• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Empire of Sand

Knight Otu

First Post
"Thank you, Nazra. Could you please arrange for all those people to come here, so I can talk to them?

I think we should now go to meet the chamberlain Harmose."

Yellow Sign

Explorer
"I am Harmose." says a thin rat faced man as he enters the room. He is accompanied by a tall well built man who says "I am Officer Bak of the city police. Who are you and what are you doing here?" to Akhuraau and Ihasma.

Yellow Sign

Explorer
As Dihara and Sekhmet gather their belongings, the Caravan Master Paser comes up to you. "Mistress Dihara, what arrangements have you made for the internment of your servent's body? I am moving the caravan into the unloading area and I would like to have his corpse taken before I do so."

Last edited:

Knight Otu

First Post
"I am Akhuraau, from the order of the Sun and the Ankh, and this is Ihasma. As you can guess, the reasons for the death of Master Tetynefer are of interest for our order, and we want to investigate it."

Akhuraau shows the scroll to both officer Bak and Harmose, and uses the chance to silently concentrate on the vision of Horus-Re, to see if any of the gathered people are touched by evil, before turning to the chamberlain.

The visions of Horus-Re would likely not help to solve the murder, but maybe they could give hints on how to talk with the peoply already gathered.

"Harmose, did you notice anything strange on the days before the death of Master Tetynefer? What were you doing, and where, before being alerted to the death of the overseer?"

Thordain

First Post
Sekhmet grinds her teeth at Dihara's patronizing tone, but does not show any outward reaction. She nods her head in agreement and stays close to Dihara.

Liminal Syzygy

Community Supporter
"Paser, my business within the city is pressing. Could I pay you to take care of it?"

OOC: Anything I need to know about burial customs, etc.?

Yellow Sign

Explorer
Gate of Swords, City of Skuld

Paser pauses to think. "I am sorry Lady Zhoon, but my time is short and I cannot spare the men to take care of your servent properly. There is a Temple of Anubis a few city block down the Street of Jackels" Paser points down a busy clay paved street. "They should be able to perform the correct rites and perpare the body properly for the afterlife." A pair of Paser's men bring the wrapped body of Baala and lay it down by your feet. Though heavily wrapped with scented linen the corpse's stench is appalling.

Last edited:

Yellow Sign

Explorer
House of Tetynefer, Overseer of Construction and Monuments

Officer Bak, looks over your papers. A frown deepens on his face. "This is the responisbility of the city police but if the Temples wish to take over there is nothing I can do about it. Will you require any assistance, Master Akhuraau?"

Harmose glances around nerviously "Nazra, go round up those who where in the house last night. I am sure Master Akhuaau will want to question them." He bows to Akhuaau. "No Sir, nothing unusal happened last night. It was a calm quiet evening until Nazra called the alarm. Master Tetynefer was studing in his chambers as he normally does in the evenings."

Last edited:

Knight Otu

First Post
"I think that Ihasma and I will be able to work without help from the city police for now, but I cannot say that for sure yet. I can come back for you if the need should arise?", Akhuraau says to Officer Bak, before turning to Harmose again.

"Thank you Harmose, that was indeed my intention. Did Master Tetynefer have any guests recently? Do you know what he studied?"

Nazra nods at Harmose and moves off to summon all those that were in the house at the time of Master Tetynefer's death. He wonders what further role he'll have to play in this whole mess.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads