sblock]

Links:
OOC
RG

EarlyBird

Explorer
Veradda Stoor.jpg "... it was left near Waterdeep when a group of cultist traveled this way." the half-elven woman Veradda Stoor was saying as she turned the mug of ale around in her hand. The nervousness was not like the Veradda those of you who have meet her before remember. She was a daring treasure hunter off on another adventure, but now in the common room of The Jade Jug, she was acting almost like a love sickened teenager.

"My sources are good, and they... they said that a couple greedy cultist stashed away a wagon load of treasure in a cave not two days from here."

[sblock=OOC]
Not enogh time for more, sorry.
Everyone please describe your characters and add in what they are drinking as it may give a little insight into the character.[/sblock]

tglassy

Adventurer
Buddy sat at the table with Veradda and some others he didn’t know, drinking ale. He finished his in record time, of course, and began searching about for another, not really paying attention to what Veradda was saying. He was thirsty, dang it, and he needed another ale.

He didn’t want to spend the money on another ale, though. He looked beside him, to the halfling sitting next to him. He had half an ale left. He cleared his throat and focused on a point on the far side of the room. A loud pop sounded, drawing attention from everyone at the table. He coughed again, deftly switching his near empty mug with the halfling’s more full one.

OOC: Minor Illusion to make the pop. Sleight of Hand: [roll0]

“I’m bored, Vada,” he said, shortening her name. “What’s the catch? There’s always a catch.”

Sent from my iPad using EN World

Last edited:

"What is this you are saying, Veradda?" The handsome young nobleman asks as he sits down with a glass of wine. "The young lass over there in the green dress fancies me and I intend to walk her home when her shift ends." As he indicates which barmaid he was referring to, he gives the girl a playful wink of his ocean blue eyes that always seems to keep the lasses interested. He takes another drink and lets the wine slide down slowly. "Shame this place doesn't have a better vintage."

Next to him sat a Half-elven Male, though with his ears barely visible due to his wavey dark blond hair it was hard to tell. As he turned back from looking where the sound came from he toke a drink from his tankard with Heavy Dark ale as he gave Darian a small knock against his shoulder. "I Hope this adventure you were talking about wasn't beeing your wingman, again."

Seeing no significance in the swapping of glasses, Darien overacts looking hurt, "You wound me, Seari. When have I... I mean I don't alway... Well, initially we came here to see Veradda about adventure. Young Elana over there is just a bonus." After a puase, "Elana? Elaina? Allanon? Something like that."

OOC: I suppose that's pronounced Siri. :)

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
The young human man wearing a slightly oversized suit of studded leather armor and sporting an unkempt mop of black hair sits quietly, looking at the others at this table with curiosity and some awe in his eyes. He had met the halfling before, Fareon and he travelling together ever since their run-in with those savages, but the others are new and interesting.

Having just finished his first ale, Wilhelm's head spins slightly, the drink more potent than the watered down brew his adoptive parents sparingly gave him. When a strange sound pops from somewhere off, his gaze immediately goes to the spot and, upon seeing nothing there, returns to the table. His hand had grasped the pack sitting next to his chair without conscious thought, the feel of the grimoire still inside putting his mind at ease.

Wait... Wasn't that Fareon's mug in the hands of, what's-his-name, Buddy?

Wilhelm isn't sure, and decides to try and find out. Silently muttering an incantation, the fledgling warlock imagines his own mug to be half-full again, then focuses his attention and pulls the image into existence before him. Sure enough, it appears to contain liquid again! As he pushes the mug away from him a bit as if having enough, Wilhelm turns to Veradda.

"One missing wagonload of treasure will not harm the Cult's goals much, I imagine. But it could surely aid rebuilding Greenest after the attack. What's your plan?"

OOC: Casting Minor Illusion to create an image of ale in my mug. :)

hero4hire

Explorer
Fareon glanced in the direction of the noise and then back to the collection of people at the table. He picked up his mug. He never acquired a taste for beer or ale that the humans and dwarves seemed to enjoy so much. He found the taste foul. But he did bring with him some Kumis; fermented mares milk he had picked up from the Plainsmen of the Shaar. He picked up his tankard and took a sip. His face screwed into a look of confusion.
After a moment of contemplation he dumped the remaining contents on the floor. He then retrieved a cured rothe bladder from his belongings and refilled his mug with the milky liquid.

Sent from my [device_name] using EN World mobile app

EarlyBird

Explorer
OOC: Note: Events in this adventure take place about two years after the attack at Greenest. BUt glad some of you know enough to help with adding in a bit here and there, that will be awesome.

Veradda doesn't seem to notice the horse play or comments at the table. She seems to be focusing on something (a speech she might have prepared, but isn't using perhaps), and she calls for another round she continues. "A wagon load of treasure is more than enough for everyone to split and live off comfortably for months. And with it being such a large hall I have to suppose it is guarded by traps and monsters of all kinds. You can't be to cautious if you wish to spend the treasure you seek." she adds in an old adventure saying for emphasis. "I have a wagon, horse, and other supplies ready. What I really have need of is people to watch my back that I trust. This is why I have invited you all here."

She looks at the silent drow and gives her a warm smile. "Rumor has it you are one of the most trustworthy Templars of Tyr. I would ask if you could please join us."

OOC: Therysilla gets the same warm sensation she received in the temple and when Buddy came to find her. She knows somehow deep down this is part of the path she has been set upon.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases