• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Elves in FR

Daggerswan

First Post
I just recently created two Elven characters for an upcoming campaign and decided they should be antagonists. One is a Wood Elf Druid who uses a longbow. His people used to live in the lowlands until the High Elves invaded and drove them up into the mountains. The second is a High Elf Cleric whose people came from across the sea and invaded those lands and are now aggressively establishing their culture. I am trying to create a Welsh vs Saxon kind of tension between the two but I am having trouble placing them geographically.

My old campaign world back in 2E was Forgotten Realms, but I have not kept up with it since those days. There seems to have been a lot of change in the political entities and even the populations. Can any of you FR experts help me with a geographic location where the scenario I described above could have happened? Thanks in advance.

I know a lot of High Elves were going across the sea to Evermeet. This could be a reverse, where a few elves came back and have taken over a high elf settlement on the Sword Coast. So any elf filled woods along that region would work.

Daggerswan

First Post
I knew about the Evermeet thing from before, but a friend said it is no longer populated. Could this could be part of whatever that exodus was? And thanks for your help.

was

Adventurer
..As I understand it, Evermeet still has a decent population, but the elves have stopped their retreat and are re-emerging to explore the world.
..Parts of Myth Drannor have been retaken in a recent elven crusade. That would be a good background for the high elf cleric. They're still weeding out devils and drow followers of Vhaerun. There are also various human kingdoms surrounding the area that are not happy they are back.
..There haven't been a lot of wars between elves since the Crown Wars where the Gold Elves basically declared war on all the inferior races of elves. That might work as a past for an isolated tribe of woodland elves: http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Crown_Wars
http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Wood_elf
...There also were wood elf tribes in the forest surrounding Myth Drannor who did not retreat to Evermeet. Maybe your wood elf is one of those and resents the influx of arrogant high elves from Evermeet.

Last edited:

was

Adventurer
...There are two groups of high elves, Gold and Silver. Silver elves are usually pale and pretty mellow. They travel around a lot and are pretty good at accepting other races.
...Most Gold elves believe themselves to be superior to all others lifeforms on the planet, including other elves.
They are bronzed skin and extremely arrogant. They can get violent when others don't bow down to them.
...There was a group of Gold elf families under House Dladrageth that interbred with demons that played a key role in the Crown Wars. They were then imprisoned, later released and fought by the crusade that freed Myth Drannor. They attempted to rise supreme even over other Gold Elves.
http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/House_Dlardrageth
http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Sarya_Dlardrageth

Last edited:

aarduini

Explorer
There is also that Elf Supremacist Group that I can't remember the name of. You could get them involved.

Eldreth Veluuthra (Victorious Blade of the People, also sometimes Eldreth Veluuthara), formed in 262 DR and still active as of 1374 DR, was a group of elves dedicated to the removal of all humans from Faerûn. Its main areas of activity were ancient elven forests, including the Ardeep Forest, the Border Forest, the Chondalwood, Cormanthor, the High Forest, the Moonwood, Neverwinter Woods and the Winterwood.[1]

I recommend the Myth Drannor, Ardeep Forest, Border Forest, Neverwinterwood or the Moonwood.

The retreat ended in 4th edition. Myth Drannor is repopulated but was seriously damage when the shade enclave crashed into it during the sundering. Much of its population was destroyed. You can have the elves try and hold and rebuild the city while the remnants of the shade empire seek to conquer it. There are a lot of human towns and villages that surround it as well. One in particular is Hillsfar which is kind of like a human supremest town.

Hope that helps

Remove ads