• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Emerald's PbP game

Capellan

Explorer
Cattivo skids to a halt and ducks down, muttering sour invective about forests, dirt and the general miseries of being alive. For those listening, the profanity-laden monologue is oddly uplifting. After all, no matter how bad thinsg are for them, at least they are worse for Cattivo.

OOC: continuing to inspire courage, as quietly as is possible. Hopefully the noise of the fire will cover his chant.

Manzanita

First Post
Reinert

Reinert will slow as he approaches the mounds and the light. He will move silently and try to reach a place, perhaps behind a tree trunk, where he can see the forms w/in the light, without being seen himself.

OOC1: Capellan, I like your description of Cattivo's inspiring courage!

OOC2: Emerald, how far is Reinert from the figures when he is able to get a look at them?

Emerald

First Post
Kaltide: You run forward invisable past the moving shapes and into the burial mound (rest to be done privately in email, Kaltide can relate to rest of party next time you all meet face-to-face).

Everyone Else: You all hunker down 60 feet from the mounds. You notice Kaltide is not with you. Ahead of you in the center of the ring you see 5 Orcs. Some pacing around, some sitting near the fire. Just outside the ring of Orcs you also see 4 ghouls lurking around.

Cattivo: Your inspire courage will be active if and when any fighting occurs.

Manzanita

First Post
Reinert

"Oh gosh, guys. Those ugly things look dead. They could be tricky to kill. The orcs I'm not too worried about. Do you think we should attack? We may have no choice. We could now, or we could hope Kaltide returns to us safely and gives us some info. But I say, why wait? My sneak attack makes me more effective against living creatures; and I could sneak behind a mound to get some surprise, probably. Anyone care to tangle with the uglies? Cid, can you take care of them?"

Capellan

Explorer
Cattivo glances at Reinert,

"If life were good, then I would use,
A spell of slumber, against you.
But never will my life be fair,
And so I'll cast it, over there."

He points at the orcs.

OOC: sleep spell when the others attack, centred to try and affect as many of the orcs as possible. My inspire courage will last five rounds after I cast.

Krug

Newshound
"So are we attacking? I don't like the look of those ghoulies," said Jarrad, readying his bow and aiming at the undead.

Once the sleep spell activates, Jarrad will fire at the ghouls.

Manzanita

First Post
Reinert

Does it look like Reinert could approach one of the mounds from the outside & climb it? If so, he might make that his archery roost.

Emerald

First Post
Reinert: No you would be able to climb on one of the mounds but all but the one with the torches are sealed it would take several rounds of hard work to be able to remove the rocks or boards enough to enter.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Cid clammers up, slowed by his heavy equipment. He takes in the assessment of the ghouls, "Your going to attach those? Well... I mean, I'd like to destroy them... and I might be able to call directly for my god's help for these circumstances. I'm not very sneak though. I've gotta be within about 20 yards of the ghouls in order to call upon Ra-Pelor's true power.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads