D&D 5E Enhancing "Ghosts of Saltmarsh"

If we consider that all the different types of sahuagin and lizardfolk have the same movement speeds, then it makes sense for both types of koalinth to have the same movement speeds as well. To me, 30/30 makes the most sense, so I think I'll go with that.

That's the call I would make, too.

Prakriti

Hi, I'm a Mindflayer, but don't let that worry you
In the original Danger at Dunwater, the lizardfolk tribe is led by a chieftain. In Ghosts of Saltmarsh, the chieftain has been changed to a Queen.

This is a little problematic, because the official lore is that all lizardfolk Kings/Queens are tainted by the demon Sess'innek, and tribes ruled by such an individual are more inclined toward evil and aggression. (That's why they speak Abyssal in addition to Draconic, for example.) Neutral-aligned lizardfolk tribes are ruled by shamans (and chieftains, I suppose, though the 5E Monster Manual doesn't say anything about that).

Considering the lizardfolk in Danger at Dunwater are supposed to be the good guys, it doesn't make sense for them to be ruled by a King/Queen, so I have changed Queen Othokent back to a chieftain. Now if the players roll high enough on their Nature check, they might be able to learn these lore details about lizardfolk, and the fact that the Dunwater tribe is ruled by a chieftain instead of a demonic King/Queen should make diplomacy more appealing.

In the original Danger at Dunwater, the lizardfolk tribe is led by a chieftain. In Ghosts of Saltmarsh, the chieftain has been changed to a Queen.

This is a little problematic, because the official lore is that all lizardfolk Kings/Queens are tainted by the demon Sess'innek, and tribes ruled by such an individual are more inclined toward evil and aggression.
This is Forgotten Realms lore. GoS is set in Greyhawk.

I haven’t read it yet, but I did DM the originals - AD&D rules in Greyhawk.

I think someday I might run it in relation to the Shackled City Adventure Path, which takes place across the water in Greyhawk. IMC, I’ve already decided the smugglers are importing tropical products from Sasserine and the Scarlet Brotherhood to Keoland.

Prakriti

Hi, I'm a Mindflayer, but don't let that worry you
Thoughts on "Isle of the Abbey?" My group will probably run it next week, and I've heard that the dungeon is kind of uninspired. I'm inclined to agree, but I'm not quite sure how to improve it yet. I'm thinking more puzzles and fewer traps and monsters.

There are a couple of misplaced items in "Abbey" that you will need to sort out. I haven't played it, but it seems fine otherwise. It wouldn't make much sense for the abbey dungeon to be full of tricks and puzzles without the excuse of a mad wizard builder. There are some quite interesting guardian creatures to fight.

Remove ads