• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E EB's ToEE and RttToEE Campaign - IC

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"And then what?! We leave him bound here to get eaten by the rats?! Or let him go to work his evil elsewhere? He's headed for violent death either way, we can shorten the way and lessen the harm he does." Zanword starts another attack...but then stops with at sigh
"It seems you live, bandit...you're lucky we're not on the ship. Drop your weapon. Templeton! Get that bitch to surrender! Aridha, could you move that fire over to the rats?"

[sblock=Actions]
Ready action to cut the bandit
[roll=Attack]1d20+5[/roll]
[roll=Damage]1d6+3[/roll]
[/sblock]

OOC: Just for the record, in the middle ages bandits didn't get mercy, rarely even a trial, they would be killed. It was kings justice all the same. And it wouldn't be evil act, we're in combat and even if he surrendered, trial would end in his death. What do we do with him after interrogation? If we leave him, either something eats him or he gets free. If we let him free, he can rat on us to his cultist friends. Or do some more evil far from here.

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Moathouse
26 Goodmonth
2:33 PM
Round 5

“He dunnae deserve t’ live,” Emmyr growled, glaring at the bandit captain, but he held off his blow for now. If the man made anything so much as a twitch toward another member of the party, Emmyr was going to cut his head off, though.

[sblock=Emmyr’s Rolls & Actions]
Move:
Action: Ready Attack Bandit Captain
Handaxe attack and damage: 1D20+5 = [11]+5 = 16
1D6+3 = [6]+3 = 9

Bonus Action:
Object Interaction:
Action Surge:
Conditions: Aid (8h; +5 max hp)
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Initiative: +1
Perception: 10
Speed: 25
AC: 16
HP: 28/28 (28/33) HD: 3/3d10+3
Second Wind (1/R): 1d10+3 hp
Action Surge (1/R)*
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Loot]
29 gp
79 sp
81 cp
Blue quartz, 10 gp
Music box: 20 gp (100 gp if repaired)(Templeton)
Cracked helm (1 gp scrap)
Blue spinnel gemstone, 400 gp (Emmyr)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Lady Rebekah - half elf bard charlatan noble
Gwylla - half elf wizard
Hexeiros - dragonborn fighter
Rana - feylock
Zanword - human fighter pirate
Aridhe - human moon druid
Templeton - human rogue ratcatcher
[/sblock]

EarlyBird

Explorer
At the dwarf's words the bandit captain tries flee. The dwarf gets in a solid blow, and the thug growls out.

"Worse for me if Lareth learns of my failure. Worse for you when you meet him!" with that he takes his own blade and strikes it deep into his gut. "See all of you in hell!"

The rats have mostly scattered but a few are starting to crawl over the bandit corpses that feel earlier.

Meanwhile the bandit knows he won't escape the rogue and tries to defend himself with his mace.

OOC: Bandit captain is dead.
atk Templeton
[roll0]
[roll1]

Group is up.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Zanword is stunned by the bandits act. "If they are afraid of this Lareth so much, we're truly dealing with the demonic. I've never seen a pirate prefer immediate death over capture even with certain death penalty." He goes to support Templeton, pushing into melee with his shield, distracting the bandit.
"Your boss killed himself. You could consider saving us some time and do the same. Or you could answer some questions and try to get out of the swamp alive."

OOC: double move into melee, reaction to protect Templeton

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Moathouse
26 Goodmonth
2:33 PM
Round 6

Emmyr stared down at the bandit captain. “Huh. ‘oo the fock is Lareth?” he wondered.

The dwarf looked over to Lady Rebekah. “Ye alroight, milady?” he asked her, hearing sounds of the ratcatcher still fighting, and seeing Zanward rush off. “S’pose I shuild gae ‘elp ‘em oot. Be back.”

Emmyr retrieved his other handaxe and rushed Zanward.

[sblock=Emmyr’s Rolls & Actions]
Move: Probably double move
Action:
Bonus Action:
Object Interaction:
Action Surge:
Conditions: Aid (8h; +5 max hp)
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Initiative: +1
Perception: 10
Speed: 25
AC: 16
HP: 28/28 (28/33) HD: 3/3d10+3
Second Wind (1/R): 1d10+3 hp
Action Surge (1/R)*
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Loot]
29 gp
79 sp
81 cp
Blue quartz, 10 gp
Music box: 20 gp (100 gp if repaired)(Templeton)
Cracked helm (1 gp scrap)
Blue spinnel gemstone, 400 gp (Emmyr)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Lady Rebekah - half elf bard charlatan noble
Gwylla - half elf wizard
Hexeiros - dragonborn fighter
Rana - feylock
Zanword - human fighter pirate
Aridhe - human moon druid
Templeton - human rogue ratcatcher
[/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
Hexiros is shocked by the bandit's actions, and is momentarily frozen. What matter of man is it that another will sacrifice himself rather than risk his ire, he wonders.

Seeing the others rush the one remaining, the dragonborn simply turns away while they finish their grim task.

Code:
[B]AC:[/B] 16; [B]HP:[/B] [COLOR=#FF000]18[/COLOR]/28
[B]Initiative:[/B] -1
[B]Saves:[/B] STR +5, CON +4
[B]Passive Perception:[/B] 11
[B]Languages:[/B] Common, Draconian
[B]Current XP:[/B] 425
[B]Level:[/B] 1

[B]Skills:[/B] Animal Handling +3, Athletics +5, Perception +3, Survival +3
[B]Stats:[/B] Str 17 (+3), Dex 8 (-1), Con 14 (+2), Int 10 (+0), Wis 12 (+1), Cha 14 (+2)

-[B]Inspiration[/B]? [[COLOR=#FF0000]X[/COLOR]] Yes, [] No
-[B]Second Wind[/B]? [[COLOR=#FF0000]X[/COLOR]] Available, [] Used
-[B]Breath Weapon[/B]? [] Available, [[COLOR=#FF0000]X[/COLOR]]Used
-[B]Superiority Dice Available:[/B] 2/4

EarlyBird

Explorer
The bandit seeing the group emerge from the other room drops his mace and falls to his knees.

"Please! please let me live good sirs! I'll stop my evil ways I will! I have wanted so long to get out of this horrible life! I'll repent! I'll never take up another weapon again or hurt another soul, for as long as I live!"

OOC: Combat over

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
Templeton stroked his chin. "So this bloke tried to run. But to a corner?" He walked behind the bandit and began to inspect the corner.

Ooc: Search check please EB.
Templeton has advantage with Perception and Investigation for Secret Doors or passages.

Sent from my [device_name] using EN World mobile app

Remove ads