• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Egg of the Phoenix Module?

Hi all,

Picked up Egg of the Phoenix for dirt cheap (and in near-mint condition!) and I was wondering what impressions ENWorlders have had regarding this module?

Is there an entry under the Quasqueton series?

Haloq Jakar

First Post
I ran it as a RPGA judge years ago. I think it was a bit too structured and forced for my taste. But that was R3 maybe as a mega module it is a bit more free form.

Emirikol

Adventurer
Egg of the phoenix was early RPGA stuff. The scenario, although evolved beyond the dungeons of it's time, was primitive. Back then, the RPGA stuff was pretty heavy on details, which beats up most DM's time-schedules. Later scenarios "trusted their DM's" a little bit better to fill in the details and weren't horrendous 6000 page nightmares.

I liked the scenario and referred to it often for ideas over my early years of DMing though. We never played it with the characters provided though...

The individual scenarios, although valuable were absolute crap. Other than their rarity, they don't deserve to fetch any type of price whatsoever. They are like fossilized dinosaur dung..valuable..but mostly crap.

jh

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
about all i can say about it, is that we did reference it a few times in our archomentals article in Dragon #347. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads