Adventurers love a good deal and will be hard-pressed to pass up improved and discounted healing potions. Today's EN5ider article is all about exploiting a weakness for curatives, luring the party in with a generous offer that all too soon becomes an untenable necessity—will they become addicted or can they break the cycle?
Lately on EN5ider:
Lately on EN5ider:
- #305. Mini-Adventure: Tainted Remedies. When the adventurers emerge battered and bruised from a dangerous situation they fortuitously stumble across the traveling healer Sanador. The elven woman introduces herself as an emergency medic who seeks out danger to offer aid, then gives each of the PCs a healing potion absolutely free of charge. What the party don't know is that the alchemist secretly laces her healing potions with a highly addictive solution that not only makes them more potent, but can easily get her patients cripplingly hooked! This excellent supplementary mini-adventure designed by Andrew Engelbrite is a great sidequest for 4-5 PCs of 3rd-5th level made to be inserted inside of your current campaign! Color art by Savage Mojo with cartography by Dyson Logos.
- #304. Over the Next Hill: The Medieval Lord's Manor. Baronies and fiefdoms are a staple of medieval fantasy, playing a role in many of our games and worlds—today's article takes a historical approach to understanding the barony of Alexander Ouer Middleton, providing a perfect example of the usual ruler, subordinates, and culture to be found in a medieval estate. Included are statistics for the baron (CR 3), his reeve (CR ¼), and the local miller (CR ½) as well as rumors and plot hooks alongside a custom map of the Middleton lands! Written by Phill Harmon; illustrated by Indi Martin; cartography by Mik Holmes.
- #303. Monstrous Menagerie: Unique Dragons. The Monstrous Menagerie series is back with a variety of new dragons to enrich your 5E game! This article includes the fey dragon template with Teyladin the Reclaimer (a young green fey dragon) and the memory dragon template (used for the Librarian of Orban Tur, an ancient silver memory dragon). Written by Ben Green; illustrated by Alba Palacio and Ellis Goodson.
- #302. Intriguing Organizations: House of the Reclaimed Soul. This Intriguing Organization takes in the truly repentant and tries to lead them to find redemption. Despite the horrorscape around them these ex-clerics, warlocks, and other fools tricked into serving fiends during their time as mortals strive to do good following their deaths while purging themselves of the evils within. This article includes details for five NPCs as well as statistics for penitents (spellcasters that have devoted themselves to masochistic purges of sin). Written by Catherine Evans; illustrated by Marcel Budde and Claudio Pozas.
- #301. The Not-So-Lonely Road. Make your next overland trip more interesting and really engage adventurers with the world in just a few dice rolls! This article takes a look upon our collective past, using historical information and parallels to help GMs create realistic NPC encounters outside of major settlements (with examples), providing opportunities to roleplay, pass information via highway gossip, and even trade and refresh supplies. Written by Phill Harmon; illustrated by Phil Stone.