Enemy Among Us (DM: Stringbean2142, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=Nothing worth reading, really]
Use your clothes and, cover up! he advises, having had such success parrying the tentacles so far.

Bad place.[/sblock]

When the creatures are defeated they pop like a soap bubble. There is nothing left, not even a soapy residue.

The other two beings quiver in what you'd like to think is fear but could just as easily be indigestion as they lash out at the new threat Kendrick poses. The first attack is excruciating, but the second is even worse, and the ranger collapses to the ground.

[sblock=Status]Initiative:
Martelai (16/28, Concealed)
Seeker 31 (-6, Cursed)
Seeker 72 (slowed (save ends))
Veruzak (15/20, prone)
Kendrick (-1/31, dying)
Bell (10/25, bloodied, prone)
Atlas (19/26)
Catein (14/27)

Seeker 26 dies, triggering Martelai's Pact Boon.

Both Seekers attack Kendrick. Seeker 31 hits Reflex 14 for 9 psychic damage, which bloodies him, and 72 crits for 11 psychic damage, which knocks him unconscious. 72 is also no longer slowed.

As a delightful reminder, Seeker 31 is currently floating 3 squares above the ground, out of melee range of someone on the ground. And you can't use forced movement to move someone vertically.[/sblock]

[sblock=Monster Info]Seeker:
AC 12 | Fort 12 | Reflex 13 | Will 14
HP: 18. Insubstantial. Vulnerable 5 psychic.
MBA: +4 vs Reflex, 1d4+3 psychic damage.[/sblock]

Attachments

• Enc1_round5.jpg
    Enc1_round5.jpg
    333.2 KB · Views: 54

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Bell peeks a look as the creatures attack, seeing Kendrick fall to the ground, and not get up.

"Mr. Kent!" She calls in horror before turning and facing his attacker. Argh! This day really is poor! She charges forward shouting towards the floating horror.

"You jerks!" The sounds picks up serious power as it slips through the magic streams before reverberating through the target.

[sblock=actions]
Move to N8
Focused Sound vs Seeker 72.
[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2317081/]14[/url] vs. Reflex. 9 damage. Until the end of my next turn any attack against the target can score a critical hit on a roll of 18-20.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Quick Stats][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color][/color]
Bell Jabson: Shadar-Kai Bard 1 (+2 to all defenses)
Initiative: +2; Speed: 6; Passive Perception: 14; Passive Insight: 10
AC: 18; FRW:13/17/15
HP: 10/25; Surges: 4/8; Surge Value: 6; AP: 0
Languages: Common (Allarian), Imperia
Skills: Arcana +9, Streetwise +8, Perception +4, History +9, Bluff +8, Thievery +6
Str:10 Dex:15 Wis:9 Con:13 Int:18 Cha:16

Powers
Misdirecting Mark, Cutting Word
Focused Sound, Shadow Jaunt, Words of Friendship, Second Wind, Majestic Word 2/2
Malevolent Mischief

Full Sheet
[/sblock]

Last edited:

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=Lightning?]Please. Even light takes time to travel to your eye.

Annoyingly, from N8 both remaining Seekers are in range, no matter how many times I recount the squares.[/sblock]

Atriden

First Post
Atlas hurries to Kendrick's side to aid him. " Get up " he says as he quickly patches Kendrick as good as he can with his shield arm " We still need your sword and I don't want to be the only martial expert around here " and gives Kendrick a reassuring clap on his shoulder as he once again regains conciousness. Atlas remains at Kendrick's side and recollects his spend energies.
[sblock=Actions]
Move Action: Moves to H12
Standard Action: Activates Kendricks second wind with a heal check, got 23
Action Point: Second wind
[/sblock]

Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=edited]Geez. Next thing, you'll want me to roleplay without real world references and keep track of my own powers and hitopints.[/sblock]

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
[sblock=ooc]
I'm going to wait for the madness to settle down before I do my post... specifically, I wanna know which seeker I have an extra chance to crit...

also, no vertical movement on forced moves? Does that even make sense considering the number of powers vs. Will that make things come to you? it seem like you could make something come *down* to you just as easily as come over to you. I don't know if our group has anything like that (and all my forced movement is push), but it seems an odd blanket statement. I guess if it's in the rules, it's in the rules, though...
[/sblock]

Remove ads