• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Enormous Ptolus Map

HeinorNY

First Post
Not trying to be a jerk, I really like maps, and I'm really into the Ptolus release, my DM is waiting for his preordered book and we are playing the banewarres, and I'm a monte cook fanboy, but I gotta ask it , is a city map really necessary? Is it at least half useful as a world map? Is there any tactical relevance to know the exact location of the Vladaam house? or the abandoned manor in Banewarrens? or how many minutes the group will walk to reach necropolis from the delver's square?
I play RPG for 8 years and never really needed city maps to play the game. The big ptolus map is great, but what's the use of it?

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
*sings, barbershop quartet style*

I take a look at my enormous Ptolus,
and my players start a'running away.
I take a look at my enormous Ptolus,
and the happy times are comin' to stay.

:)
-blarg

Klaus

First Post
ainatan said:
Not trying to be a jerk, I really like maps, and I'm really into the Ptolus release, my DM is waiting for his preordered book and we are playing the banewarres, and I'm a monte cook fanboy, but I gotta ask it , is a city map really necessary? Is it at least half useful as a world map? Is there any tactical relevance to know the exact location of the Vladaam house? or the abandoned manor in Banewarrens? or how many minutes the group will walk to reach necropolis from the delver's square?
I play RPG for 8 years and never really needed city maps to play the game. The big ptolus map is great, but what's the use of it?
Ptolus is *so* detailed and consistent, that the exact position of some buildings help establish the same "milieu" on the minds of the players.

Plus, it adds a new dimension on cross-city chases! :)

HiLiphNY

Explorer
Great work, Firey Dudes!

I got the map last night in NYC, and love. it. I'll be sure to stop by the Gencon both and say hi, as per usual. Gonna pick up your new Ptolus Counter Collection, too.

FIREY DRAGON ROCKS.

Ian

XCorvis

First Post
Does anyone know if there is a downloadable version of the map? The huge, sturdy vinyl version is great, but I'd like to be able to print it on something less expensive.

shaylon

First Post
My map showed up yesterday! It would more than cover my dining room table. It is fantastic, still not sure what I am going to with it, but I am glad I bought it!

-Shay

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads