D&D General Ed Greenwood's Original Forgotten Realms Map

Alex Kammer, the director of Gamehole Con, has shared some photos of the original map of the Forgotten Realms as drawn by Ed Greenwood himself, with Sage Advice D&D. More images at the link!

IMG_7931.jpg

fr2.jpg

fr5.jpg

Last edited:

What an artifact!

Anyone know what's written under Waterdeep? I can read Undermountain, but the rest are a scrawl. The second might be The Bhaal-something possibly, and the third Dungeon of ???

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
What an artifact!

Anyone know what's written under Waterdeep? I can read Undermountain, but the rest are a scrawl. The second might be The Bhaal-something possibly, and the third Dungeon of ???
Not sure what the last thing is, but I'm pretty sure 1st is "incl. Undermountain", 2nd is "The Blackstaff".

Hehe, the 3rd one kind of looks like it starts with "Burger" to me :p

EDIT - also on the click thru, I love the island of Nimbral! it's always been one of my favorite FR locations, so love seeing in his hand-drawn map

collin

Explorer
Wow, that is really cool to see.

I think its kind of funny that I like the look of this map better than what was actually published by TSR in the boxed sets.

I agree. I might be willing to part with some serious $$ if this were reproduced and sold. I love the detail to artwork, such as with the mountains. The time it must have taken to draw all of that ...

pukunui

Legend
Not sure what the last thing is, but I'm pretty sure 1st is "incl. Undermountain", 2nd is "The Blackstaff".

Hehe, the 3rd one kind of looks like it starts with "Burger" to me :p

EDIT - also on the click thru, I love the island of Nimbral! it's always been one of my favorite FR locations, so love seeing in his hand-drawn map
I think the third one is “Dungeon of the Crypt”.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases