Elven/Elvish Names, Anyone Need One? (Closed, Use new thread)

My elven names are...

• ...just made up to sound neat.

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • ...somewhat elvish-sounding.

Votes: 56 47.1%
  • ...Pure Elvish.

Votes: 35 29.4%

Kaffis

First Post
Angcuru said:

I just keep it as a quck reference, and for referring to me as nerdy, I'm not going to translate these. Keep off the thread if you aren't serious.

I beg your pardon, Angcuru. I hadn't meant any offense by it. I throw 'nerd' and 'geek' around with no negative connotations intended, and forget that not everybody wears/wore labels like "computer nerd" with pride in high school, etc.

Angcuru

First Post
AegisEversoaring said:
Great Thread!
Could you do:
Traveller through Tomorrow's Gate
Enemy of Light's Champion

Thanks!

Aegis

OLE! I just feel like saying that lately.:D

Traveller through Tomorrow's Gate - sorry, no word for travel I'd narrow it down to something simpler, but I'd prefer that you be more specific.
Enemy of Light's Champion - Gothen Aratome'a OR Gothenaratome'a OR Goth en Ararome'a

Storminator

First Post
Angcuru said:

OLE! I just feel like saying that lately.:D

Traveller through Tomorrow's Gate - sorry, no word for travel I'd narrow it down to something simpler, but I'd prefer that you be more specific.

Something to think of, Traveller thru Tomorrow's Gate gets some of its punch from the alliterative aspect :))), so when translating, keep in mind the sounds, and choose the translation appropriately.

And then here's a couple:

Awakened Wolf
Awakened Tree
Blind Oracle
How do I shoot a bow? Hey, you're translating and my PC needs to ask! :D

PS

Angcuru

First Post
Storminator said:

Something to think of, Traveller thru Tomorrow's Gate gets some of its punch from the alliterative aspect :))), so when translating, keep in mind the sounds, and choose the translation appropriately.

And then here's a couple:

Awakened Wolf
Awakened Tree
Blind Oracle
How do I shoot a bow? Hey, you're translating and my PC needs to ask! :D

PS

Traveller through Tomorrow's Gate - Onyaran Imya Tul’reando
Awakened Wolf - Cuivedraug
Awakened Tree - Cuiveorn
Blind Oracle - (no words for blind or oracle)
How do I shoot a bow? - Sut magh cu? (How use bow?)
In elven phrases, filler-type words are not used, just implied. All they have to do is get the message across.

Remove ads