EN World Gamer (Subscription question)

The release of this one was kinda in the spirit of "dang it, we don't know if the economics will be profitable, but we're tired of letting it go to waste." So we haven't really discussed what to do about it.

However, I was thinking today of how to do a web magazine. To be honest, I spent a little too much time editing some of the submissions instead of sending them back for improvement, often because we were on a time table and it was faster to make revisions on our end. If we're just doing the magazine as a digital release without a subscription, we could make a new EN World Gamer sort of a home for misfit d20 products - things that aren't long enough to get their own book.

A lot of publishers put out mini-pdfs, and we've tried that a few times with different product lines, but I kinda like the idea of giving an open call for article submissions, and once we have 60 pages worth, we sell an issue. With luck, people would be interested in submitting, and we could get it at least quarterly. I'd still gladly keep doing my own articles (The Adventurer's Guides, with Peter Ball), and we might get a few other regular articles, but mostly it'd just be whatever people submitted that was up to the magazine's standards.

Macbeth

First Post
That sounds like a cool idea. If you do go ahead with it, take my Bloodball article that was up for EN Gamer as a submission for the e-zine.

Remove ads