[EN5ider #43] Día de los Dinosaurios Muertos

New for EN5ider patrons! Halloween grows ever closer! Día de los Dinosaurios Muertos is a spooky 18-page adventure by Jensen Toperzer. You've heard of the Day of the Dead... but what happens when the dead are dinosaurs? When the raptors awaken to find their land overrun by hairless apes, they plot to reclaim their legacy. Can the PCs survive the machinations of Miquiztlicoatl, the velociraptor mummy lord, ancient reptilian priest-king of the feathered throne? This adventure for 14th-level PCs includes full-color maps, a pronunciation guide, the all-new Stone of the Inverted Sun, and - of course- intelligent undead velociraptors. Illustrated by Melissa Tillery; cartography by Justin Mason.

New for EN5ider patrons! Halloween grows ever closer! Día de los Dinosaurios Muertos is a spooky 18-page adventure by Jensen Toperzer. You've heard of the Day of the Dead... but what happens when the dead are dinosaurs? When the raptors awaken to find their land overrun by hairless apes, they plot to reclaim their legacy. Can the PCs survive the machinations of Miquiztlicoatl, the velociraptor mummy lord, ancient reptilian priest-king of the feathered throne? This adventure for 14th-level PCs includes full-color maps, a pronunciation guide, the all-new Stone of the Inverted Sun, and - of course- intelligent undead velociraptors. Illustrated by Melissa Tillery; cartography by Justin Mason.

dino_dead.jpg

Ranz Kabaret

First Post
I don't doubt the adventure could be fun, and at its core is a cool idea. But there's cultural appropriation and taking a very superficial approach to a part of my culture... and how it is conflated with a cultural group I'm already conflicted on how to relate to. But seriously, a chihuahuas store? why not make it a desert and verybody is wearing ponchos and resting below cacti? I have felt bad about less than this. (Of course I only speak for myself) Maybe it is that it looks like something familiar, but without the idiosyncrasies that make it feel right, and with the idiosyncrasies that make it feel wrong... Again all the reasons I'm not a fan of Maztika.

But you are cool Joey, you always get to deliver quality products. I will make a submission soon, as soon as I decide which idea works best.

Mexican anthropologist and :):):):)ing lover of mexican prehispanic culture here. De ciudad de México, conocida anteriormente como la gran Tenochtitlan (from Mexico City formetly known as Tenochtitlan). Just read this adventure and i loved the research (it's not academic, but pretty acurate on some cases) and the approach you made to my culture. I absolutely approve this and I'm running it this weekend!

Remove ads

Remove ads