EN World EN5ider Has Launched!

EN World EN5ider has launched! EN World EN5ider is the new way to get regular gaming articles and adventures online. For a small monthly donation, you will receive rules articles, gaming advice, adventures, and more. Collect EN5ider articles and adventures designed and formatted to be filed in a binder. The treasure hoard of a winged fire-breathing reptile and a subterranean cave complex all in one place. And best of all - YOU decide how much you want to pay! Not only that, there are four free sample articles for you to check out before you become a Patron!

EN World EN5ider has launched! EN World EN5ider is the new way to get regular gaming articles and adventures online. For a small monthly donation, you will receive rules articles, gaming advice, adventures, and more. Collect EN5ider articles and adventures designed and formatted to be filed in a binder. The treasure hoard of a winged fire-breathing reptile and a subterranean cave complex all in one place. And best of all - YOU decide how much you want to pay! Not only that, there are four free sample articles for you to check out before you become a Patron!

Head on over to EN World EN5ider right here! Check out the free articles, and if you like what you see, choose how much you'd like to donate per article and become a Patron. There's some awesome stuff in the pipeline!

binder_ensider.gif

There are four FREE sample articles for you to check out before you become a Patron - including an entire adventure! Download The Business of Emotion (an adventure by Paul Okesh), 5 Campaign Lessons from The Hobbit Films by Eric Pierce, Cherished Trinkets by Ryan Chaddock, and Archery Contests by Russ Morrissey. If you like what you see, and want more of this every week, simply become a Patron!

samples.jpg

moldyderp

Explorer
Yeah, it's kind of confusing. Some actual examples might help clarify the per month/per article confusion.

For instance, if I pledge $2, and cap my month at $2, that means I get a single article or an adventure per month? Do I get to choose? Also, if your plan is 3 articles and 1 adventure per month and I pledge at $2 per article and $8 per month, I should get them all, correct? But if you actually publish 5 articles that month do I get the extras too (given it would exceed my cap) and if not do I get to choose which articles I want?

Essentially this post is confusing me:
You set a monthly cap. You still get all of them, but you pay no more than that cap, even if we go on a massive publishing flurry and publish a hundred articles. Our initial plan is 4 per month.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yeah, it's kind of confusing. Some actual examples might help clarify the per month/per article confusion.

For instance, if I pledge $2, and cap my month at $2, that means I get a single article or an adventure per month? Do I get to choose? Also, if your plan is 3 articles and 1 adventure per month and I pledge at $2 per article and $8 per month, I should get them all, correct? But if you actually publish 5 articles that month do I get the extras too (given it would exceed my cap) and if not do I get to choose which articles I want?

Essentially this post is confusing me:

If you pledge $2 and cap your month at $2, you will get everything - even if we publish a thousand articles and a hundred adventures that month. The cap only limits what you pay, not what you get.

It's a patronage system. In essence, you pay what you think it's worth. If enough people think it's worth enough to cover the costs of producing the articles, we produce the articles.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
So, assuming it's going to be 3 articles and an adventure a month.
For 1$ an article, i will only get access to the articles, so 3$ a month?
For 2$ an article, I will get the articles and the adventure for a total of 8$ a month?

I liked one of the articles, wasn't interested in the other two and the adventure was a small 11 page thing which looks well-made, if a tad silly. Not really worth it so far, even if the production value was really good.

Hopefully some future articles might tempt you.

not-so-newguy

I'm the Straw Man in your argument
I'm taking off my DM's hat and putting on my PC's shoes. Are the articles focused solely on DM stuff or will there be articles for players?

Just curious, I'll probably pick it up regardless. Thanks for the extra content!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'm taking off my DM's hat and putting on my PC's shoes. Are the articles focused solely on DM stuff or will there be articles for players?

It'll be a mixture of everything -players, GMs, character options, worldbuilding, adventures, magic items, all sorts of things! We have an article about new druid character options in process as we speak.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Some examples:

Pledge $1 per article with $1 monthly cap will get you all of the regular articles, and you'll only pay $1 total per month.

Pledge $1 per article with $5 monthly cap will get you all of the regular articles. We plan on three regular articles per month right now, so you'd be paying $3 per month. If we produce five regular articles, you'd pay $5, but if we produce six or more, you'll still get them all but only pay $5.

Pledge $2 per article with a $5 monthly cap will get you all of the regular articles plus all of the adventures, and you'll only pay $5 total per month, even if we produce extra content. You'll still get the extra content.

JTorres

First Post
It'll be a mixture of everything -players, GMs, character options, worldbuilding, adventures, magic items, all sorts of things! We have an article about new druid character options in process as we speak.

Adventures + new monsters = me as a happy patron

All kidding aside, I'm very much liking the sample articles; the trinkets article was particularly fun to read and will be easy to implement into my campaign. I'm looking forward to the next batch of content.

P.S. - Okay so maybe I wasn't kidding about the monsters . . . I want to see new monsters . . .

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Some examples:

Pledge $1 per article with $1 monthly cap will get you all of the regular articles, and you'll only pay $1 total per month.

Pledge $1 per article with $5 monthly cap will get you all of the regular articles. We plan on three regular articles per month right now, so you'd be paying $3 per month. If we produce five regular articles, you'd pay $5, but if we produce six or more, you'll still get them all but only pay $5.

Pledge $2 per article with a $5 monthly cap will get you all of the regular articles plus all of the adventures, and you'll only pay $5 total per month, even if we produce extra content. You'll still get the extra content.

I think what I am looking for is what you are suggesting people pay, if they want to pay the full suggested patronage price (though they can pay more or less if they want). I think that is:

$1/article, $3 cap, articles only;
$2/article, $8 cap, articles and adventure only;
$3/article, $15 cap, articles, adventures, and specials.

Does that look correct?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I think what I am looking for is what you are suggesting people pay, if they want to pay the full suggested patronage price (though they can pay more or less if they want). I think that is:

$1/article, $3 cap, articles only;
$2/article, $8 cap, articles and adventure only;
$3/article, $15 cap, articles, adventures, and specials.

Does that look correct?

Personally, I would (and I can't believe I'm saying this!) probably set lower caps on the second and third. $6 and $10 respectively. I think $2/article with a $6 cap is fairly fair, although it being all patronagy I would *love* it if folks felt they were worth a bit more than that.

The beauty of this model is that it doesn't matter so much what an indifivual does, as long as *enough* of them do it. That's why the funding targets determine what gets produced, and you can feel comfortable paying what you think it's worth without any guilty feelings.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads