Keeping a medieval city clean is not an easily handled matter or one to be ignored—and that's where the Gutter Guild comes in, cleaning up sewers by wrangling cubes, jellies, oozes, and puddings through the passages below!
Lately on EN5ider:
Lately on EN5ider:
- 321. Intriguing Organizations: The Gutter Guild. To protect cities from disease this reclusive organization populates the sewers beneath with oozes and other detritus feeders that clean waste and purify water sources. Although they provide a valuable service the seeding of sewers with gelatinous cubes is easily misconstrued by a fearful public so their work is done in secret, cultivating the dangerous creatures in hidden laboratories and releasing the monsters wherever cleaning is needed—a system that sometimes requires extra support from capable adventurers in order to function correctly. This article includes dehydrated jelly, dust of ooze paralysis, ooze handler's gloves, the Ooze Handler (CR 2), and three ooze variants: blazing black pudding (CR +0), euphoria cube (CR +0), and flash jelly (CR +1). Cleverly designed by Will Gawned with color illustration by Indi Martin!
- 320. Monstrous Menagerie: Chimeras. Classically a chimera is a fire-breathing female monster with a lion's head, a goat's body, and a serpent's tail—and that's great. What's not to love? We're far too keen on these hybrid animal monsters to have just one however, so we've got another four to add to the list! This article includes the goatrilla (CR 5), manta lobstshark (CR 9), octobearfly (CR 3), and tyrazodactylsaurus (CR 12) which itself includes a CR 1/2 termite swarm. Cunningly designed by Jacob Gobhar, illustrated by Rick Hershey.
- 319. Mini-Adventure: Mistaken Identity. A mysterious message is brought to the adventurers, promising them that a reward and great boon await in the abandoned clanhold of the Greymail dwarves. When they arrive however they are confronted with a challenge: Voorhan Greymail believes they are the descendants of those responsible for bringing ruin to his clan, and he demands justice. The PCs can simply fight Voorhan and his dwarven champion cohorts but by investigating the ruins they can reveal a compelling truth, prove their innocence, and flush the true culprit out into the open! Designed by Tyler Omichinski for 4–5 PCs of 5th–6th level, featuring cartography by Dyson Logos.
- 318. Logical Spells. The Esoteres believe a comprehensive understanding of reality is where true power lay—but that does not mean arcana should be abandoned. Their sages and scribes have developed a suite of unique spells to enhance their mastery over natural forces and the world around them, whether that be the calculate cantrip for rapidly solving complex problems or a far more powerful spell like recursive descent—used to trap a target into a recursive looping memory from which few ever escape! This article of 8 new spells was designed by Quinn Callahan and illustrated by Phil Stone.
- 317. ZEITGEIST #9 - The Last Starry Sky: Part 3. This segment of the module brings ZEITGEIST #9 to its official close with an appendix for each of the following: the Rites of Rulership (rules for monarchs that the PCs will get to make use of), statistics for Fey Lords, Allied NPCs, and Naval Forces, and Magic and Training covering such goodies like the borenbog's gourd, crown of risur, and the mask of the unseen court. The 19 NPCs in this PDF include Palace Guards (CR 9), Monarch Thisraldion (CR 18), Atala (CR 15), Karrest the Fire (CR 15), Furg the Toadstool Sage (CR 15), Sallin the Dryad (CR 15), Olazdor the Archfey of Winds (CR 15), Beshela the Archfey of the Sea (CR 14), Lerina the Reseen Marauder (CR 14), Lavac the Gremlin Herald (CR 12), Darbony the Gruff Goat (CR 12), King Aodhan Lesterman (CR 15), Principal Minister Harkover Lee (CR 16), Asrabey Varal (CR 15), Dame Jillian the Green Knight (CR 12), Amielle Latimer (CR 9), Lauryn Cyneburg (CR 14), Stover Delft (CR 11), and Hana "Gale" Soliogn (CR 12).