• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Elf or Human , whos better?

Spatzimaus

First Post
Hypersmurf said:
Aren't exactly any other compelling reasons to play a half-elf ;)

I wouldn't say that. I'm playing a Half-Elf Barbarian/Psychic Warrior now. If you want to mix unusual classes like that together, you pretty much have to go Half-Elf or Human.

So, then it comes down to, which is better:
HUMAN: One Feat and (level+3) skill points
OR
HALF-ELF: Low-light vision, some skill boosts, some minor resist bonuses

Basically, not enough difference to worry about. Since my previous character was Human, and my biggest annoyance was the lack of night vision, I went Half-Elf.

bret

First Post
I prefer Human in many cases. The CON hit that an Elf has to take is their biggest disadvantage, especially under a point buy system.

I think both are good races to play.

Judas

First Post
Depends on campaign setting and what type of character I want. In FR, if I want to play a wizard, I'd probably choose a gold elf. Fighter-type? Proabably a Human for 3 feats at 1st level.

It all depends on other circumstances really.

Simulacrum

First Post
Human ALWAYS.
In FR you cant afford to play an elf anywhere exept on evermeet.
I go with humans, they are just way more flexible and succeed and breed where elves fail and die....that simple.
Kill an elf and they are scarred shiitless, kill 100 humans and 1000 will follow to even the score :D

Last edited:

MarauderX

Explorer
For the munchkins I think human is the way to go. I like the idea of roleplaying an elf, and I like to DM them, but I think the helpful things just don't outweigh the bonuses that humans have.

Datt

First Post
DWARFS!!!

Oh, wait that wasn't an option. Ok then I chose, DWARFS!

Dang it! Okay, hold on I can do this.

Humans, I guess. Simply because Elves always run away before the fight gets going and then try to come back at the end to take all the credit! Like they really did in LotR.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads