EN World Short Story Smackdown - FINAL: Berandor vs Piratecat - The Judgment Is In!

Berandor

lunatic
Quartermoon said:
Amelia Earhart

:)
Yes, I got it too.

Pcat:
[sblock]Yes, the »« are the German variety of denoting speech, though the regular "" are used as well, especially everywhere outside of novels (and anthologies). I've just gotten used to using (and seeing) them, I don't really think about it anymore. I even use them as quotation marks in my university writing, which I would guess is pretty uncommon.

Additional trivia: Sometimes the marks are used the other way round, so that they enclose dialogue «like this». One of those is the Swiss way to denote speech (I think the latter one), one the German one.[/sblock]

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
No rush, but do the judges have a feel for when judgment will be posted? (and 'no' is an okay answer.) I just want to make sure to check back.

Thanks.

Piratecat said:
No rush, but do the judges have a feel for when judgment will be posted? (and 'no' is an okay answer.) I just want to make sure to check back.

Thanks.
If I had to have a guess, both results should be ready by this time tomorrow. Of course my guesses have been known to be wrong... so apologies for the delay.

Best Regards
Herremann the Wise

arwink

Clockwork Golem
I just cleared Rodrigo vs. Piratecat off the decks and mailed the judgement off. Damn your hides, the pair of you - it would have been faster if it hadn't been a tough round to call.

maxfieldjadenfox

First Post
tadk said:
Max,

Been working on my story a bit
Not totally done, not tied in together yet
How is yours coming along

All I've been doing for the past week is trying to catch up in algebra. Starting the class a week late put me at a real disadvantage, as did the fact that I started with intermediate because of my SAT score and I haven't had algebra in something like 30 years. I hope to get some writing in on the weekend though.

Maldur

First Post
give me an hour or so, I have been mulling over these stiories for a few days now, you guys cut it damn close. Four real pretty stories :D

Judgements send, and I must say : YOU BASTARDS, that was hard!! ;)

Last edited:

Berandor

lunatic
Come on Mr Wise, you got no excuses now! Post those judgy judgements!

in case I win:
I literally have no time to write on Friday or Saturday (unless I simply don't sleep at all), so please take that into consideration

Last edited:

Remove ads