ENW Short Story Smackdown Summer 07 (Winner Announced)

First Post
Haha - sorry, Maxfieldjadenfox. Reading your request for more trash talking and then the utterly civil conversation that followed made me laugh; I'm afraid this group is just too tame for your tastes. :)

Last edited:

FickleGM

Explorer
I lack confidence in my writing skills, which makes it difficult to talk smack. As I get more comfortable, perhaps I'll start...I'm just not sure that it will be in this competition.

:)

FickleGM

Explorer
Oh, don't get me wrong, I don't need to be a pro to talk trash. When I'm on the basketball court or sparring someone or whatnot, I'm nonstop trash talking...even when getting my ass handed to me.

In this case, it's a lack of comfort, brought on by my lack of confidence. When I become a little more confident in my writing, I'll also feel more comfortable, which will then manifest itself in some smack talk. Being as this is only my second time doing this (I was ousted in the first round last time) and only the second short story that I've written in over 20 years (CDM spring '07 being the first one), I feel funny talking much trash.

Remove ads