EN5IDER and TRAILSEEKER Articles & Adventures

This is a list of the articles and adventures commissioned so far for EN5ider and TRAILseeker. If you're interested in writing or art for either, check out the submissions page. When we launch, each will have 3 articles and one adventure for free. They'll be the free samples which will show you why you should subscribe! Each publication will initially produce four items per month, including one system-neutral item and one adventure.

button_en5ider.png

ARTICLES
Ryan Chaddock - Cherished Trinkets
Eric Pierce - What I Learned from The Hobbit
James Introcaso - Give Chase
David Anderson - Mundane Equipment Quality
Kiel Chenier - Those Who Crawl
Carl Heyl - Writing Good Puzzles*
Russ Morrissey - Tomes & Librams*

ADVENTURES
Paul Okesh - The Business of Emotion
Jeffrey Quinn - Mistaken Identity

button_trailseeker.png

ARTICLES
Russ Morrissey - Archery Contests
Jessie Staffer - Voludaemon
Jonathan Palmer - Style feats to emulate HEMA styles
Jonathan Palmer - Multiclassing feats
Thomas Kyle - Dirty Trick
Carl Heyl - Writing Good Puzzles*
Russ Morrissey - Tomes & Librams*

ADVENTURES
Thiago Rosa - Red Fangs in a White Night
Jonathan Garret - After Death

*System neutral articles which appear on both publications.

Last edited by a moderator:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Looks good. I am sure I will subscribe at some point.

The issue is of course sustainability. Kobold Quarterly had a good run, but couldn't last. Gygax Magazine seems to have only done 4 issues. And those both had strong content and some buzz.

And of course there was ENWorld's previous attempt at a game magazine...I still have my copy of the one issue somewhere.

They aren't print magazines. They're individual articles formatted to be downloaded, printed, and put in a binder.

No way on earth would I attempt a print magazine! :)

(though we had two previous magazines back in the early 2000s; one of them got to a whopping 4 issues!)

Blackbrrd

First Post
Any chance you would do a simple layout optimized for screen reading in addition to the print layout? For instance epub? For me, having to print something is probably enough to stop me from buying. At least for the articles, it shouldn't be much work at all.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Any chance you would do a simple layout optimized for screen reading in addition to the print layout? For instance epub? For me, having to print something is probably enough to stop me from buying. At least for the articles, it shouldn't be much work at all.

You can read the PDF on the screen, though the product concept is the binder approach. We might look into cost and time for other formats (we're all hands on deck right now as it is) and see if we can add them as Patreon milestones, but we'll launch first and see where we are and what the response is like. At first, though, I'm afraid it's definitely going to be just the PDFs. Sorry!

Blackbrrd

First Post
You can read the PDF on the screen, though the product concept is the binder approach. We might look into cost and time for other formats (we're all hands on deck right now as it is) and see if we can add them as Patreon milestones, but we'll launch first and see where we are and what the response is like. At first, though, I'm afraid it's definitely going to be just the PDFs. Sorry!
I'll probably buy some and read them on my surface 3 pro, but I really prefer reading on my smartphone, which I have with me everywhere. If the material is good enough, I will probably buy it anyway.

Epub btw is really only html+css+images in a zip file. Pretty simple stuff, and the reader (for instance aldiko for android) can manipulate the css to give you smaller margins, 1-x column layout, change background/text colour and so on. It's probably not worth the effort for adventures where you often have tables and stuff like that that just won't fit nicely on a small screen, but it should be really trivial for articles.

Btw, I really love this site, there is so much content here, especially the user content (through the nice, well moderated forum). I think if you can harness those same users to write a bit more "complete" articles it should be good.

Last edited by a moderator:

timbannock

Adventurer
Supporter
I noticed it said in the FAQ that you guys were looking produce some binders. Might I recommend Zazzle as a source of customizable products -- binders are one of many things they sell -- that you could possibly even add funny phrases or cool artwork too?

http://www.zazzle.com/

They are one of the partners I work with every day at my job, and they do some wonderful customization.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I noticed it said in the FAQ that you guys were looking produce some binders. Might I recommend Zazzle as a source of customizable products -- binders are one of many things they sell -- that you could possibly even add funny phrases or cool artwork too?

http://www.zazzle.com/

They are one of the partners I work with every day at my job, and they do some wonderful customization.

I looked and couldn't find binders there! Do you have a direct link?

timbannock

Adventurer
Supporter
That's it.

I know they do some customized binders for Disney Store and Marvel Shop's websites, so that was why I pointed it out.

A binder with wraparound artwork from War of the Burning Sky or something like that would probably be amazing.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
As far as I can tell, I'd have to order a bunch, store them, and then sell and ship them myself? That's some overhead I don't have the resources to do. I was hoping for something more like cafe press where they sell them on demand for you and pay royalties.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases