D&D 5E EB's ToEE and RttToEE Campaign - IC

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
20zcwso.jpg

Hommlet/Inn of the Welcome Wench
25 Goodmonth
7:50 AM
Round 0

"Emmyr dear, I am expecting someone to come up to take the chest at some stage. Please be a lamb and don't decapitate them." Lady Rebekah winked at the surprised dwarf.

Emmyr opened his mouth, closed it, then opened it again to speak. “Ay, milady…” he nodded. He still didn’t like the look of these two strangers.

“An’ ‘oo says we be lookin’ t’ get rich?” Emmyr muttered, his hands not leaving his axes. He eyed up the big guy, working out all the best ways to take him down. “‘arder t’ get rich splittin’ six ways than four, any’ows.”

[sblock=Party Loot]
16 sp
10 cp
Blue quartz, 10 gp
Necklace 200 gp (Rana)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Emmyr’s Rolls & Actions]
Move:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Conditions:
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Initiative: +1
Perception: 10
Speed: 25
AC: 16
HP: 23/23 HD: 2/2d10+3
Second Wind (1/R): 1d10+2 hp
Action Surge (1/R)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Lady Rebekah - half elf bard charlatan noble
Gwylla - half elf wizard
Hexeiros - dragonborn fighter
Rana - feylock
Zanword - human fighter pirate
Aridhe - human moon druid
Templeton - human rogue ratcatcher
[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemies]
[/sblock]

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"I do remember Javin talking to the teamster when we arrived in town. The man did say something about bandits in the north, that it wasn't safe. He lost a cart and some men, apparently."
That last caught the old girl's interest, enough to make her (momentarily) forget about mysterious masked dragonborns: “Captured?”

hero4hire

Explorer
Templeton finally finished eating. The droning of his half hum/half chew ceased leaving an awkward silence as he appraised his now bloated and distended belly.
"Lived by yerself in the swamps didja Mum?" He said to Jana as he stood up with a groan. Before she answered he eyed the necklace that was being contended. "Let's have a looksie at you my beauty." He strode over closer and extended a grubby hand. "By your leave Muther?"

Sent from my SM-G950U using EN World mobile app

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
Templeton took the locket carefully, almost reverently. "Nah Mum. I wouldn't be for asking then. Just taking...quiet like." He inspected the locket with a trained eye. Looking for not just its relative worth and craftmanship, but if the trinket had any unseen catches or secrets held within.

EarlyBird

Explorer
Bekah & Emmyr

Turuko.jpg "I see," Turuko said with a frown. Bowing again in the odd eastern-Kara-Tur way he turns to leave. "If you should change your mind me and Kobort are staying just down the hall, here."

The big man pushes past Emmyr (only cause he doesn't fit otherwise) and the two depart towards the stairs to the common room.

Emmyr watches them as they go and then sees a gangling young porter coming up the same stairs. The dwarf dismisses the man (not wanting to spend the silver for his service), and hefts the now lighter chest, down and outside with the new adventueress in tow.

Standing on the porch of the Inn of the Welcome Wench, Bekah asks, "To the tailors first then?"

"Oh, I am but your humble servant mi'lady,"
the dwarf answers with a hint of sarcassm. "I go where you lead."

EarlyBird

Explorer
Aridha & Zanword

The first important stop for the duo is the woodcutter's cottage.

It is not at all what Zanword had been expecting.

Use to the grand lumber yards of the shipbuilding cities of the Azure Sea, this lone building with it few stacks of firewood, cord, and planks is anything but a "grand operation". But in a village of only about sixty, most of whom cut their own wood, it is a lot for his one man operation.

Finding him where one would expect (chopping wood for fires), Zanword asks his questions to Tarim the woodcutter. His answers are short, as he says he is busy (often), and doesn't know if anyone else would be interested in clearing out the woods, but he will gladly reward whoever can get him back into the Westwoods safely.

Tarim.jpg "Now as to the monsters," he says putting the axe on his shoulder and wiping the sweat from his brow. "Them I know. Seen them more than once, barely escaped each time. So that's when I went and decided to never go back."

He shivers as a bad memory fills his thoughts. "It were spiders. Giant spiders, to be sure."

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Nah Mum. I wouldn't be for asking then. Just taking...quiet like."
“You need to train your devious side then, child,” replied the witch, not unkindly. (Well, maybe not entirely unkindly).

She was a bit distracted though: “Is there *anybody* alive in this world anymore?” she questioned the inn at large, clinking metal on bowl with increased fervor -- and volume.

“And yes, that was the plan,” she snapped at Templeton. “To live alone in the swamp,” she added to Dirt Boy’s questioning look. A pause. A sigh... “It was a good plan too.”

Last edited:

Remove ads