• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Enemy Among Us (DM: Stringbean2142, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"These are just psychic projections of something greater! Disturb the link and they may dissapear. Target them with psychic powers if you can!"

[sblock=OOC]
Could you please leave the text of the rolls instead just saying "rolls" in the link? It's not that I don't trust you, but mistakes happen (such as forgetting concealment or some similar minor thing...also it aids in descriptions if enemy misses by one or hits by one the description is different then if it is by five.

Math is clear, my writing isn't. I meant:
written text is as I thought it is: vulnerability 5 + insubstantial = damage/2 + 5
as things stand: vulnerability 5 + insubstantial = (damage+5)/2 = damage/2 + 2.5

Also hound 24 is cursed.
[/sblock]

Atriden

First Post
Seeing Bell in trouble again, Atlas looks at the dog with wild expression " You are going down! " and suddenly Atlas kicks the ground sending shock waves through the ground around him hoping that the dog will fall to its knees, which it doesn't.

The earth genasi is clearly not pleased and continues his relentless attack on the hound with his blade, finally knocking it out. Then he moves in front of Bell, blocking the seekers line of fire to her.
[sblock=Actions]
Minor: Earthshock on Hound 24. Does not hit.
Standard. Uses Vipers Strike on hound 24. Hit AC 18 and does 10 damage, knocking the dog unconscious.
Move Action: Moves to M13
[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Bell reels in pain. Reaching up and covering her head with her arms she shakes violently and lets loose a high pitched shriek. I hate tentacles. . . can't let them get to me.

Bell starts filling her head with flasehoods trying to confuse the creatures. As she screams out she falls to the ground."Mama! Papa! Auntie Em! Lumiere!"

[sblock=actions]
Standard: Second Wind
Minor: Fall Prone

Other: I have no idea wether I can force false thoughts on these things, or what kind of action it would take. I'm gonna make a bluff roll and an arcana. If you want to ignore them, I won't think twice about it. I really just wanted to yell something ridiculous.

Arcana = Crit . . . of course.
Bluff = 18
[/sblock]

[sblock=Quick Stats][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Bell Jabson: Shadar-Kai Bard 1 (+2 to all defenses)
Initiative: +2; Speed: 6; Passive Perception: 14; Passive Insight: 10
AC: 18; FRW:13/17/15
HP: 10/25; Surges: 4/8; Surge Value: 6; AP: 0
Languages: Common (Allarian), Imperia
Skills: Arcana +9, Streetwise +8, Perception +4, History +9, Bluff +8, Thievery +6
Str:10 Dex:15 Wis:9 Con:13 Int:18 Cha:16

Powers
Misdirecting Mark, Cutting Word
Focused Sound, Shadow Jaunt, Words of Friendship, Second Wind, Majestic Word 2/2
Malevolent Mischief

Full Sheet
[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Could you please leave the text of the rolls instead just saying "rolls" in the link? It's not that I don't trust you, but mistakes happen (such as forgetting concealment or some similar minor thing...also it aids in descriptions if enemy misses by one or hits by one the description is different then if it is by five.

written text is as I thought it is: vulnerability 5 + insubstantial = damage/2 + 5
as things stand: vulnerability 5 + insubstantial = (damage+5)/2 = damage/2 + 2.5

Also hound 24 is cursed.

1. Sure, will do from here on out.

2. If you look up "half damage" in either the compendium or the MM2 glossary, it says that you apply vulnerabilities and resists first, then halve the damage.

3. Right, thanks for reminding me.[/sblock]

Neurotic

[sblock=OOC]
[sblock=ooc]
2. If you look up "half damage" in either the compendium or the MM2 glossary, it says that you apply vulnerabilities and resists first, then halve the damage.
I was led to believe it by another player (not in this campaign. I don't own the books so I cannot verify such claims.

New map?[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
ooc: Halftime update.

[sblock=ooc]Hopefully someone with access to the appropriate materials can confirm that I am not a wretched liar. Or, at the very least, that I am not lying, wretchedly, about the vulnerability/insubstantial interaction.

To my understanding, Seeker 74 is not slowed because it did not enter the zone. The zone was created around it, and it never moved. Seeker 74 is also dead, and probably wouldn't have moved much even if it could, but the distinction may be important in the future. Seeker 26 is slowed, but I forgot to show that in the status block.

Amusing thought: Veruzak is probably going to wait 5 minutes after the fight is done to get off the roof.[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]Initiative:
Martelai (16/28, Concealed)
Seeker 26 (-6, slowed)
Seeker 31 (-6, Cursed)
Seeker 72 (slowed (save ends))
Veruzak (15/20, prone)
Kendrick (19/31)
Bell (10/25, bloodied, prone)
Atlas (19/26)
Catein (14/27)[/sblock]

[sblock=Monster Info]Seeker:
AC 12 | Fort 12 | Reflex 13 | Will 14
HP: 18. Insubstantial. Vulnerable 5 psychic.
MBA: +4 vs Reflex, 1d4+3 psychic damage.

Horse:
AC 16 | Fort 15 | Reflex 13 | Will 13
HP: 48
MBA: +5 vs AC; 1d6+5 damage.

Husks:
AC 15 | Fort 13 | Reflex 11 | Will 11
HP: Minion. Gains +2 to all defenses if there are two other husks w/in 5 squares.
MBA: +6 vs AC, 4 damage.

Hounds:
AC 16 | Fort 14 | Reflex 13 | Will 12
HP: 37.
MBA: +7 vs AC, 1d6+3 damage, + an additional d6 if two or more allies are adjacent to the target.
If a hound is adjacent to an enemy, that enemy grants CA to all melee attackers.[/sblock]

Attachments

• Enc1_round4_1.jpg
    Enc1_round4_1.jpg
    346.4 KB · Views: 52

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=OOC]

Seeker 74 is not slowed... :-S I got over-excited and read the map without remembering the turn before it... :blush:

That's why you're the DM, and I'm the player... :p

Sorry about that!

[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
"These are just psychic projections of something greater! Disturb the link and they may dissapear. Target them with psychic powers if you can!"

[sblock=OOC]

Also hound 24 is cursed.
[/sblock]

Veruzak considers Martelai's words for a moment, and then has an epiphany, THEIR BETTER DIVINING RODS! We don't need to use the controversial ones if we can capture some of these tentacle monsters alive! Good eye Martelai!

Bell reels in pain. Reaching up and covering her head with her arms she shakes violently and lets loose a high pitched shriek. I hate tentacles. . . can't let them get to me.

Bell starts filling her head with flasehoods trying to confuse the creatures. As she screams out she falls to the ground."Mama! Papa! Auntie Em! Lumiere!"

[sblock=actions]
Standard: Second Wind
Minor: Fall Prone

Other: I have no idea wether I can force false thoughts on these things, or what kind of action it would take. I'm gonna make a bluff roll and an arcana. If you want to ignore them, I won't think twice about it. I really just wanted to yell something ridiculous.

Arcana = Crit . . . of course.
Bluff = 18
[/sblock]

[sblock=Quick Stats][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Bell Jabson: Shadar-Kai Bard 1 (+2 to all defenses)
Initiative: +2; Speed: 6; Passive Perception: 14; Passive Insight: 10
AC: 18; FRW:13/17/15
HP: 10/25; Surges: 4/8; Surge Value: 6; AP: 0
Languages: Common (Allarian), Imperia
Skills: Arcana +9, Streetwise +8, Perception +4, History +9, Bluff +8, Thievery +6
Str:10 Dex:15 Wis:9 Con:13 Int:18 Cha:16

Powers
Misdirecting Mark, Cutting Word
Focused Sound, Shadow Jaunt, Words of Friendship, Second Wind, Majestic Word 2/2
Malevolent Mischief

Full Sheet
[/sblock]

Veruzak catches a glimpse of Bell as she screams out, Use your clothes and, cover up! he advises, having had such success parrying the tentacles so far. Cover your head, and DON'T open your mouth when it's close to it. These might be the things that eat your brain...

Neurotic

"Let's get them one by one! Focus fire!"
Martelai moves westward until he sees the seeker hovering near the cabin clearly. He pulls his hands on his chest making motion of jaws going out toward the seeker.
"Mighty Ihbar, notice these little ones and sate your hunger!"
Spectral jaws fly away at the seeker ravaging it's ephemereal form.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: to O 10, concealment
Minor: Curse seeker 26
Standard: Eldritch blast with Fate of the Void +2 (good roll!) plus curse damage

Eldritch blast (1d20+6=24, 1d10+4=11, 1d6=6)
total: 11+6 = 17
[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Kendrick looks around the battlefield, note a seeker that just got blasted by Martelai and decides, hey, why not make things worse for it? He charges the weird little thing and outs a sword through it.

[sblock=Actions]
Minor: Quarry on Seeker 26
Move : A few square forward
Standard: Charge
vs AC (1d20+7+1=14, 1d8+4+1d6=16)

Hit for 16/2=8
[/sblock]

Remove ads