[Eclipse Phase] Saturian Scavengers

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
Epic
If there is time and room, the VR pods are probably worth taking, but they're not going to be quick to remove. The table is probably more effort than it's worth.

[Jane: Dig around and see if you can find the schematics for the VR pods, if we have time to remove them I want their wiring / bolting diagrams handy.]

With that assessment made, Rover will stand clear of the door and to the side, but obviously ready to move in.

Your muse returns schematics for the VR pods. They're standard pods; unhook the power connectors and unfasten the bolts attaching it to the deck plates and they will move around...if you have the muscle.

Maybe we could keep the table for ourselves...

Zeph moves to the opposite side of the door as Cade and uses his many senses in an attempt to discern what might be waiting on the other side.

Aside from the aforementioned beeping and the soft whisper of the air handling systems, you don't hear anything that would cause you to believe anything is waiting in ambush on the other side of the door. You can detect a faint odor of disinfectant, but since the signage indicates the sick bay is on the other side of the door, that doesn't seem unusual.

Approaching the gaming table "Im going to hack the table and see if it is attached to the ships systems, if not ill try the VR Pods"

The table is only hooked into the ship's systems for power; all of its programming is internal and independent. The VR pods are also hooked in for power, but they do have a wireless connection that allows them to download updates and new scenarios. It appears that they are only connected to GDS-43 Torus in the most minimal way necessary to make them mesh-enabled; they're isolated from all the station's other systems for network security purposes.

Friadoc

Explorer
Since he feels it's clear, or as clear as it could seem, Cade turns from cover and enters the room with the beeping. His senses and sensors at the ready, he gives the room a quick inspection before calling it clear for others to follow.

JediSoth

Epic
Since he feels it's clear, or as clear as it could seem, Cade turns from cover and enters the room with the beeping. His senses and sensors at the ready, he gives the room a quick inspection before calling it clear for others to follow.

The next room is a medical facility. Two of the three beds against the wall are unoccupied. The third contains a dessicated body; were it not for the massive amounts of blood soaked into the bed at the ruined stump of the neck, the mummified appearance of the body would make him obviously dead. The corpse appears to be that of a male, probably mid-30s by appearance. What was once his head is splatted against the wall, the blood dark and dried, barely masking the scorch mark of a small explosion. It has all the classic earmarks of an emergency farcaster activation.

The beeping you heard since entering GDS-43 Torus is louder here. You trace the sound to a small box lying on top of one of the cabinets. It looks like some sort of recording device.

Other than that, the medical bay is in pristine condition. All the cabinets are closed, all the countertops are clean and orderly, aside from a layer of dust.

Friadoc

Explorer
[Dinah, I'm launching a saucer to do an initial survey of that record...collect and compile all observables with priority based on potential hazards and threats followed by relevant manufacturers markings, model specs, and the like.]

[Affirmative, Cade.]

With his off hand, Cade removes a disc from a sleeved-pouch at the small of his back and throws it out before him. It's ionic drives kick in, stabilizing it before it moves higher up to observe the beeping unit.

OOC: Would you like a perception roll for the muse using the saucer or myself?

JediSoth

Epic
[Dinah, I'm launching a saucer to do an initial survey of that record...collect and compile all observables with priority based on potential hazards and threats followed by relevant manufacturers markings, model specs, and the like.]

[Affirmative, Cade.]

With his off hand, Cade removes a disc from a sleeved-pouch at the small of his back and throws it out before him. It's ionic drives kick in, stabilizing it before it moves higher up to observe the beeping unit.

OOC: Would you like a perception roll for the muse using the saucer or myself?

If your muse is in control of the saucer, then you should roll for the muse.

As you all investigate the medical lab, you hear a chime come over the habitat's PA system. It is followed by a voice, "It is now twenty-one hundred hours. Sleep cycle lighting will be activated in thirty minutes. Please observe Noise Regulations for the next ten hours. Have a pleasant rest and a make a better tomorrow!"

Friadoc

Explorer
OOC: My Muse has a perception score of 30 and the saucer robot has enhanced hearing and enhanced vision both of which are +20 to perception related to those sense. The saucer also has radar and 360-vision, should either of those been applicable.

JediSoth

Epic
OOC: My Muse has a perception score of 30 and the saucer robot has enhanced hearing and enhanced vision both of which are +20 to perception related to those sense. The saucer also has radar and 360-vision, should either of those been applicable.

The recording device is pretty standard, though it seems odd for a scientific facility like this to have a stand-alone recording device instead of just using their computers. It appears to be the type of device one would use to record a holographic journal and appears to be password protected.

(I'm posting this to save the draft...there will be more forthcoming)

Remove ads