• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ends justifying the means

Where are you getting the information about the three professionals evaluating her? I haven't read every page I'm this thread. Was an article actually linked? As far as I remember, Danny just commented he heard about this case

In this article: http://www.foxnews.com/story/2010/01/08/maine-woman-who-killed-husband-wont-go-to-prison/

From the article said:
Amber Cummings didn't address the court, but three mental health experts who evaluated her urged Hjelm not to send her to jail.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Well, insanity is a legal term, not one used in psychology.

Right, but AFAIK, BWS isn't formally recognized in the DSM-4.

Unless/until it does get some kind of formal recognition, it's rarely going to be successful.

Last edited:

Eh... it could have been three bad mental health practitioners. It could have been three who aren't knowledgeable in that area of work. Also, one should always question the experts hired by either side. The defense isn't going to put up the testimony of someone who disagrees with their side and says this lady should have been tossed in jail for years.

Last edited:

Eh... it could have been three bad mental health practitioners. It could have been three who aren't knowledgeable in that you're of work. Also, one should always question the experts hired by either side. The defense isn't going to put up the testimony of someone who disagrees with their side and says this lady should have been tossed in jail for years.

Sure but the judge also seems to have agreed with them. If you want to delve deeper, by all means go for it and track down the trial info. Based on the news stories, I am pretty well convinced judge made the right call.

You're entitled to your opinion. I still see a lot of things that are questionable. Also, I'm not sure that finding the actual psychological interviews is possible. That may be protected information. The trial information wouldn't be much help.

You're entitled to your opinion. I still see a lot of things that are questionable. Also, I'm not sure that finding the actual psychological interviews is possible. That may be protected information. The trial information wouldn't be much help.

Fair enough.

that was kind of my point, we can only make a judgment based on the available information and every news story i encountered had pretty much the same info as the fox article. If you find more news stories that go into greater detail on the experts that would help us delve deeper, but until then, I think between them having thre experts and the judge basically agreeing with the experts in his sentencing is enough for me.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads