• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Epic 20] Diablos Ex Machina

Douane

First Post
Eidalac said:
Nope. LA will be dealt with via racial bonuses; ie, you'll get less than a LA 0 race.

The Ogre got 3 features, but no the ability bonuses of the standard races - not that he needs any more ability scores. I'll do something similar with the half-dragon.

Which reminds me - what's the other half?

Doh. I really need a forehead-slapping smiley.

Ogre? ;)

No, it's Human, proving once again that they'll mate with nearly everything.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
I decided I want him to have a mount lol. Would it be easier to just buy one of the wonderous figurines (the elephant one) or is there some kind of actually fitting mount that would be easy enough to explain. Eidalac, just let me know what you will allow or prefer and I will do it. Heck, if you tell me how much to pay I'll let you choose it for me lol.

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Unless you're planning to give negative benefits to the half-dragon, I honestly can't see how 2 feats and 2 ability boosts are worth the same as a breath weapon DC 20+Con modifier, +4 natural armor, claws, bite, an energy immunity and a total of +14 to various stats.

Eidalac

Explorer
The stats and energy immunity are the only things that concern me.

My thoughts:

1. No level based racial abilities (ie, it has all the abilities in the template already)
  2. Turn the Energy Immunity into Energy Resistance (= 1/2 HD, ie 10)
  3. +2 to one mental stat.
  4. +5 to spread on physical stats.

Looking over this, I've been pondering if I shouldn't bump the racial stat boosts back to +2.

Shayuri

First Post
For review prior to posting in RG.

Note that some elements of this are still WIP. In particular I think I have the skills wrong still.

I'm still open on Eclectic Learning...which spells to pick. Here's some I'm considering:

Greater Teleport
Greater Prying Eyes
Spell Turning
Adamantine Wings

See Invisible
Arcane Turmoil
Glitterdust

Any suggestions will be entertained... I'm most concerned with the 3rd level spell (remember nonevocation are +1 level) and the 8th level spell.

i'm also open to alternative feat loads, within some reason.

Suggestions on money spending also accepted.

[sblock=The Omega]Name: Omega
Race: Warforged
Class Warmage 20
Exp: 190k+
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Str 8 –- (0 pts)
Dex 14 –- (6 pts)
Con 18 -- (6 pts) +4 racial
Int 14 -- (6 pts)
Wis 10 -- (4 pts) -2 racial
Cha 30 -- (10 pts) -2 racial + 5 levelup + 5 inherent + 6 enhancement

Hit Points 20d6+80
AC 37 (10 + 2 dex + 9 armor + 6 shield + 5 deflection +5 natural) Touch 27, Flat 35
Init +2
BAB +10, Grap +9
Speed 20 (base 20, load 0/0, heavy armor)
Fort +15, Ref +13, Will +17

Speaks Common, Draconic, ?

Skills 92
+26 Concentration [23 ranks + 3 Con]
+7 Engineering [5 ranks + 2 Int]
+26 Intimidate [23 ranks + 3 Cha]
+11 Supernatural Lore [9 ranks + 2 Int]
+25 Knowledge: History [23 ranks + 2 Int]
+11 Spellcraft [9 ranks + 2 Int]

Feats
1 Adamantine Body (AC +4 DR 6)
3 Eschew materials
6 Spell Focus: Evocation
9 Battle Caster (Heavy)
12 Improved Fortification (Immune to crits)
15 Heighten Spell
18 Empower Spell

Racename Traits
Construct type, living subtype
immune to poison, disease, nausea, fatigue, exhaustion, effects that cause the sickened condition, and

energy drain.
Cannot heal damage naturally.
Healing spells/abilities only heal half damage.
Stasis at 0 through -10 HP.
Does not eat, sleep, or breathe.
Composite plating: +2 armor bonus, as light armor.
Light Fortification, 25% chance to avoid critical hits/sneak attacks.
Natural weapon, one slam attack for 1d4+Str.
Racial Abilities
• 4th level ability: Improved Damage Reduction, an experience warforged has learned to use it's metal

plating to absorb blows, and instinctively shifts his body to do so.
• 8th level ability: Enhanced Fortification, more time in the world has taught the warforged the places

it does not want to get struck. With a few minor modifications to it's body, along with an improved

sense of awareness, the warforged now has a 50% chance to negate a critical hit or precision based

damage.
• 12th level ability: +1 bonus to Constitution or Strength
• 16th level ability: Fluidity, by now the warforged has learned to move in a more fluid and natural

way, compensating from imperfections in it's base design. A warforged with either the Adamantine Body

or Mithral Body feat has it's armor check penalty reduced by 1 and it's max dexterity bonus increased

by 1.
A warforged without these feats has it's base land speed increased by 10 feet.
In either case, the warforged's arcane spell failure chance is reduced by 5%.
• 20th level ability: +1 bonus to Constitution or Strength

Classname Abilities
Basic Weapons plus Crossbows
Armored Mage (Medium) - Can wear Medium armor and shields and ignore Arcane Fail Chance.
Warmage Edge (+2) - Add 2 to the final damage of all spells that cause hit point damage.
Advanced Learning (3rd) -
Eclectic Learning (6th) -
Eclectic Learning (11th) - Repair Critical Damage (+4d8+20 dmg to constructs)
Eclectic Learning (16th) -
Sudden Empower
Sudden Enlarge
Sudden Widen
Sudden Maximize

Spellcasting (warmage CL 20, DC 20+lvl, evoc 21+lvl)
0th- Acid Splash, Disrupt Undead, Ray of Frost, Light
1st- Accuracy, Burning Hands, Chill Touch, Fist of Stone, Hail of Stone, Magic Missile, Floating Disc, Lesser Orb of Acid, Lesser Orb of Electricity, Lesser Orb of Fire, Lesser Orb of Cold, Lesser Orb of Sound, Shocking Grasp, True Strike
2nd- Blades of Fire, Continual Flame, Fire Trap, Fireburst, Flaming Sphere, Ice Knife, Acid Arrow, Pyrotechnics, Scorching Ray, Shatter, Whirling Blade
3rd- Fire Shield, Fireball, Flame Arrow, Gust of Wind, Ice Storm, Lightning Bolt, Poison, Ring of
Blades, Sleet Storm, Stinking Cloud
4th- Blast of Flame, Contagion, Black Tentacles, Orb of Acid, Orb of Cold, Orb of Electricity, Orb of Fire, Orb of Force, Orb of Sound, Phantasmal Killer, Shout, Wall of Fire
5th- Arc of Lightning, Cloudkill, Cone of Cold, Mass Fire Shield, Greater Fireburst, Flamestrike,
Prismatic Ray
6th- Acid Fog, Blade Barrier, Chain Lightning, Circle of Death, Disintegrate, Fire Seeds, Freezing Sphere, Tenser's Transformation
7th- Delayed Fireball, Earthquake, Finger of Death, Firestorm, Mord Sword, Prismatic Spray, Sunbeam, Wave of Exhaustion
8th- Horrid Wilting, Incendiary Cloud, Polar Ray, Prismatic Wall, Scintillating Pattern, Greater Shout, Sunburst
9th- Elemental Swarm, Implosion, Meteor Swarm, Prismatic Sphere, Wail of the Banshee, Weird

Equipment 38,500

Armor
Black Iron Skin, +9 AC, DR 6/-, ACP: -4, Max Dex: +2, 311k
- +5 Death Ward Adamantine Chassis of Ghost Ward, 49k
- Greater Energy Resistance (Cold, Fire), 132k
- Improved Energy Resistance (Acid, Electricity, Sonic), 126k
- Landing, 4k

Repulsor Plate, +6 AC, ACP 0, 64k
- +5 Arrow Deflecting Ghost Ward Mithril Buckler

Weapons

Gear
Ring of Protection +5, 50,000
Ring of Free Action, 40,000
Amulet of Natural Armor +5, 50,000
Vest of Resistance +5, 25,000
Cloak of Charisma +6, 36k
Belt of the Wide Earth, 8k

Tome of Cha +5, 137,500

Background

Personality

Appearance

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Douane

First Post
Eidalac said:
Nope. LA will be dealt with via racial bonuses; ie, you'll get less than a LA 0 race.

The Ogre got 3 features, but no the ability bonuses of the standard races - not that he needs any more ability scores. I'll do something similar with the half-dragon.
Just to make sure I got things right: An Ogre "pays" effectively two +1 boosts to get rid of a ECL +2, correct?

Remove ads