D&D 5E Elder Evil idea: Alagon the Iron Deity

Tyler Dunn

Explorer
I have an idea for an Elder Evil bbeg type monster and would like to hear what you guys think about it?

It begins with Primus, the god of the modrons, attempting to build a weapon capable of bringing order to the material plane as the war between dragons and giants was causing a lot of chaos. This weapon was given a special core that drew energy directly from the Weave. It was sent to the campaign world in the hope that it would end the war between giants and dragons. However, the weapon went out of control (possibly due to a demon lord's sabatoge) and began destroying the world, bringing the civilizations of the dragons and giants to ruin. It was only stopped when Io himself came down to stop it. The weapon and the dragon deity destroyed each other and the weapon was buried beneath the earth.

Today, a renegade warforged has discovered the weapon and began working to rebuild it, hoping it will bring an end to the organic races of the world.

What do you guys think?

Bitbrain

Lost in Dark Sun
Interesting concept, but I would have the weapon going out of control be because of the Elder Evil merging with it, so that the EE and the weapon are now indistinguishable from each other.

The demon lord feels unnecessary to me.

Remove ads