• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Empyreals - Aasimar reworked

Belorin

Explorer
Looking at the description, I see other people are right, they are kind of 'eh' .
I'm thinking of putting the wings back in, just not sure if it would overpower it. Maybe 1 round flight duration at first level in light armor. Increasing in duration and weight carrying capacity every other level. At paragon tier receive a wing buffet attack.
Thoughts?

Bel

occam

Adventurer
I would change the ability score bonuses; so far we've seen no other examples of both bonuses being applied to scores that contribute to the same defense (in this case, Will, with Wisdom and Charisma). Something like +2 Str or Con, +2 Cha.

tombowings

First Post
Belorin said:
Looking at the description, I see other people are right, they are kind of 'eh' .
I'm thinking of putting the wings back in, just not sure if it would overpower it. Maybe 1 round flight duration at first level in light armor. Increasing in duration and weight carrying capacity every other level. At paragon tier receive a wing buffet attack.
Thoughts?

Bel

I would do wings as a racial feat.

Nahat Anoj

First Post
I like them, Belorin. Good work! Wis and Cha seem to be two important stats for Clerics, and I think this race should be good at being a Cleric. I did a version of them where they had +2 Con and +2 Cha, but I think Wis/Cha is a better way to go. The only thing I think I would change is maybe give them a way to swap out Con with Wis in some way, much like how the Dragonborn seem to be able to switch out an ability score for Cha in some cases.

EDIT - I probably also would give them a racial encounter power that heals/buffs allies as opposed to hindering foes.

I, too, would handle the wings as a racial feat/talent, much like how the Dragonborn probably could get wings at higher levels.

I really like the theme of the celestial race being descended from the god slain by Asmodeus. It clearly has traction, because it has cropped independently a number of times in the past couple months. It may be that "dreaded" symmetry, but I think in this case it's cool spiffy.

Last edited:

Nahat Anoj

First Post
occam said:
I would change the ability score bonuses; so far we've seen no other examples of both bonuses being applied to scores that contribute to the same defense (in this case, Will, with Wisdom and Charisma). Something like +2 Str or Con, +2 Cha.
I'm 99% sure the Eladrin have +2 Int/+2 Dex. I think people have reverse engineered this from the D&D XP characters, but I don't have a link handy.

DreamChaser

Explorer
Jonathan Moyer said:
I really like the theme of the celestial race being descended from the god slain by Asmodeus. It clearly has traction, because it has cropped independently a number of times in the past couple months. It may be that "dreaded" symmetry, but I think in this case it's cool spiffy.

Nah...dreaded symmetry would be an empire of humans who made a pact with angelic beings to protect themselves from unholy powers wielded by their tiefling adversaries.

I like the idea of lost angels pleading with a community of mortals to essentially sacrifice everything they are to become something new, a synthesis, so that the angels don't perish altogether.

DC

Belorin

Explorer
Okay, finished waffling on the ability bonuses, +2 con, +2 cha.
Also decided no wings.
Minor physical changes.

New racial power;
Déjà vu: Allow one ally to roll his attack again; he must use the second roll even if it’s lower.

Bel

Klaus

First Post
Belorin said:
Okay, finished waffling on the ability bonuses, +2 con, +2 cha.
Also decided no wings.
Minor physical changes.

New racial power;
Déjà vu: Allow one ally to roll his attack again; he must use the second roll even if it’s lower.

Bel
Too much like the halfling racial power.

What about:

Channel Divinity: daily, immediate.
Until the end of your next turn, you gain resist weapons 5.

Belorin

Explorer
Here it is in all at's glory!
Finalized the physical characteristics, they're skin is blue, ranging from pale to midnight blue.
It may seem to copy the tiefling but after examining pics of angels in W&M, I decided to go with it.

There are 3 racial powers, couldn't decide how many there can be so I kept them all in.

Added racial feats, one heroic; resistance, can be taken multiple times for diferent energy types.
Paragon; wings, fly 6 (good)

I'm pretty happy with it(at least till the rulebooks come out).
Now I can work on the rest of the setting!

Bel

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads