• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

EN World's forum naming system

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
The recent April Fool joke on the part of the EN World team was really ill-conceived and executed. It broke every link people had to forum threads. And you've now broken the links to the Pathfinder forum because you didn't put it back the way it was.

You could change forum names without problem when you still had linking by Forum ID #. If you do it now, you break EN World.

Please, let this be the very last time you change forum names. Or go back to the ID# system.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Well, that's trivially easy to fix. I just forgot the word "Discussion" on the end.

There, done it!

Sorry it upset you, Merric. It was just a bit of fun.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
And, even when not on April Fool's - we do reorganize, rename, and restructure things as discussion volume on various topics varies. While we do try to minimize reshuffling, I don't think operationally we can promise that they'll never change.

The internet is not static. Don't depend on it to be so.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
I feel a lot better now. :)

I really appreciate EN World, and the work you all do to keep it running. Thanks for listening.

Cheers!

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
FWIW, the Off Topic forum had a slightly different name before with "Stuff" (?) instead of "Topics" so some folks might find their links broken. I had the forum bookmarked and just edited the link but I guess if someone had a thread in that forum linked they might experience some difficulties.

Remove ads