Edwyd's Pie Parade Brigade II [DM: Rae] [Judge: Trouvere]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
The wagon creaks as it begins to move, slowly, awkwardly turning around in the narrow, crowded street.

Arthur vanishes into the merchant stalls, carrying the pie.

Karl advances toward the half-giant, senseless verbage pouring from his lips. The half-giant looks more irritated than distracted. He shouts, "Silence! Where is the pie... I do not see it, where is it?!" He moves from his spot to get a better look, and he almost catches a glimpse of the surreptitious Arthur.

But Karl, knowing a thing or two about keeping things out of sight, places his body just so, directly in the half-giant's line of sight, obscuring Arthur's getaway just enough.

The half-giant, seeing that the pie has eluded him, roars in frustration. What few people are present duck behind their stalls or scatter, disappearing into side streets. "You stole my pie! I will crush you!"

OOC: initiative!

epicbob

Explorer
Arthur Human Rogue 1

OOC: If I really was Arthur right now, I would have streaked my pants. That was REAL close! Just to be sure, will I need to make any other rolls to stay hidden or is there enough going on that the Half-Giant wouldn't see me anyway?

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I am so going to feel this in the morning!

"Good sir, You really don't need to do this.I am Karl, by the way. Please remain sensible and simply walk to the pastry shop and order your own."

'I wonder what are they going to put on my gravestone?' wonders Karl.

full round action: full defense mode

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Karl manages to anticipate the half-giant and steel himself for the huge fellow's attack.

He charges at Karl, enraged, club raised high. It comes crashing down on Karl's head with all the force you would expect from a crazed half-giant. Even though Karl was able to raise his hands in time to try to deflect the blow, the huge strength behind it simply overpowers the human and breaks through his defenses. (12 non-lethal damage to Karl, he has 3/15 hit points.)

People are scattering and shouting. A woman shrieks shrilly. The giant looks at the battered human before him, beaten but still standing, and a look of dreadful realization seems to fill the giant's eyes as the gravity of what he has just done overwhelms him.

Karl...

(Arthur should also roll initiative, even if he's just gonna stay hidden.)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Karl realizes that it is the lure of the famously delectable pastry the clouds the mind of the poor fellow. He stands dizzily and looks at the remorseful face of the hungry half giant and says, "I understand and that is why I forgive you. perhaps if you simply go to the shop and buy a dozen pastries for yourself, you will be all right."

Remove ads