• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Epic 20] Diablos Ex Machina

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Im thinking about a Cleric/devil worshiper PrC
are BoVd and Fiendish codex useable? I don't know which PrC, looking for something that fits the concept, and can cast 8th lvl spells if possible, but dont have my books.

The Lurking Fear, Doom of Sark, Iudd's Dread (Sarker) –
Concept.
Sarker (as he now calls himself) was always the power behind the throne, the corrupter. He has led his the Sark-Arundin Empire (his world's largest empire) into chaos and depravity, rejoicing the despoiling of the sacred. Now that he has won, he looks for new challenges, unsatisfied with the small successor states, and barbarian hordes that now control the land of his birth. Insperations are Saulron (from similarion) or Saurman/Wormtounge (or Cheney) his goal is chaos and destruction, but his means is an ordered system.

In full disclosure - I am uncertain if I can play for the whole game, so if there is someone else who wants to take a divine role, a little overlap would not hurt.

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Shifted my equipment around and swapped a feat out (realized I couldn’t take improved rapidstrike at 18th because I don’t get BAB +15 until level 20). Here’s a sample alternate form stat block (for what will be my most common ‘pure combat’ form) to give you a better idea of the combat stats of this beast, and I’ll get some expanded background and personality up soon.

[sblock=Primary Combat Form]
Wyrmling Force Dragon

Abilities when Shifted:
Str: 41 [31 base, +4 Warshaper, +6 Item]
Dex: 16 [10 base, +6 Item]
Con: 31 [21 base, +4 Warshaper, +6 Item]
Int: 20
Wis: 20
Cha: 28

Hit Dice: 20d8 + 200
VP: 293
WP: 62 (modified for Huge size)
AC: 51 (+9 Armor, +7 Shield, +3 Dex, +24 Deflection from NA, -2 Size), Touch 35, FF 48.
Init: +3 (+3 Dex)
Speed: 60ft (fly 250 ft, average maneuverability)
Space/Reach: 15ft/15ft (20ft with Bite)

Saves:
Fortitude +25 [+15 base, +10 Con]
Reflex +11 [+8 base, +3 Dex]

BAB/Grapple: +15/+38
Melee Attack: Bite +33 [4d6+20, x2]
Melee Full Attack: Bite +33 [4d6+20, x2, Poison (if using feat)], 2 Claws +33/+33/+28 [2d6+12, x2], 2 Wings +33/+33 [2d6+12, x2], Tail Slap +33 [2d8+27, x2]
Poison: Fort save DC 30, 1d6 Con/1d6 Con (via Serpent's Venom).

Extra abilities: Frightful Presence (DC 29), DR 10/Magic, SR 24, Immune to Force. Overland flight speed 40 mph normal (80 mph hustling).
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Douane

First Post
Hey, Nac Mac Feegle, could you help me a bit out?

I've zero experience desgining magic equipment (our 18th level RL game sports +2 swords at best) and thus I wanted to "borrow" your collar idea but somehow I'm getting a different price.

50,000 Amulet of NA +5
36,000 STR +6 + 50% Stacking + 50% not matching body slot affinity = 81,000
36,000 DEX +6 + 50% Stacking + 50% not matching body slot affinity = 81,000
36,000 CON +6 + 50% Stacking = 54,000

total: 266,000 GP :confused:

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Eidalac

Explorer
The Human 4th level ability "Jack of all Trades" doesn't seem to have much use anymore due to the new skill system. Will it be replaced by anything?

Yeah... I'm not sure what I'll put in ATM though.

I'm considering taking the Leadership feat due to the little background story written earlier. I was curious as to if there was any issue with that feat?

None as of such. However, it'd be your responsibility to run the cohort/followers, in general. I'll have enough to deal with without having to juggle umpteen mini-PCs.

And lastly, is it even possible for an ogre to have a mount?

Of course. Would have to be a Huge creature, but that's all. 'Course, finding a good Huge mount may be an issue in and of itself.

When shifted, they only give the armor bonus and enhancement bonus. The special features you're loading up, by RAW, do not work when shifted.

CADV, IIRC, has a 'Beastskin' feature. It's a +2 bonus that just resizes armor to fit - however it requires you to spend an extra Wildshape use to activate.

farmboymdp & Apocalypse_Child

You guys would be numbers 6 & 7, and I'd be willing ot take a max of 8 to start with. I only like to run with 4-6, but I always assume 2 or so will drop out.

So, yeah, we are still open.

What pantheon are we using for this setting?

Any and all.

are BoVd and Fiendish codex useable?

BoVD I have, but not Fiendish Codex.

BoVD stuff I'll have to consider on a case-by-case basis. I like it and all, but some of it is outright broken.

Concept looks very interesting.

So, ATM, the concepts all look good, and we have a total of 8 interested parties.

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Oh that's simple, you're just not forgetting completely about the 'wrong slot' cost increase, it's way easier if you do that.

In other words, Doh, time to go back and do a lot more tweaking. And I'm using the Wild feature rather than the Beastskin mostly for style (I checked it in MIC). Since Lilith just doesn't spend any time in her 'natural' form any more, Wild means that she doesn't appear to be wearing armor/carrying a shield, but she still gets +16 AC from them :)

EDIT: Alright, I swapped my belt and throat slots (since Belt covers 'Physical Improvement' it nicely works for having all the physical stats in it), so that should fix everything with a minimum of fuss.

Last edited:

ethandrew

First Post
I am thinking of running a Mystic Theurge and Ur-Priest build, probably a LA 1 or 0 race, tiefling or something similar. I'm wanting something with good arcane and divine energies.

Douane

First Post
Oh, er, sorry!!! :(

I thought I was just missing some sort of "rebate" for building a compound item (and therefore putting all of one's eggs in to one basket).

Eidalac

Explorer
Wrong Slot cost? Sheesh.

I'm used to just doubling the cost of extra effects. It works out the same price, most of the time. I just don't like the idea of magic being 'harder' to work on specific body parts.

Douane

First Post
Quick question: I have to pay the full ECL +3 for half-dragon, right?

Reason I'm asking is that compared with the ECL-less Ogre who gets at least 4 giant levels for make up for the lost four levels the Half-Dragon and his three lost levels become somewhat discouraging.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads