• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Empire of Sand

Yellow Sign

Explorer
Knight Otu said:
" We would like to talk to the guards, or better with everyone who was in the house, on the grounds of the demise of the Overseer of Construction and Monuments."

To the best of Nazra's knowledge the only people in the house that night was Master Tetynefer, Chamberlain Harmose, Teteynefer's wife Assiza, Yasma and Tana the servent girls, Master Tetynefer's personal assistant Mery, Osa the cook, and himself.

Yellow Sign

Explorer
Dihara and Sekhmet travel with the caravan for the next four days. It is a uneventful and boring time. You finally see the sprawling city of Skuld streached out before you the sparkling River of Swords running through it. Your caravan reaches a busy city gate and several guardsmen and robed scribes inspect the caravan. As they come to your wagon the scribe demands to see your papers. After he looks them over and looks you over he says. "Your servent is a elf? It does not say so in this pass. Also she will have to get a license to carry those weapons she has."

Last edited:

Knight Otu

First Post
"Poison... that appears likely. Ihasma, do you know a poison that could cause the described symptoms?"

Turning to Nazra again, "Did you notice anything strange in the previous days, per chance? Anything could be helpful, even if it seems minor at first glance. And I would like to speak with the chamberlain Harmose next."

Nazra shrugs. "I have not been employed here long, less than three weeks. I have noticed nothing strange. As far as I know, the only people in the house last night were Master Tetynefer, Chamberlain Harmose, Teteynefer's wife Assiza, the servants girls Yasma and Tana, Master Tetynefer's personal assistant Mery, Osa the cook, and myself."

Liminal Syzygy

Community Supporter
"She has some elven blood, yes. How do we go about obtaining the license?"

OOC: Dihara tries to determine if the scribe is trying to angle for baksheesh. Also, what were the circumstances under which she obtained the travel pass? Could she truthfully claim that she was never asked the race of her servant?

Yellow Sign

Explorer
Dihara feels that the scribe is just doing his job and that the questions about the pass and Sekhmet's race are just normal buracratic red tape. The pass was given to you by your employer, a high ranking Red Wizard of Thay. You know that it is a pass from the Temple of Horus-Re which is the most powerful temple in the country. While it does not state that your servent is elven, you feel that if you push the point the scribe should back down. As for the weapon license, you know that it is a common practice in this xenophobic land.

Last edited:

Yellow Sign

Explorer
"I can prepare a weapon license for 3 pieces of gold. Your pass does not state that your servent is a elf but then again it does not state that she is not a elf. You may enter the city but be warned you are responsible for any crime or unlawful act performed by your servent." says the scribe.

Liminal Syzygy

Community Supporter
Dihara stares for a moment at Sekhmet. ~I don't like the idea of being responsible for the behavior of someone I don't know well, especially one of her kind! But I don't have much choice, if I am ambushed while in the city I may need her help. Anb she has done nothing to earn my distrust.~

She then nods and pays the scribe 3 gold.

After entering the gates, Dihara turns to Sekhmet and says "Now my fate rests on your shoulders in more ways than one, and the last thing I need is to be executed for a crime I didn't commit. Obey the law, stick close to me, and stay away from the people here. A lot of them don't like non-humans."

Dihara will head to the bazaar or marketplace to sell Baala's equipment first.

Afterwards she will head to where she is supposed to meet her contact, warning Sekhmet of potential danger at this point, and checking the outside of nearby structures for signs of people watching, potential signs of an ambush, etc.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads