Dragonlance Elmore's 'The Four Women of Dragonlance' Painting Is Finished

Back in February I mentioned that iconic D&D artist Larry Elmore was working on a new 'Women of Dragonlance' painting. Well, it's now finished! And you can buy a print of it! http://www.larryelmore.com/store/FWOD/the-four-women-of-dragonlance

Back in February I mentioned that iconic D&D artist Larry Elmore was working on a new 'Women of Dragonlance' painting. Well, it's now finished! And you can buy a print of it!

THE FOUR WOMEN OF DRAGONLANCE.jpg

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Pretty sure I'm replying the to 'five lights' cat. So yeah, got the right one.
Not really, no. Let me break this down in a way that you can understand:

The "tokenesta" joke was made by Paul Farquhar over here:

Tokenesta
As for the "five lights" GIF that I posted, that's in no way a trans joke, since there are no trans characters in the picture. There are four female characters and one male character, the latter being the dragon, Skie.

Is that clear, or do I need to make it even simpler?

Fiona

Agoraphobic Tran
Not really, no. Let me break this down in a way that you can understand:

The "tokenesta" joke was made by Paul Farquhar over here:

As for the "five lights" GIF that I posted, that's in no way a trans joke, since there are no trans characters in the picture. There are four female characters and one male character, the latter being the dragon, Skie.

Is that clear, or do I need to make it even simpler?

Correct, there are no trans characters in that painting. You simply inferred the possibility of Skie being credited as one so you could roll out the tired Picard 5-Lights meme and make a trasphobic joke . So how about you "simple" your ass back to 4chan with the rest of the incels and stop trying to dog whistle.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
You simply inferred the possibility of Skie being credited as one so you could roll out the tired Picard 5-Lights meme and make a trasphobic joke.
First and most importantly, that meme is in no way tired. :p

Secondly, pointing out that someone got a character's gender wrong is in no way transphobic. You're seeing what you want to see here, to such a blatant degree that it's pretty clear you're trolling, especially given that you just joined EN World about 20 minutes ago and your posts in this thread are your only contributions (and believe me, I use the term lightly).

Given that you're a troll - most likely some far-right loser running a false-flag operation - I've alerted the mods to what you're doing and put you on ignore, where you belong. That said, thanks for providing the free entertainment in the meantime.

Fiona

Agoraphobic Tran

Alzrius

The EN World kitten​

"First and most importantly, that meme is in no way tired. :p

Secondly, pointing out that someone got a character's gender wrong is in no way transphobic. You're seeing what you want to see here, to such a blatant degree that it's pretty clear you're trolling, especially given that you just joined EN World about 20 minutes ago and your posts in this thread are your only contributions (and believe me, I use the term lightly).

Given that you're a troll - most likely some far-right loser running a false-flag operation - I've alerted the mods to what you're doing and put you on ignore, where you belong. That said, thanks for providing the free entertainment in the meantime."

Yeah. the meme is tired. VERY tired. Much like the facade of innocence you /pol/sters rely on far too often. I've reported your comment to the mods. And no, I'm not a 'far-righter'. I'm a 42 year old transwoman who signed up only because your attempt to so cleverly disguise your transphobia irked me. But I see you've already resorted to the "I'm-going-spout-a-bunch-of-naughty word-then-block-you-before-you-can-respond-so-I-win" option, I see no point in continuing.

But one last reminder: Your bigotry isn't as well-disguised as you believe it is.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Much like the facade of innocence you /pol/sters rely on far too often. I've reported your comment to the mods. And no, I'm not a 'far-righter'. I'm a 42 year old transwoman who signed up only because your attempt to so cleverly disguise your transphobia irked me. But I see you've already resorted to the "I'm-going-spout-a-bunch-of-naughty word-then-block-you-before-you-can-respond-so-I-win" option, I see no point in continuing.

You're going to need to tell your all-white alt-right friends that your attempt to "troll a libtard" or whatever coded language you use isn't working. EN World is a diverse and inclusive community, and that's why no one except you called out the supposed "transphobic" joke (and most people reacted positively to it); because they knew it wasn't.

Thing is: you know that too. That's what makes it obvious that you're an anti-trans bigot trying to look like an extremist progressive. Hint: you're doing it badly.

But one last reminder: Your bigotry isn't as well-disguised as you believe it is.
You're projecting again. This is why your trolling is so low-level. Go back and get some tips from your fellow fascists before you make another attempt.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
OK, so @Alzrius and @Fiona both of you are repeatedly reporting each other, and then continuing to argue, and then reporting each other again. When you report somebody, please disengage, rather than escalate.

Secondly, I'll be discussing this with the other mods. If that is, in fact, a transphobic meme, then there will be permanent repercussions. I hope it's not, but I am going to ask some of my trans friends, and I will choose to believe them. This is an inclusive community, and there's zero tolerance for that sort of thing.

Even if it turns out it isn't, calling people fascists and bigots is not acceptable here.

In the meantime please, neither of you post in this thread any further. And everybody else, please return to talking about Dragonlance paintings.

Mort

Legend
Supporter
Same.

In fact, this is the first Elmore I can recall that didn't wow me....

Maybe he's set too high a bar. :)

Edit - or maybe it's because the women look bored....

Yeah, kind of bored /angry.

I usually really like Elmore's work, but not feeling this one.

Remove ads

Remove ads