• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E EB's ToEE and RttToEE Campaign - IC

industrygothica

Adventurer
Hexiros stands and holds out his hand. "If you'll hand me your dishes Lady Rana, I'll find someone to refill them for you. I promise they won't ignore me for long when I start wondering around the common room."

EarlyBird

Explorer
Hexiros, Templeton, Gwylla, and Rana

As Hexiros and Rana speak, Templeton tinkers with the locket, and locating a hidin spring he 'pops' it open. His hands full he is unable to catch the small piece of engraved bronze that falls out onto the table.

The noise gets Gwylla's attention and she looks up long enough to see the engraving and then curisouly picks it up. "She is very pretty, is she someone you know?" she asks Templeton in a light tone.

Before he can answer her, there is a knock at the door, and following Rana's raspy "Come in," a portly man of middle years enters with a grin.

Ostler.jpg "Ostler Gundigoot, at your service," he introduces himself, and then gives a short bow. "Sorry as to making introductions so late in the day, but it has been a busy morning here at the Welcome Wench." He comes over and eyes the table. "I see you enjoyed your breakfast. Usually it is more than four can eat, but you all seem to have done just fine, just fine. The Mrs. will be pleased. Now what is it I can do for you and your party Miss.. Misses..."

A look of shock enters his face as he finally brings his eyes level with Rana. "By all that is... It's the Green Witch!"

OOC: Told you that when you were recognized you would know.

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
As Hexiros and Rana speak, Templeton tinkers with the locket, and locating a hidin spring he 'pops' it open. His hands full he is unable to catch the small piece of engraved bronze that falls out onto the table.

The noise gets Gwylla's attention and she looks up long enough to see the engraving and then curisouly picks it up. "She is very pretty, is she someone you know?" she asks Templeton in a light tone.

Before he can answer her, there is a knock at the door, and following Rana's raspy "Come in," a portly man of middle years enters with a grin.

View attachment 88861 "Ostler Gundigoot, at your service," he introduces himself, and then gives a short bow. "Sorry as to making introductions so late in the day, but it has been a busy morning here at the Welcome Wench." He comes over and eyes the table. "I see you enjoyed your breakfast. Usually it is more than four can eat, but you all seem to have done just fine, just fine. The Mrs. will be pleased. Now what is it I can do for you and your party Miss.. Misses..."

A look of shock enters his face as he finally brings his eyes level with Rana. "By all that is... It's the Green Witch!"

OOC: Told you that when you were recognized you would know.

Templeton eyed the Innkeeper and then the Witch and gave a brief chuckle before answering Gwynna. "Na' me Miss. May I have a looksie then?"/COLOR]

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"And you are of course honoured to have such a distinguished guest at your humble inn." Not a trace of a question mark at the end of that.

She waited, hands loose over her absurdly gnarled cane, as power slowly gathered around her figure like... Like the buzzing of flies.

Shayuri

First Post
"Giant spiders," Aridha repeats thoughtfully. Living in the country meant she had no fear of spiders herself, but she still didn't fancy meeting one big enough to attack a human being. "Right, well..."

She pulled Zanword aside and said, "Lets talk tae the druid before we promise anyone tae kill 'em all. Spiders ken seem scary tae some folk, but they could be keepin' something even worse in check."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Giant spiders," Aridha repeats thoughtfully. Living in the country meant she had no fear of spiders herself, but she still didn't fancy meeting one big enough to attack a human being. "Right, well..."

She pulled Zanword aside and said, "Lets talk tae the druid before we promise anyone tae kill 'em all. Spiders ken seem scary tae some folk, but they could be keepin' something even worse in check."

"Good thinking! Like you may not overfish an area or the whales will disappear with them."

Turning back to the man.

"Thank you, my good man. We will be back to discuss the details once we talk to the others. Who would you think would be most interested in clearing out the woods?"

OOC: Druids next on our shopping list anyhow :) Here is the original post, I'll keep the details blocked so I don't have to look for it every time

[sblock=Wood industry]
Woodcutter: willing to reward; SPIDERS!

From there they follow the track south and take a detour to the druid grove, just as a courtesy call to introduce themselves. After that they follow the main road north and turn eastward visiting wainwright and carpenters shops.

Shortly taking a look at the tower (look at the size of that thing!) they return to the main road and pass over the bridge to visit cabinet maker and traders cottage to see if anyone knows anything else.

Finally, they look for the foreman at the building site to check if he has problems with lack of wood.

From all of them (except the druid) he asks how the monsters affect their job, what are the wood prices, do they know anything about the monsters. At the very end, he asks what would they offer to be rid of the problems (if any).

He is interested in talking to the priest and the druid, both might have some more information about the monsters or offer advice, help or whatever.
[/sblock]

EarlyBird

Explorer
Taken back by the civil tone Ostler looks perplexed a moment.

Ostler.jpg "I've heard... heard stories of what became of you after Big Gill past," the man says cautiously. Then Rana remembers the name Ostler Gundigoot, he was a young stable lad that Gill trained after his father said he should learn everything about the operation of an inn. Then barely sixteen the older man before her once more reminds her of the years she has sacrificed for the power she now wields. "The worst was that you steal the souls of travelers to prolong your vitality. And that a coven of hags cater to your beck and call."

Suddenly his eyes widen in some just realized horror. "Does Marin know your here?" he asks anxiously. "I don't wish to be around when she does find out."

EarlyBird

Explorer
The woodsman says that the carpenter was very interested in the deklo grove a few weeks ago,

Moving to the next area of their self-tour of the village they are greeted by Jaroo Ashstaff a human druid, who is flanked by a very dark black bear.

Jaroo.jpg "Greetings in the name of Beory, Mother of the Earth and Seas," he says formally at this first meeting. "I am Jaroo, and I welcome you to..." the druid notices the medallion worn by Aridha and bows low at the waste his eyes on the ground as he says, "A special welcome to you Neuma-Luvese, my strength and blood are yours."

He rises and looks over at Zanword. "Is this your warden then? The Sea Knight?" He asks curiously.

OOC: Neuma-Luvese Sylvan
Moon Prison or to Trap the Moon
spoken like an important title
hard to emphasize/dialect in pbp

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"May the Mother provides you with plentiful harvest and full nets for all your days." answers Zanword equally formal, showing his amulet. But he then retreats, letting two druids discuss druidic things.

Shayuri

First Post
Aridha opened her mouth, then closed it again, at a loss for words. She remembered her lessons in the Sylvan tongue from when she'd been training with the druids, but this didn't sound like just a casual name being thrown around.

"I, uh, well he's jest a friend," she started out, already flustered. Warden? What, was she in jail now? "I'm Aridha. He's Zanword. We're here about...bandits and gnolls and spid...yeh know what? Let me back up. Rana brought us up here on account of one of her premmunition things. She's a witch, yeh see. Swamp witch. Good person, but prickly."

"Anyway. That's not why we're here. I mean, here, at your place. We're here tae ask about the spiders. The, uh, big ones. In the woods. There's people what want us tae kill 'em off or drive 'em off so they ken get at the wood in there. I figured that yeh'd be the one tae ask about that though. Would gettin' rid of those spiders make more harm than good?"

Remove ads